IGNORED

Fammy Contract

NcnsBcfc

Whilst the focus has been on Brownhill's contract being up summer 2021. The fact that Fammys is up as well seems to have been overlooked.

I know there will always be views of his performances. But in the last month, I'd have him down as our most in form player.

He's been in double figures for the last 3 seasons, and to replace him properly would arguably cost a lot more than the £5.5 m he cost.

Rumours abound of foreign interest (Turkey, Portugal etc). They obviously see a player who has performed at an International stage.

Like Brownhill, and Eliason; I think we're going to have to pay him top dollar to stay with us going into his last year. Whether he fancies a change of scenery is another matter of course.

6 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Whilst the focus has been on Brownhill's contract being up summer 2021. The fact that Fammys is up as well seems to have been overlooked.

I know there will always be views of his performances. But in the last month, I'd have him down as our most in form player.

He's been in double figures for the last 3 seasons, and to replace him properly would arguably cost a lot more than the £5.5 m he cost.

Rumours abound of foreign interest (Turkey, Portugal etc). They obviously see a player who has performed at an International stage.

Like Brownhill, and Eliason; I think we're going to have to pay him top dollar to stay with us going into his last year. Whether he fancies a change of scenery is another matter of course.

I think he will be sold in the summer. The other two by then too. That will make us loads of money which we re-invest. 

I think people will be surprised by the level of clubs that will want Diedhiou.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think he will be sold in the summer. The other two by then too. That will make us loads of money which we re-invest. 

I agree Jon.

The club haven't bought him up in any contract conversations with Gregor.

I can only assume he will off to pastures new. I think we'll miss him. Particularly, strangely enough from a defensive point of view.

The games when he was suspended, we got hammered at set pieces.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

You think prem teams would be in for him? Can't see it myself, not sure his goals record is quite comparable with other strikers who get bought up to that level - and many of them struggle.

But I could easily see a top championship team or a top team in a smaller European country take him.

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Well underrated. Not perfect of course hence playing in the second tier but Ive never understood the criticism.

Very devisive player of course with fans, and can have games that go horribly wrong.

But from the opinions of the fans that i respect, they recognise the effort he puts in; and when he plays well, and is on form; he's a top player.

Will miss Dave, when he's not here.

20 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

For me he is better with the ball at his feet as he is pretty poor in the air. If he goes to a club that don't lump high balls in his direction he will do pretty well.

7 minutes ago, Super said:

For me he is better with the ball at his feet as he is pretty poor in the air. If he goes to a club that don't lump high balls in his direction he will do pretty well.

Agreed, he eems to be a little bit better this season with the ball at his feet. At times last season he had the touch of a concrete wall.

Great header against Shrewsbury in the cup,and reading at home though. I just don't think he actually gets up into the air particularly well, particularly to diagonal balls that we seemed intent on hitting at him.

5 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I think you have to offer him a contract to retain a market value for the club.  He's a £5m player at least. 
If you aren't going to spend the money, then he is the best we are going to get at this level. 

Silence is golden though isn't it. I think we're already making plans for his departure.

Who knows, it may come in this window; if we can replace him.

29 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

You think prem teams would be in for him? Can't see it myself, not sure his goals record is quite comparable with other strikers who get bought up to that level - and many of them struggle.

But I could easily see a top championship team or a top team in a smaller European country take him.

Yeah I'm thinking top championship team and big European side. But also would not shock me if a prem club came in for him. A Watford for example. That's if he keeps this form up of course. He looks on another level recently to before.

26 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah I'm thinking top championship team and big European side. But also would not shock me if a prem club came in for him. A Watford for example. That's if he keeps this form up of course. He looks on another level recently to before.

Yeh I could see him doing similar to Magnússon. Off to CSKA, Red Star, Salzburg, someone like that. Heads off to play champs league football and win the respective leagues at a canter.

I'd be surprised if a Watford or Burnley came in for him. Surprised, but as you say, not shocked.

1 hour ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Imo he's just played as he should've been playing in the last month. Eliasson has been our best inform player.

I wouldn't sell him in a hurry but if a tasty offer was put in I think he'd go. Everyone is replaceable 

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Did you see the pass that set up Paterson on Saturday? (from Fam, not Baker!)

Look, I don't want to come across as hating the guy. He's great and I support him as a player of this football club. But let's not suggest that a 15 yard pass along the floor constitutes technical ability.

I can recall plenty more passes he royally ballsed up against Wigan. That hilariously needless attempted outside foot pass to the left flank in the first half was my favourite.

22 minutes ago, Kykoliko said:

Look, I don't want to come across as hating the guy. He's great and I support him as a player of this football club. But let's not suggest that a 15 yard pass along the floor constitutes technical ability.

I can recall plenty more passes he royally ballsed up against Wigan. That hilariously needless attempted outside foot pass to the left flank in the first half was my favourite.

In his defence you gotta keep trying risky passes when up top to get a result.

I've gone to home games with 2 different sets of fans from other teams and they've all asked who our number 9 is. And not in a good way.  

I like Diedhou, never understood a lot of the stick he gets at times, one bloke who was next to me at Fulham was saying how rubbish he was at half time which personally I think was one of his best games in a City shirt!

I've always thought he was better away from home, just had a look and he's scored 15 at home, 18 away. Not much difference but still believe our style away suits him a bit better. 

33 goals in 95 games (78 starts). 1 in 3 at this level is nothing to be sniffed at. 

Weren't Warnock & Cardiff interested in him at one point? 

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Well underrated. Not perfect of course hence playing in the second tier but Ive never understood the criticism.

The stats bear out that he had a bad season in 18/19 but he's definitely doing better now.

He's put away 17 per cent of his shots this season, only marginally below the likes of Mitrovic, and seven of 12 'big chances', according to Opta.

Compare that to 11.4 per cent last season, and seven out of 27 'big chances', and it's clear how much more clinical he's been.

Do we have the option to automatically renew his contract for another year, like almost everyone else? If so, I’d imagine it’ll be taken. 

That seems pretty standard these days and possibly explains why there’s no hurry to sign him up or sell him on. 

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

In his defence you gotta keep trying risky passes when up top to get a result.

I've gone to home games with 2 different sets of fans from other teams and they've all asked who our number 9 is. And not in a good way.  

And I've been to several away games and spoken to opposing fans after the game who've been very impressed with Diedhiou - including Norwich last season - "best no 9 we've seen here this season".

He's consistently been a 1 in 3 striker for us since he joined. He's on 36 in 104 games across all comps. 14 in 36 in 17/18, 13 in 44 in 18/19 and currently on 9 in 24 this season. He's on track to have another solid season for us, if he maintains 1 in 3 and plays every game then he'll end the season with 14 in the league (rounded up) and likely another 1 or 2 in the cup. That kind of reliability across three seasons, playing with different players each time, is pretty hard to come by. He's also a huge part of our defence at set pieces. I hope he stays at least one more season and gets to 50 goals for City. We've not had a 50 goal striker for years, too many one season wonders. If he does leave then as said above I'd expect him to head to a top team in a smaller European League.

He absolutely deserves a new contract.

If he wants to leave, I'd still offer him a new contract, but offer him a clause to automatically accept a transfer over a certain amount (let's say £10m). That way, he can put himself in the shop window by helping to finish the season in style.

Archived