IGNORED

Goalkeeper ??

Roadrunner

1 minute ago, Roadrunner said:

With the prize at stake in tonight's FA Cup.If we win  a visit from the World club Champions and all  the goodies that brings. Does he play Daniel or Niki. I would play Dan as i would expect him to play v Liverpool, if we win tonight. COYR.

Nikki , if fit , is the man.

He has done nothing wrong except for his injury and is as good as DB .

He should be with us to lift the FA Cup .

5 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Niki gets all cup competitions in my opinion, I actually think he's slightly more competent in goal anyway. 

Took two mates to the first leg and they couldn't believe what I was saying before the match about Maenpaa being a good keeper. 

Looked shaky first leg, perhaps because he hasn't played for a while, but for me Bentley has to start. 

1 minute ago, Chappers said:

Am I the only cynic who is not that excited by playing the Scousers third team?

They have League games 3 days before and after so no hope of any first teamers, as evidenced by the game against Everton.

At the end of the day, if we get past Shrewsbury and then somehow beat Liverpool, it will go down in the record books, no matter which group of players they select........and that’ll do for me.

2 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Took two mates to the first leg and they couldn't believe what I was saying before the match about Maenpaa being a good keeper. 

Looked shaky first leg, perhaps because he hasn't played for a while, but for me Bentley has to start. 

I like that you are suggesting that its a two legged tie and not that Shrewsbury have taken us to replay.?

9 minutes ago, Prinny said:

It's time to go on JoJo's bizarre adventure.

We can either trust him as a back up goalkeeper or we can't.

If not cup games.. then when?

You really want him playing for the first time for us in a critical league game?

4 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Probably cup tied isn't he?

Yep he is

• Admin
46 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Am I the only cynic who is not that excited by playing the Scousers third team?

They have League games 3 days before and after so no hope of any first teamers, as evidenced by the game against Everton.

Are you sure about that?

image.png

I do wonder where their priorities would lie.

Being 16 points clear at the top they could play any side they wanted in the league games and go stronger in the FA Cup, but wonder if the chance of going the whole season unbeaten etc would be a stronger pull to Klopp

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Are you sure about that?

image.png

Being 16 points clear at the top they could play any side they wanted in the league games and go stronger in the FA Cup, but wonder if the chance of going the whole season unbeaten etc would be a stronger pull to Klopp

That’s my way of thinking too. For me, the title is done and dusted, so maybe the FA Cup now takes on a little bit more importance. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Highguy said:

Bentley started sat with woolacott on the bench so maenpaa was left out the squad 

I can see LJ starting his strongest team that he trusts 

This was covered by LJ after the Wigan win.

Semenyo was taken ill so Wollacott came into the squad as the home grown player

1 hour ago, phantom said:

It will be interesting going forward whether JJ is used or James Morton

Sorry thats what i ment

I get he wasnt playing at fgr but to recall and only play in u23s seems moving backwards

Morton i can see maybe being used as a replacement for brownhill if he goes burnley 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

It will be interesting going forward whether JJ is used or James Morton

Be surprised if it's Morton..he'd never get on so bit pointless.

Wollcaott wouldn't come on either but nor do any other goalies 99% of the time.

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Are you sure about that?

image.png

Most of those names mean little to me. Priority for the Scousers will be League, then Champions League.

Should add that I don’t have much interest in Premiership football and don’t really know that much about who plays where. Know Milner and Lallana of that bunch, and the boy Brewster has gone on loan to Swansea. Other than that, who?

8 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

With the prize at stake in tonight's FA Cup.If we win  a visit from the World club Champions and all  the goodies that brings. Does he play Daniel or Niki. I would play Dan as i would expect him to play v Liverpool, if we win tonight. COYR.

Well a geezer on Twitter reckons Bentley is being sold to West Ham in this window - just waiting for Frozen Robin to post it as ‘fact’ on here soon ...

Archived