IGNORED

Shrewsbury Town v Bristol City FA Cup R3 Replay

Septic Peg

All the whining going on it seems that a lot of people here are more interested in seeing Liverpool than they are supporting City. If only we all put as much effort into supporting as we do moaning. Get a grip, a cup run is at the bottom of our priorities. 

2 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Could this actually be it for Lee? 

Steve likes money, Steve wants our rep to go up. Just flushed those two down the shitter right there. 

I don't think it will be but it is certainly the case that the club's strategy is essentially a financial one. As long as we are reasonably placed in the league what happens on the pitch is not too important as long as the money is rolling in. If it starts to dry up then who knows?

I'm normally quite reserved, I have defended LJ plenty in the past. But to lose with such a huge prize at stake is absolutely ******* shocking. If we cant win that game then what game over two games then that doesn't bode well. This hurts, really ******* hurts. A once in a generation game gone. Baker and LJ you can both **** off. I've not been this angry for a very long time. No way back from this Lee.

Well if you think of sell out v Liverpool revenue, I think the suits will tell you that was important and that did matter. 

I think it is a nail, but not the final one. In my opinion he has to make the play offs. If he doesn’t he will go. 7th won’t cut it. But he’ll get 46 games to get there, and I don’t see any circumstance in which he doesn’t - even if/when it’s mathematically impossible... he will mutually go in the summer if we don’t make the playoffs imo. 

This could be a very damaging defeat for Johnson in all fairness. Ignoring a lot of the vitriol on here a generally very accommodating fan base will be very pissed off losing a must win game at a bang average League 1 outfit who conceded 4 at home to the Fewers not that long back.....

Unless there is an upturn in league form I really do think he’s got a job on his hands to see out the season now. He would have lost a few supporters tonight.

9 minutes ago, Lucan said:

And I couldn’t give a toss.

The FA Cup has had almost no meaning for at least a decade now. This result means about as much as a pre season friendly.  The manager knows it, the players know it.  This result shouldn’t have the slightest bearing on how we judge LJ and the team.

Im sure some old folks on here will try and tell me the FA Cup is a proud competition etc. But really, it’s a relic.

I want LJ gone as much as anyone. But this doesn’t provide the slightest bit of ammo

It might not have meaning, but as 29 says, it has revenue. Liverpool at home means money plus profile.

1 minute ago, richie87 said:

All the whining going on it seems that a lot of people here are more interested in seeing Liverpool than they are supporting City. If only we all put as much effort into supporting as we do moaning. Get a grip, a cup run is at the bottom of our priorities. 

That's hardly the point........over 1200 of our loyal fans have made more effort to travel to watch us, than the teams effort on the pitch.  This team do not deserve the fanbase.. We are a sad embarassment of a side under LJ.

6 minutes ago, richie87 said:

Bore off you egg 

Well done Shrewsbury, tactics bang on form them. And it's a beautiful cup tie for them. 

Liverpool game would have been amazing. but , I'm already sick of people asking if I can get them a ticket (either Liverpool or armchair fans) f#ck Liverpool, getting into the playoffs means more. 

Believe it or not, positivity helps. The Atmos at home when we go a goal down is instantly LJ out. I mean this site crashed with all them lot logging on to av a go. 

Can we support. I mean, regardless. This is a long project for sl and LJ will not go this season unless we're in drop zone. Is that not obvious? So support, might as well try and help!

Always believe? Please.

10 minutes ago, richie87 said:

We'll live, we'll done Shrewsbury. Not overly gutted, COYR! 

You’re not overly gutted. Fair enough. If you forget about the embarrassing fact we couldn’t beat a midtable third division team over two legs. Let’s look at the bigger picture. 
We were terrible for over a hour on Saturday and scored against the run of play .

We've been on yet another terrible run, with poor tactical decisions , baffling substitution and a squad of players that look lost.

No identity at the club. I keep banging on about it , but constantly chopping and changing the team and formation. 
Nearly 4 years in charge and we’re going backwards

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not like we had a HUGE incentive to get through was it?! He can’t motivate our very talented squad to beat a league one team over 180 minutes - and the Shrews hadn’t won for five games ... SL won’t ignore this, hopefully ...

I fear he will.

It's as much an indictment of him and his stewardship of the club over the past couple of decades that we can be done over by Shrewsbury Town. I mean seriously, who needs a grand stadium if you can recruit a decent manger and player who'll play for him?

3 minutes ago, richie87 said:

Are you seriously challenging mine and others commitment as supporters? Really?

I've been a City for for 20 odd years. In that time there have only been two promotions and 2 relegations. The only big cup games we have had is the games against the Manchester teams.

Yes I was desperate to play Liverpool and do you know why? Because playing the European and World Champions plus the Champions elect is some reward for all the shite I have witnessed over the years. All the thousands of pounds I have spent. Is it really that bad that as a football fan to look forward to special days like that???

I hate to say it but we only have 2 win from our last 9 games and those were against the 2 statistically worse teams in our division and includes 2 games against poor League 1 opposition. I can't believe anyone is genuinely surprised about tonight's result. We have regressed to the point where most fans can't be confident of a victory over a League 1 club. Mr Johnson has had the backing, the time, the money and most importantly the players that he has wanted to sign over a good few years now but are we really any better off on the pitch? The commercial and stadium side of things are light year improved with plan's for more on that front in the future. I give genuine thanks for what the manager has achieved for the club but just like we do when players are no longer up to task, I think it's time to move the manager on and at least try to get someone in who can match the off pitch stuff. Especially when you consider the resources spend and potential spending to come. At some point it can't just be all about the players getting it wrong IMO!

6 minutes ago, Lucan said:

And I couldn’t give a toss.

The FA Cup has had almost no meaning for at least a decade now. This result means about as much as a pre season friendly.  The manager knows it, the players know it.  This result shouldn’t have the slightest bearing on how we judge LJ and the team.

Im sure some old folks on here will try and tell me the FA Cup is a proud competition etc. But really, it’s a relic.

I want LJ gone as much as anyone. But this doesn’t provide the slightest bit of ammo

Rubbish. A game against Liverpool in front of a national audience would have been an occasion to look forward to. The Carabao Cup isn’t exactly the Champions League either, but it brought us a lot of joy a couple of seasons ago.

I’m 36 and I’ve never seen us play top flight football and only on very rare occasions have I seen the really big clubs at Ashton Gate.

You might try to pretend it didn’t matter, but we’ve just blown a game against the reigning European Champions by losing to a side in the division below. Personally I think that’s absolutely crap, and another reason in a growing list why it should be time up for Johnson. So yes I will judge him for it thank you very much.

Archived