IGNORED

If Tammy is worth £65m, how much for Fammy?

Hampshire Red

Whilst we contemplate Storm Brendan and parking, walking to another stadium located out of town, something more fun to consider. 

All the pundits seem to think Chelski would get £65m or more if they chose to sell Tammy this season. Wonder if LJ gets a cut for developing him from a raw, offside kid into an international superstar? 

So, IF we had a replacement striker lined up (this is hypothetical) or it was MA/Ljs strategy to move Fam on this window, eg Kodjia, what would we want? Close to £10m, £15m or £20m?

Watching very closely his efforts and skill at Wigan, especially his disallowed strike and his assist, the question may provoke a range of short responses.

25, i hear to my right!! 

5 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Tammy is young, English and already one of the best strikers in the Prem.

As much as I like Fam, he is none of these things. They are not comprable players.

We would likely get a bit more than we paid, as he is established in the English game now, but not much more.

He is a striker ?

I want to say 8m or so but Lucas Joao went for that and don’t think his goal scoring record is near as good as Fam’s is. Think it depends on who is interested. Another champ club would probably pay 10m for him(don’t think we’d sell to a competitor for less). Abroad maybe less something like 8m I think would be fair. 

44 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Whilst we contemplate Storm Brendan and parking, walking to another stadium located out of town, something more fun to consider. 

All the pundits seem to think Chelski would get £65m or more if they chose to sell Tammy this season. Wonder if LJ gets a cut for developing him from a raw, offside kid into an international superstar? 

So, IF we had a replacement striker lined up (this is hypothetical) or it was MA/Ljs strategy to move Fam on this window, eg Kodjia, what would we want? Close to £10m, £15m or £20m?

Watching very closely his efforts and skill at Wigan, especially his disallowed strike and his assist, the question may provoke a range of short responses.

25, i hear to my right!! 

You can't compare the two at all. Abraham obviously has a much higher ceiling, is younger, is at Chelsea (who aren't under any pressure to sell him) and is English. All of those factors add millions to his value.

I don't know Diedhiou's contract situation which is a big consideration, but I think if we sold him this window, in this current market, we'd get anywhere from 8-10m for him. 

A better comparison would be Mason Greenwood at United (or even Eddie Nketiah at Arsenal!). 

If Fam played at his best, and fired in shots as he did at Wigan he would be worth a lot.  Unfortunately, he goes through periods when he looks poor and just doesn’t get into games. This inconsistency would, IMO, reduce his value to £6m - £7m

48 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

If Fam played at his best, and fired in shots as he did at Wigan he would be worth a lot.  Unfortunately, he goes through periods when he looks poor and just doesn’t get into games. This inconsistency would, IMO, reduce his value to £6m - £7m

I've noticed he does much better if he thinks his place is under threat, he knows a striker is going to be added to the squad soon and is putting down a marker

They only rate Tammy at £65m? I’m sure they’d be asking £100m for him, young, with a fair bit of experience for his age & a decent scoring record, to replace him wouldn’t come cheap & I couldn’t see Chelsea looking to the Championship for his replacement & anyone else that has similar attributes / stats would surely cost them more than £65m in today’s market.

A player is only worth what some one is willing to pay. 

Liverpool or Man City wouldn't need him, neither do Arsenal so the only options left are Spurs and Man United. Spurs need a striker but are skint and just like United it would be a sideways move. 

So unless there are teams abroad that want him then its hard to put a figure on it as the demand isnt there.

Fam has generally been great the last 5/6 games. Looking really fired up and working his nuts off, not to mention his touch looks really good recently. 
I don’t think we could replace him, for what we’d get for him. 
I’d be disappointed to see us accept anything less that £15million (subject to him having at least a year left on his contract) 

Wasn't there talk (when we had Tammy on loan) that Chelsea would entertain a conversation about making his transfer perm with a price of around 10mil?

Sure that all went tits however when they realised there was a bit more to his game than just knocking them on for fun in youth games and they rewarded him with a new contract.

The lad is a bit of a goal machine isn't he.

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

Liverpool or Man City wouldn't need him, neither do Arsenal so the only options left are Spurs and Man United. Spurs need a striker but are skint and just like United it would be a sideways move. 

So unless there are teams abroad that want him then its hard to put a figure on it as the demand isnt there.

He was being courted by clubs in Turkey and China amongst others when we signed him.

He now has experience in the Championship and a decent goal return to boot so smaller Prem clubs like Watford , Burnley , Bournemouth etc could be willing to take a chance on him .

I would think that he’s at least doubled what we paid for him and I wouldn’t be surprised if both him and Weimann are sold in the summer whatever division we find ourselves in.

This assumption based on their ages and our policy of trying to sell players at the top of their value . 

2 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

Where have you got that figure from?

I'm pretty sure he went for under £5m.

I could be remembering wrong but I remembered 7m I think and 10m for Puscas. 

Just had a loon and Transfermarkt has it at around 5m maybe there are add ons. His scoring record is ok too. Better than I thought. Though maybe price a bit lower because SW needed funds? We don’t so I’d still expect an overall profit on what we paid for Fam. Obviously dependent on contract situation

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

He’s doing ok where he is, so common sense says it’s probably best to stay where he is.

Having Lampard as his boss can only be good for his England career, and if I recall, he actually lives in (or near) London too.

Keep this form up and he could be worth a fortune. Looks unplayable, scoring goals recently too. What are these long shots all about? Not seen him strike a ball so well before.

I don't think he is trying any harder. I think he is simply fitter and better than ever before. Tactics helped too moving Weimann deeper, allowing Fam to be the main man up top. 

It makes me wonder what the plan is with forwards in this window. Fam and Eliasson are currently our two best players. Yet if we sign Nketiah I imagine they may both be dropped and Palmer may come in to form the kind of thing we saw with Afobe.

30 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I could be remembering wrong but I remembered 7m I think and 10m for Puscas. 

Just had a loon and Transfermarkt has it at around 5m maybe there are add ons. His scoring record is ok too. Better than I thought. Though maybe price a bit lower because SW needed funds? We don’t so I’d still expect an overall profit on what we paid for Fam. Obviously dependent on contract situation

£10m for Puscas! Again, I suspect it was lower, but either way, anything in that ballpark and they have well and truly had their pants pulled down. Up there with the entire Luton XI for worst player I've seen at the Gate this season.

Based on those number, I hope in future if we are looking to sell anyone, that Reading are interested!

It seems that £15m is the consensus amongst City fans from this thread but few people have named where he might go. Let's look at the clubs with money and a real need. Top of my list is Villa who actually need two strikers and who have a significant trading relationship with us over the past years. My guess is £17.5m to Villa with add-ons if they stay up etc.

My hope is he stays put and spectators at BS3 see him in a truly positive light and stop the pathetic digs at him heard this season.

Archived