IGNORED

Expect a signing tomorrow

Major Isewater

Just being a little cynical but if we get beaten by the Shrews tonight will we see a signing unveiled tomorrow to keep the heat off LJ ? 

I’m not insinuating that we will magically produce one out of the hat but maybe we have a player already signed and want to see how tonight goes before announcing him. 

It would make a lot of sense to keep our minds focused on the main prize which isn’t a likely loss to Liverpool’s U9’s in the next round .

Good news hiding bad . 

Anyhow all conjecture because tonight we will put the galant underdogs in their place and bring glory back to BS3 .

3 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

never been to shrewsbury but guessing the pitch will be very heavy going. hopefully our fitness levels will see the team through  shrewsbury will be more used to their pitch when its sodden than we will.

Their old pitch in the middle of town would have been 3 ft under water by now, if I remember the new one is sort built on a bit of high ground, certainly had to walk up hill to get there from the pub car park, hopefully the drainage is good, it's a new ground so should be ok.

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Just being a little cynical but if we get beaten by the Shrews tonight will we see a signing unveiled tomorrow to keep the heat off LJ ? 

I’m not insinuating that we will magically produce one out of the hat but maybe we have a player already signed and want to see how tonight goes before announcing him. 

It would make a lot of sense to keep our minds focused on the main prize which isn’t a likely loss to Liverpool’s U9’s in the next round .

Good news hiding bad . 

Anyhow all conjecture because tonight we will put the galant underdogs in their place and bring glory back to BS3 .

You naughty little cynic you.

To be fair, I would soon get over a 6-0 hiding from a team in a lower league, and miss the opportunity to see us play the best club team in the world if only tomorrow's official site would unveil a new player signed as "one for the future". 

That would surely make me slightly do myself with excitement.

Come on my team.

3 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

To be fair, I would soon get over a 6-0 hiding from a team in a lower league, and miss the opportunity to see us play the best club team in the world if only tomorrow's official site would unveil a new player signed as "one for the future". 

That would surely make me slightly do myself with excitement.

Come on my team.

One for the future.... that would show EVERYONE.... EVERYONE.

Tomorrow makes sense. No distractions in the build up to tonight and win or lose it will be good news. I could see the club doing this but think there would be more concrete rumours by now if that were the case. There is generally a strong link on here in the 24 hours before it is made official. Think maybe only Baker happened out of the blue(few hours before IIRC). A signing either way would be welcome. Think a fresh face would be good for the club

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Good news hiding bad . 

Is this like one of those free beer tomorrow signs you see outside pubs abroad.

Archived