IGNORED

Shrewsbury Town v Bristol City FA Cup R3 Replay

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

You presume we underestimated them on Saturday?

Scotty will be breaking out the gloves for half the team!

Yes I really think we did, it's a mistake a lot of higher league teams make when playing a lower ranked side hence the number of upsets in cup games.

16 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Comfortable win for City tonight. Shrewsbury missed their chance big time at our place and that will be playing on their minds. They are at home now as well so pressure on them.

You would think, considering the prize on offer, considering we have a number of Liverpool fans in our squad that these players should have the game of their lives and if they do that then we should win comfortably. 

59 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Yes, came through our academy but shone the year we won the trophies.

Longstanding joke old pal. Everywhere other than Bristol is a shithole. ?

He didn’t rejoin us under cotts did he?

I’m certain he was one of LJs first signings 

20 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

You would think, considering the prize on offer, considering we have a number of Liverpool fans in our squad that these players should have the game of their lives and if they do that then we should win comfortably. 

And on our forum apparently! 

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

He didn’t rejoin us under cotts did he?

I’m certain he was one of LJs first signings 

Actually we're both wrong. Lolz. Just checked and Pembo signed him! (So I'm guessing he was targeted by Cotts before he got the boot).

Could have sworn he was in our promotion squad. Going mad in my old age.

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

Actually we're both wrong. Lolz. Just checked and Pembo signed him! (So I'm guessing he was targeted by Cotts before he got the boot).

Could have sworn he was in our promotion squad. Going mad in my old age.

We were close enough then! 

Regardless, it’ll be good to see him tonight, was a decent player when he was here 

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Pretty much a full strength team. Rowe and Paterson probably the only two that might not start in your average league game. Johnson's been told to get through to the next round.

Even if it was a league game, I think Paterson probably would’ve started given his impact on Saturday. Otherwise I agree, difficult to imagine this would have been the team if Gillingham were the prize.

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Cold and wet on a Tuesday night where grit and determination will be needed and Patterson is in. Not the sort of bloke you would rely on these conditions. But normal service resumed for Johnson and Patterson.

How can you say normal service resumed, as if Johnson didn't ship him 100 miles up north for half the season. Paterson scored and assisted in his first game back too ??

1 minute ago, Redrascal2 said:

Cold and wet on a Tuesday night where grit and determination will be needed and Patterson is in. Not the sort of bloke you would rely on these conditions. But normal service resumed for Johnson and Patterson.

Didn’t do Pato any harm on a wet and windy January afternoon in Wigan on Saturday? 

Think he’ll be fine tonight.

4 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Watch him get the winner now

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Pretty much a full strength team. Rowe and Paterson probably the only two that might not start in your average league game. Johnson's been told to get through to the next round.

Who told him? We need to know who so we can thank them if we win. Because obviously LJ wouldn't want a home tie against the best team in the world otherwise.

Archived