IGNORED

Four years ago today

CyderInACan

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

Shame he wasn't given Johnsons purse.

To be fair we had a side that won league one at a canter, quite often momentum is enough to see teams get back to back promotions.

He was also able to sign Kodjia, Callum Robinson and Ryan Fredricks. Also in that squad was Fielding, Flint, Pack, Smith, Freeman, Ayling and Bryan. 

We should have been better than 22nd

LJ’s purse has effectively been earnt by selling a lot of talent. Eg Kodjia, Reid, Flint, Bryan, Kelly and Webster.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

We sacked Cotts four years ago today - we 

Were 22nd in the Championship

Had a GD of -23; the 2nd worst in the league

Had won 4 games out of 26

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-championship/14-january-2016/

God forbid Johnson goes on a bad run...

13 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

To be fair we had a side that won league one at a canter, quite often momentum is enough to see teams get back to back promotions.

He was also able to sign Kodjia, Callum Robinson and Ryan Fredricks. Also in that squad was Fielding, Flint, Pack, Smith, Freeman, Ayling and Bryan. 

We should have been better than 22nd

LJ’s purse has effectively been earnt by selling a lot of talent. Eg Kodjia, Reid, Flint, Bryan, Kelly and Webster.

Talent which was pretty much exclusive to Cotts’ squad. 

19 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

God forbid Johnson goes on a bad run...

Talent which was pretty much exclusive to Cotts’ squad. 

That’s my point, he had what he needed at his disposal but couldn’t use it.

He also had a player called Bobby Reid.

im just trying to make a balanced point. I loved Cotts and I’m 50/50 on LJ at the moment but think he should get the rest of the season

11 minutes ago, shelts said:

We have improved each season on our league position  . Shame what’s on the pitch hasn’t 

Something is going to have to really click in to place to notch 70+points this season. Nketiah might be our last hope!

7 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

Shame he wasn't given Johnsons purse.

Exactly.

SC made it clear what he needed. There was some sort of bust up over approaching Gayle and Gray and it all went south! 

Who was at fault, who knows, but we approached Zak Clough (Zac **** I N G Clough) to save our season and he told us to do one as had Gray and Gayle eventually.

I was in the bar at Reading after conceding a 90th minute winner and Mrs D walked past and I looked at the tv and said we are in the bottom 3. She said 'we know where we are'...That's when I knew SC was on days to do!...The bringing in of LJ was a shock to most a couple of weeks later and the money began to flow!

5 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

That side would have dispatched Shrewsbury with consummate ease. 

150%

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly.

SC made it clear what he needed. There was some sort of bust up over approaching Gayle and Gray and it all went south! 

Who was at fault, who knows, but we approached Zak Clough (Zac **** I N G Clough) to save our season and he told us to do one as had Gray and Gayle eventually.

I was in the bar at Reading after conceding a 90th minute winner and Mrs D walked past and I looked at the tv and said we are in the bottom 3. She said 'we know where we are'...That's when I knew SC was on days to do!...The bringing in of LJ was a shock to most a couple of weeks later and the money began to flow...

...and it hasn’t stopped since. 

15 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

Whoever turned that into pushing for playoff places for three consecutive seasons must be a mighty popular guy!

Whoever blew the chance of promotion for three consecutive seasons must be a pretty questionable guy!?

Look, we haven’t the biggest budget or wages. We have a great owner but he just can’t drop millions into the transfer kitty with FFP, although he has invested lots of money in other areas, ie wiping debt. He wants us to be sustainable in the future. We have a great stadium. Proposing a new basketball center with hotels. We are again tinkering with the playoffs. Yes - we haven’t got it right this season but we are 1 point off the play offs. We have to sell to buy - that’s a fact.

There is so much negativity. 
Looking on here we want to replace LJ with Warnock - effing crazy!

What I read, it’s like we have a divine right to go up. Look around the league and even to league 1.

Please get a grip.

Archived