IGNORED

Shrewsbury Town v Bristol City FA Cup R3 Replay

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Fyi I absolutely detest Liverpool. Most of my friends are Liverpool fans. The shit I've got from them this evening is quite hard to take. 

The fact is with such a huge prize on offer, oir players couldn't get themselves up for that. LJ got it wrong. No coming back from this.

If you didn't brace yourself for this loss then you haven't been watching City long enough. 

Big prize, agreed, is it the end of the world, not really, it would have only been the Liverpool kids anyway and we'd have probably been stuffed by them anyway. 

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

Lee says..

5 or 6 good chances. Got to be more clinical. Disappointed for the team and the fans. Very focused for the play offs. 

This game was a priority, make no mistake. Got to rally the troops. 

No idea on signings, left it to Mark Ashton.

Dour interview.

Signings left in Mark Ashtons shoes apparently. 

2 minutes ago, boatman said:

Listening to the interview he doesn’t sound at all bothered.

Odd seeing as a sell out cup tie v liverpool, ticket revenue and concessions revenue alone probably paid his wages for another season - or EN agent for his loan. The suits will be bothered. This will be a big black mark not beating Shrewsbury over 3 hours of football. 

7 minutes ago, collier said:

Mate let people vent if they want!! I love City but a chance to see my team compete against better teams is the long term goal isn't it?? Personally I am disappointed that my son won't get to see Liverpool as I did all them years ago. Were all City fans and have a right to be pissed that we threw away 2 chances against a lower division club on the back of a terrible run in the league.  

Agreed, I'd love to have taken my kids too. But some of the comments on here are embarrassing, it was the fourth round against  Liverpools 3rd team. There's being pissed off and there's throwing a tantrum which plenty on here are doing. 

20 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Are you seriously challenging mine and others commitment as supporters? Really?

I've been a City for for 20 odd years. In that time there have only been two promotions and 2 relegations. The only big cup games we have had is the games against the Manchester teams.

Although to be fair you’ve recently been questioning the commitment of long-standing supporters on here (including myself) and I can double your 20 years and add some more ...

1 minute ago, Clevedon Red said:

Signings left in Mark Ashtons shoes apparently. 

Yes and I thought that was telling; like he is passing the buck on lack of activity and saying previous searches for signings are down to Ashton. Quite a bizarre remark considering and one might almost think he feels like he is being left out and its a dig at MA. Certainly hope not. Losing does that to your mind as well and that in itself must rub off on the players which can turn into a spiral. He will need to get out of it fast if he is gonna keep his job.

To me the team selection showed Lee's true colours. Against a team lower half of the league below us he picked a  side to match them up.

He picked what he thought was a side that could battle away to a 1_0 win.

He doesn't have the courage of his conviction to pick a side to go for the throat.

Saturday no excuses, not so much a must win game more a team that really has a go.

If we start against  Barnsley on the back foot it's time for us to rise as fans and show our true feelings.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Although to be fair you’ve recently been questioning the commitment of long-standing supporters on here (including myself) and I can double your 20 years and add some more ...

Tbf, the genuine fans comment was aimed at those who were wanting us to lose to further advance their agenda of LJ. Totally different things.

Congratulations, you're older than me, I'm sure I'll be able to say the same as you one day. I wasnt trying to say I was a super fan because I've followed them for 20 years which you've appeared to taken it as. I was making the point that in those 20 years we have been pretty shite so it would have been nice to have a big day at Ashton Gate.

Well I’m bitterly disappointed- but not enough (yet) to call for a change if manager. Just to be clear; I’d be more disappointed if we lost against Barnsley.

Defeat against a lower league side is always hard to take - especially with a juicy tie against the best team in the world waiting - but really, for ME, the league is far more important. 

Win against Barnsley and we could be another step on our way to playing Liverpool TWICE next season - not including cup ties. 

8 minutes ago, richie87 said:

Agreed, I'd love to have taken my kids too. But some of the comments on here are embarrassing, it was the fourth round against  Liverpools 3rd team. There's being pissed off and there's throwing a tantrum which plenty on here are doing. 

How do you know?

1 minute ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Well I’m bitterly disappointed- but not enough (yet) to call for a change if manager. Just to be clear; I’d be more disappointed if we lost against Barnsley.

Defeat against a lower league side is always hard to take - especially with a juicy tie against the best team in the world waiting - but really, for ME, the league is far more important. 

Win against Barnsley and we could be another step on our way to playing Liverpool TWICE next season - not including cup ties. 

Losing a league game is a regular occurrence. Losing a game which means we miss out on a once in a generation home tie is not a regular occurrence. That's why I'm more disappointed that we lose this game than if we lose to Barnsley. 

25 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Rubbish. A game against Liverpool in front of a national audience would have been an occasion to look forward to. The Carabao Cup isn’t exactly the Champions League either, but it brought us a lot of joy a couple of seasons ago.

I’m 36 and I’ve never seen us play top flight football and only on very rare occasions have I seen the really big clubs at Ashton Gate.

You might try to pretend it didn’t matter, but we’ve just blown a game against the reigning European Champions by losing to a side in the division below. Personally I think that’s absolutely crap, and another reason in a growing list why it should be time up for Johnson. So yes I will judge him for it thank you very much.

Well said mate. Let's not pretend like this game wasnt a big deal for some of us 

I hate talking like this but my dad is 70 this year. We've had a season ticket together 25 years and the one team he has always admired, but never watched....is the bin dippers 

Sharing Man U and Man City at home with him was incredible 

The chance of playing and watching  Liverpool under the Ashton Gate lights would have been immense. 

It's been 26 years since the last time we played them. Every chance it will be 26 years before we get the opportunity again

**** Lee Johnson and the gutless mentality he has instilled at this club . He's going nowhere though sadly 

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Is that Johnson trying to throw Ashton under the bus with regards to signings

that can’t of gone down well if it was 

If it was he is feeling the heat, given the revenue MA has brought into the club and the signings of cost LJ has refused to play, he’s fighting against a man he will always lose to. Oh well, Appleton next year 

3 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

You made me just spit my tea out.

Archived