IGNORED

Fammy Contract

NcnsBcfc

49 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

He absolutely deserves a new contract.

If he wants to leave, I'd still offer him a new contract, but offer him a clause to automatically accept a transfer over a certain amount (let's say £300k). That way, he can put himself in the shop window by helping to finish the season in style.

We wouldn’t be the first club to go down this route..!

???

3 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I like Diedhou, never understood a lot of the stick he gets at times, one bloke who was next to me at Fulham was saying how rubbish he was at half time which personally I think was one of his best games in a City shirt!

I've always thought he was better away from home, just had a look and he's scored 15 at home, 18 away. Not much difference but still believe our style away suits him a bit better. 

33 goals in 95 games (78 starts). 1 in 3 at this level is nothing to be sniffed at. 

Weren't Warnock & Cardiff interested in him at one point? 

Last year in the Derby home game there was a long ball played to Fam who was being dragged back by 2 defenders and he still managed to lay the ball off.

It was a decent lay off but the person on our left wing wasn't anticipating it and was a yard off the pace of getting to the ball.

Who got the abuse from the person in the row behind me? Diedhiou of course, for being fouled and still managing to play a pass.

4 hours ago, Kykoliko said:

Look, I don't want to come across as hating the guy. He's great and I support him as a player of this football club. But let's not suggest that a 15 yard pass along the floor constitutes technical ability.

I can recall plenty more passes he royally ballsed up against Wigan. That hilariously needless attempted outside foot pass to the left flank in the first half was my favourite.

Yes, I wanted to mention that pass too.  I do accept from watching bits back and reading Otib that he had a better game than I initially gave him credit for, but there’s a huge part of me that ignores the disallowed goal, the whistle had gone, the pressure was off, etc.  That has driven up some people’s view of his performance.  I will however give him kudos for the fine volley tipped over, the pass to Pato (having initially got caught in possession and a lucky deflected pass to Eliasson who then gave him it back) that got us the opener, and a good lay-off to Weimann in the build up to his finely taken volleyed goal.

I do look at all round game when I do my ratings, and accept I sometimes underplay the most important things like sticking the ball in the net (and assists), which ultimately are hugely important.  On Saturday I thought there were quite a lot of poor moments to his game, but if he got a goal one week, and assist the next, I do have to accept that is what he’s on the pitch for.  But I do think some have been a bit over-glowing in their praise, when as part of the team, for 70 minutes, we were poor.

Bar the three key moments, it’s not a great dash....too much red (bad pass) and orange (lost duel), but....

7631BE42-874C-4AE1-8FEB-21A624C53C6B.thumb.jpeg.b4ba2f71b16630cdcdbd7031dbd31a5a.jpeg

.....his main job is to score, and he did that.  9 goals in 17 starts (plus 7 subs) in all comps is pretty decent indeed, and reflect much improved displays (and ultimately output) from earlier this season.

I hope he continues this level.  

4 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I like Diedhou, never understood a lot of the stick he gets at times, one bloke who was next to me at Fulham was saying how rubbish he was at half time which personally I think was one of his best games in a City shirt!

I've always thought he was better away from home, just had a look and he's scored 15 at home, 18 away. Not much difference but still believe our style away suits him a bit better. 

33 goals in 95 games (78 starts). 1 in 3 at this level is nothing to be sniffed at. 

Weren't Warnock & Cardiff interested in him at one point? 

For me, Fulham was his best performance of the season, which followed up a fine goalless performance v Huddersfield.

3 hours ago, tin said:

Do we have the option to automatically renew his contract for another year, like almost everyone else? If so, I’d imagine it’ll be taken. 

That seems pretty standard these days and possibly explains why there’s no hurry to sign him up or sell him on. 

Was a straight 4 year deal.  Don’t think we have anyone with a 4+1 deal, there were some 3+1’s and going back a few years 2+1 was a big commitment.

8 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Well underrated. Not perfect of course hence playing in the second tier but Ive never understood the criticism.

Everyone entitled to a view.  Support every player when he crosses that white line.  Had Afobe remained fit Fams game time would have been limited.  Afobe kept Fam out of the team ?

I believe the club can and will get a better version.  There have been too many poor games from fam compared to his better ones. Perhaps we have never played to his strengths but thats another debate. back to goal, holding up the ball ? 

Archived