IGNORED

Shrewsbury Town v Bristol City FA Cup R3 Replay

Septic Peg

6 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I'm normally quite reserved, I have defended LJ plenty in the past. But to lose with such a huge prize at stake is absolutely ******* shocking. If we cant win that game then what game over two games then that doesn't bode well. This hurts, really ******* hurts. A once in a generation game gone. Baker and LJ you can both **** off. I've not been this angry for a very long time. No way back from this Lee.

Welcome to the club!...late in the day but I share your sentiment. There's no point pretending that this was just another game, or a distraction from the league. The European Champions at home in the cup is a prospect that comes around very rarely...

8 minutes ago, Coppello said:

One positive is that I don't have to see all of the bloody Bristolian Liverpool 'fans' trying to get tickets for the game and then sitting in the home end.  

@Benjiman_LFC why did you react with a dick emoji - genuine question? And why is 90% of your posting history relating to threads about Liverpool on a Bristol City forum? 

12 minutes ago, Lucan said:

And I couldn’t give a toss.

The FA Cup has had almost no meaning for at least a decade now. This result means about as much as a pre season friendly.  The manager knows it, the players know it.  This result shouldn’t have the slightest bearing on how we judge LJ and the team.

Im sure some old folks on here will try and tell me the FA Cup is a proud competition etc. But really, it’s a relic.

I want LJ gone as much as anyone. But this doesn’t provide the slightest bit of ammo

You’re also kidding yourself if you think failing to beat lower league opposition with a strong team with a big prize at stake doesn’t provide ammo. Of course it does.

Total pisser of a result from our perspective but congrats to the Shrews who basically deserved it over the 2 games. We also mustn't lose sight of the fact the money the lower League clubs earn from the Cup matches against the likes of Liverpool gives em a bit of financial stability too.

Fingers crossed for a positive Eddie announcement tomorrow and this result will all but be forgotten for a while. COYR.

6 minutes ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Well done Shrewsbury, tactics bang on form them. And it's a beautiful cup tie for them. 

Liverpool game would have been amazing. but , I'm already sick of people asking if I can get them a ticket (either Liverpool or armchair fans) f#ck Liverpool, getting into the playoffs means more. 

Believe it or not, positivity helps. The Atmos at home when we go a goal down is instantly LJ out. I mean this site crashed with all them lot logging on to av a go. 

Can we support. I mean, regardless. This is a long project for sl and LJ will not go this season unless we're in drop zone. Is that not obvious? So support, might as well try and help!

Always believe? Please.

Long project? I thought it was 3 windows?

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Are you seriously challenging mine and others commitment as supporters? Really?

I've been a City for for 20 odd years. In that time there have only been two promotions and 2 relegations. The only big cup games we have had is the games against the Manchester teams.

Yes I was desperate to play Liverpool and do you know why? Because playing the European and World Champions plus the Champions elect is some reward for all the shite I have witnessed over the years. All the thousands of pounds I have spent. Is it really that bad that as a football fan to look forward to special days like that???

If you're that bothered, get yourself a Liverpool ticket.

7 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

On the ''bright'' side...we probably avoided a record trashing against Liverpool's youngsters/reserves.

yep. When we had Man U then Man City the other year, we had a team that I had some faith in.

I really couldn't see this team perform in the same way.

16 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

I made £280 from that game. Knew the minute Liverpool was drawn we’d bottle it. Bit nervous it being 0-0 up until the end though 

Well done.......i predicted 1-0 before kick off......should have had a bet.  But stupidly my ridiculous loyalty to our rabble prevented me laying my money down!  ?

7 minutes ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Well done Shrewsbury, tactics bang on form them. And it's a beautiful cup tie for them. 

Liverpool game would have been amazing. but , I'm already sick of people asking if I can get them a ticket (either Liverpool or armchair fans) f#ck Liverpool, getting into the playoffs means more. 

Believe it or not, positivity helps. The Atmos at home when we go a goal down is instantly LJ out. I mean this site crashed with all them lot logging on to av a go. 

Can we support. I mean, regardless. This is a long project for sl and LJ will not go this season unless we're in drop zone. Is that not obvious? So support, might as well try and help!

Always believe? Please.

I might agree if I could see what hell the project plan is. I can see what the financial plan is but I have absolutely no idea what the football plan is. I don't see any sign that LJ has one any more. Not a good thing in a Head Coach.

3 minutes ago, richie87 said:

Fyi I absolutely detest Liverpool. Most of my friends are Liverpool fans. The shit I've got from them this evening is quite hard to take. 

The fact is with such a huge prize on offer, oir players couldn't get themselves up for that. LJ got it wrong. No coming back from this.

1 minute ago, richie87 said:

Mate let people vent if they want!! I love City but a chance to see my team compete against better teams is the long term goal isn't it?? Personally I am disappointed that my son won't get to see Liverpool as I did all them years ago. Were all City fans and have a right to be pissed that we threw away 2 chances against a lower division club on the back of a terrible run in the league.  

2 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

I know for a fact 6 family members will not be at the gate saturday all season ticket holders i cannot and will not stomach it no more and no its not a knee jerk reaction lee johnsons football has bored the crap out of me all season enough is enough 

I'll be there but I am looking forward more to a Jolly Hog Hot dog 

3 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

I know for a fact 6 family members will not be at the gate saturday all season ticket holders i cannot and will not stomach it no more and no its not a knee jerk reaction lee johnsons football has bored the crap out of me all season enough is enough 

I was gonna go; £500 diversion on a flight; shall save my money now. Thanks Lee.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

I might agree if I could see what hell the project plan is. I can see what the financial plan is but I have absolutely no idea what the football plan is. I don't see any sign that LJ has one any more. Not a good thing in a Head Coach.

So middle ground, in reality, he won't be sacked? 

So is it to sensible to give he what support we can at least until end of season. 

Perhaps I will agree if we finish bottom half at the end of the season that change might be needed if we wish to progress. Had his opportunity and all that. 

13 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Are you seriously challenging mine and others commitment as supporters? Really?

I've been a City for for 20 odd years. In that time there have only been two promotions and 2 relegations. The only big cup games we have had is the games against the Manchester teams.

Yes I was desperate to play Liverpool and do you know why? Because playing the European and World Champions plus the Champions elect is some reward for all the shite I have witnessed over the years. All the thousands of pounds I have spent. Is it really that bad that as a football fan to look forward to special days like that???

hang on a minute - on Saturday weren't you the one questioning the commitment of other fans? - of those wanting Johnson out? - weren't you asking whether they were genuine fans? 

Fair play if you've seen what many of us have been seeing for ages but you'll take stick for it.

Archived