IGNORED

Shrewsbury Town v Bristol City FA Cup R3 Replay

Septic Peg

31 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Well I’m bitterly disappointed- but not enough (yet) to call for a change if manager. Just to be clear; I’d be more disappointed if we lost against Barnsley.

Defeat against a lower league side is always hard to take - especially with a juicy tie against the best team in the world waiting - but really, for ME, the league is far more important. 

Win against Barnsley and we could be another step on our way to playing Liverpool TWICE next season - not including cup ties. 

Deluded.

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

That much we do know; the point of my remark though, pertinently, was that he brushed off the question regarding transfer activity by referring to Ashton. Now, you can say he was miffed with the result and irked by the interview but he is paid to stand there and answer questions. It was disingenuous to brush the interviewer off like that however miffed he might have been with the defeat although, alarmingly, he did not seem to express his disappointment to the degree we fans felt. We want him to feel the pain; he doesn't seem to. He could have answered what he knows because he knows a darn sight more than what he said, which is basically 'nothing'. 

Thanks for clarifying, I see your point entirely. The behaviour of a man under pressure and losing control certainly. One who knows he will be held accountable though he is not in control of all the levers too perhaps, with which I can have some sympathy at least.

8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

You are comparing two different things. I very clearly was questioning their commitment based on their motives as there is some that wanted us to lose. End of conversation. Goodbye.

But no one stated that in the thread and you couldn’t back it up ether 

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

People who shut conversations off with smug phrasing always know they are wrong and want to run and hide from the reality ...

No I'm right. And I'm right because I replied to a comment questioning mine and others commitment as fans because apparently we were more interested in seeing Liverpool play.

At the weekend I questioned who are genuine fans when they want City to lose in order for LJ to be sacked.

Two enitely different things, that I've proven above. Goodbye, your blocked.

29 minutes ago, 29AR said:

If it was he is feeling the heat, given the revenue MA has brought into the club and the signings of cost LJ has refused to play, he’s fighting against a man he will always lose to. Oh well, Appleton next year 

I'll take anyone next year. Or preferably now. It really is that bad 

1 hour ago, richie87 said:

All the whining going on it seems that a lot of people here are more interested in seeing Liverpool than they are supporting City. If only we all put as much effort into supporting as we do moaning. Get a grip, a cup run is at the bottom of our priorities. 

Bollocks

5 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Oh...I have no confidence we'll appoint a manager with the experience we need! I'm saying what I think needs to happen. We're in the hands of 'trust me on Tinnion' Steve...

They will want somebody who can work in the pre existing structure and I suspect the caliber Of manager who we crave for, would want to come and build his own structure and back room team. So it will be Jamie Mcallister then.

20 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

People calling for LJ's departure should remember that SL has a shocking record of appointing managers. GJ being the only success, and he didn't come with much of an impressive CV.

In the extremely unlikely event of LJ's departure, expect another unimpressive appointment. 

SC was not SL's choice and he couldn't wait to get rid of him to bring in the wonder kid. 

Despite all the fantastic ground improvements adding value to his assets, SL has failed to build on Cott's success and the club's momentum and is ultimately responsible through, in my view, the ridiculous appointment of LJ, and for where we are as a team and our lack of progress.

I'll take another unimpressive appointment. Because whoever it may be can not possibly be as negative and damaging as the current appointment.

I'd welcome Appleton tomorrow quite frankly. Or anybody.

Just now, Monkeh said:

Danny Wilson managing both Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday in the prem 

Yeh we've had experience and managers with little experience. Not sure it makes a big amount of difference actually. Seen so many times inexperienced managers get teams up and experienced ones do badly.

It's about the right fit and moment. And in fairness LJ has taken us from relegation certs to play-off contenders in his time. But unless he can sort things out quick then I think a change is coming this summer.

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

No I'm right. And I'm right because I replied to a comment questioning mine and others commitment as fans because apparently we were more interested in seeing Liverpool play.

At the weekend I questioned who are genuine fans when they want City to lose in order for LJ to be sacked.

Two enitely different things, that I've proven above. Goodbye, your blocked.

Pathetic, can’t debate or accept differing opinions so ‘block’ - your first three words in your post above sum you up - and it’s ‘you’re’ blocked - pathetic ...

Sorry but I listened to LJ trying to shift the blame again tonight, the idiot should be a frying pan, he seems to think nothing sticks! All the rumours were given some belief tonight, he tried to shift the blame on to the head of recruitment! No other out routes available! We do have some really good players, problem is he is such an idiot that he does not see that every one if those players know he is out of his depth! 
you cannot seriously base your team selection and tactics on some computer model, players are human beings and we have to credit them with some intelligence!  LJ has been found out, once again we have a squad full of talent, but totally devoid of belief in the manager leading them! 
we have to demand better, we are entitled to better, SL needs to have the Blinkers removed, fans need to wake SL up!

9 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Sorry but I listened to LJ trying to shift the blame again tonight, the idiot should be a frying pan, he seems to think nothing sticks! All the rumours were given some belief tonight, he tried to shift the blame on to the head of recruitment! No other out routes available! We do have some really good players, problem is he is such an idiot that he does not see that every one if those players know he is out of his depth! 
you cannot seriously base your team selection and tactics on some computer model, players are human beings and we have to credit them with some intelligence!  LJ has been found out, once again we have a squad full of talent, but totally devoid of belief in the manager leading them! 
we have to demand better, we are entitled to better, SL needs to have the Blinkers removed, fans need to wake SL up!

It really is as simple as this.

I was not at Shrewsbury, so  followed the game on the text commentary.

It was littered with "Shrewsbury commit a foul" or "City awarded a free kick".

Was the referee being over zealous or was it Shrewsbury's plan to play it rough and knock us off our stride? If so it worked and now our Championship rivals will know it too.

14 hours ago, Lucan said:

And I couldn’t give a toss.

The FA Cup has had almost no meaning for at least a decade now. This result means about as much as a pre season friendly.  The manager knows it, the players know it.  This result shouldn’t have the slightest bearing on how we judge LJ and the team.

Im sure some old folks on here will try and tell me the FA Cup is a proud competition etc. But really, it’s a relic.

I want LJ gone as much as anyone. But this doesn’t provide the slightest bit of ammo

Not even with a probable loss of a quarter of a million pounds for the club!

14 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Well I’m bitterly disappointed- but not enough (yet) to call for a change if manager. Just to be clear; I’d be more disappointed if we lost against Barnsley.

Defeat against a lower league side is always hard to take - especially with a juicy tie against the best team in the world waiting - but really, for ME, the league is far more important. 

Win against Barnsley and we could be another step on our way to playing Liverpool TWICE next season - not including cup ties. 

If I were you I wouldn't hold my breath, no way is LJ going to take City into the play offs,  or the Prem  I'm 74 and apart from the old Alan Dicks days in the old First Div, which were great, I will never see them in the Prem and I am willing to bet all my assets and life savings on that!

I'm not too fussed about the cup but I wanted the win just to have two consecutive wins and the confidence that brings to get on a winning run in the league - which is obviously much more important.

I suppose the upside is no more distractions from the league games, but losing to a L1 side won't do much good for confidence. It happens every season to a lot of teams but its still a bummer when it happens to us.

I didn't see the game but it seems like we played a bit better than of late but couldn't convert a couple or three very good chances. Hopefully they can build on the better play and put some chances away on Saturday, they'll need to as Barnsley are in a decent run of form with 3 wins, 3 draws, and one defeat lately.

24 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I'm not too fussed about the cup but I wanted the win just to have two consecutive wins and the confidence that brings to get on a winning run in the league - which is obviously much more important.

I suppose the upside is no more distractions from the league games, but losing to a L1 side won't do much good for confidence. It happens every season to a lot of teams but its still a bummer when it happens to us.

I didn't see the game but it seems like we played a bit better than of late but couldn't convert a couple or three very good chances. Hopefully they can build on the better play and put some chances away on Saturday, they'll need to as Barnsley are in a decent run of form with 3 wins, 3 draws, and one defeat lately.

Yeah it felt like a perfect opportunity to win three on the spin, which, with the glamour cup tie, could have rejuvenated our brittle team.

Now it feels like the Ashton Gate pressure is back on. 

22 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

image.thumb.png.42d8b8a49dbc08862e57f15f686d910c.pngSay no more!

Eh??!! That was a sincere post, dunno why you took it like that ... I do appreciate reasonable responses especially when disagreeing with someone - it’s good to debate stuff and realise others have differing views, sorry you didn’t realise that and weren’t able to take it in the way it was intended ...

Archived