IGNORED

Shrewsbury Town v Bristol City FA Cup R3 Replay

Septic Peg

First and foremost, for the context of this thread, the L word that is made up of two words (one being an organ of the body and the other a large volume of water used for water sports) will not be mentioned tonight for fear of jinxing.

Any member using this word will be thrown to @Rudolf Hucker for his own personal pleasure. 

You've been warned. ?

Shrewsbury Town is a shithole 'oop norf. 

They say Salop a lot. Salop is the old word for Shropshire, where Shrewsbury is located. People from Shropshire refer to themselves as Salopians.

Two familiar faces again tonight. As previously mentioned, Mad Max and his voodoo doll plays on loan and Scott Golbourne from the Cotts days will both be relishing a "big day out" in R4. Hopefully, Max left his doll in Bristol.

@RedM's favourite special guy Mr Moyes used to play for both tonight's clubs so expect his name to be mentioned by the commentators.

Of course, the BBC has selected big boys Spurs v Boro as their televised game because unknown Bristol City and L1 Shrewsbury Town are beneath them. Screw you BBC. 

Plenty of Bristol lads and lasses making the trip up the M5, either by CATS coach or their own transportation. With bad weather forecast across the country, it will be windier and wetter than a brass with flatulence. Take precautions.

I'm loathe to make a prediction - mainly because if I back us to win, we lose - and vice versa.

So I'm offering up a prayer to the football gods. Please. Don't let us lose and please, no penalty shootout. In the name of Gary Lineker, I sacrifice these Walkers Cheese and Onion. 

Amen.

COYRs!

Watching City v Wigan was like watching a replay of City v Shrews .

Plenty of neat little touches but lacking much penetration.

They won’t score twice tonight and we will .

The game plan should be pretty similar as well. 

Keep it tight first twenty or so minutes, let them blow themselves out then hit them hard in the second half . 

We should have the quality to get through if we have the DESIRE. 

1 minute ago, Erithacus said:

What has Leglake got to do with anything? ;)

Emerson , Leglake and Palmer .

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The pitch will be muddy, it will be raining and it will be windy with a moderate breeze from the south west. This must be an omen of some sort. 

It means playing long ball. We won’t be able to pass the ball around on the ground - it will stick, so hoofball it will have to be (not that we play the passing game much these days anyway)

Same team as Saturday other than Nagy in for Massengo due to a knock Patto in for Watkins and maybe Maenpaa in goal.

Need to win this one in normal time to avoid fatigue on Saturday.  Surely we can't mess up the chance of a home tie to Liverpool, can we?

My list of possibilities for a stream are:

Hesgoal
VIPstand
BeinSports
Scorebat
Bet365

3 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

Shrewsbury a shithole @Septic Peg? Beautiful historic town, unfortunately as with most modern grounds it is well out on the suburbs.

just going to have some dinner before setting off.

C’mon City, more like Preston than West Brom please!

Absolutely. I am up here with work a lot and it is a lovely place.

21 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

It means playing long ball. We won’t be able to pass the ball around on the ground - it will stick, so hoofball it will have to be (not that we play the passing game much these days anyway)

Considering the way they played at AG, wouldn't this weather actually suit us more?

3 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Scotty Golbourne was around for years before Cotts wasn't he? 

Yes, came through our academy but shone the year we won the trophies.

Shrewsbury a shithole @Septic Peg? Beautiful historic town, unfortunately as with most modern grounds it is well out on the suburbs.

Longstanding joke old pal. Everywhere other than Bristol is a shithole. ?

Stayed up in a fantastic old pub a few years ago after a City win, followed up with a walk on the Shropshire Hills on the Sunday.

Very pleasant and unspoilt part of the country.

17 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Same team as Saturday other than Nagy in for Massengo due to a knock and maybe Maenpaa in goal.

Need to win this one in normal time to avoid fatigue on Saturday.  Surely we can't mess up the chance of a home tie to Liverpool, can we?

My list of possibilities for a stream are:

Hesgoal
VIPstand
BeinSports
Scorebat
Bet365

Maybe add Buff Streams to that

https://buffstreams.tv/watch-bristol-city-stream-1

46 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Watching City v Wigan was like watching a replay of City v Shrews .

Plenty of neat little touches but lacking much penetration.

Story of my love life! :shocking:

31 minutes ago, pillred said:

We wont underestimate Shrewsbury again, can see us winning quite easily, can see it being 4-1. (to us)

You presume we underestimated them on Saturday?

38 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The pitch will be muddy, it will be raining and it will be windy with a moderate breeze from the south west. This must be an omen of some sort. 

Scotty will be breaking out the gloves for half the team!

27 minutes ago, weepywall said:

If you are confident and a betting person, that scoreline is 55/1, stick a tenner on and next seasons ST is paid for ?

I don't bet but a friend of mine has gone up to the game tonight and Saturday I said stick fiver on 4-1 it will pay for your whole day out, if it comes off I hope he did.

Archived