IGNORED

Aaron Wilbraham

Bristol Rob

"Wilbraham won promotion to the Premier League with Norwich and Crystal Palace before joining Bristol City, initially on a one-year deal, at 34. “Steve Cotterill said to me it was because the owners had been burnt in the past by older players just coming in picking up the money, sitting around injured. He said: ‘I can only give you a year to start with but, if you back yourself to play enough games, then I’ll put something in the contract where, if you play so many games, you’ll get another year. I had to fight for that but, in doing so, I ended up scoring 21 goals and winning the league. I loved it there and I’m still in a group chat with the lads. 

Step forward Stern John

39 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

I loved it there and I’m still in a group chat with the lads. 

Don't forget he and his daughter were with us in the away end at Stoke, New Year's Day last year. The Rochdale game had been called off.

Alby could have gone anywhere or could have stayed at home. Instead, he drove the 30 odd miles from his home to support the Purple and Limes and was more than happy to chat with supporters.

Now that he has his B certificate in coaching, perhaps when he does eventually hang up his boots (having surpassed Sir Stanley Matthews' retirement age) he will return to us? 

6 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

"Wilbraham won promotion to the Premier League with Norwich and Crystal Palace before joining Bristol City, initially on a one-year deal, at 34. “Steve Cotterill said to me it was because the owners had been burnt in the past by older players just coming in picking up the money, sitting around injured. He said: ‘I can only give you a year to start with but, if you back yourself to play enough games, then I’ll put something in the contract where, if you play so many games, you’ll get another year. I had to fight for that but, in doing so, I ended up scoring 21 goals and winning the league. I loved it there and I’m still in a group chat with the lads. 

Step forward Stern John

Strange example to choose - Stern John was only ever loaned to us. He also played half the season.

I think he was probably referring to Coppells useless hangers on.

Archived