Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

Shrewsbury Town v Bristol City FA Cup R3 Replay

9 minutes ago, TBW said:

Looking forward to seein the part-time Bristol CIty/Liverpool fans who care more about that one game than the club as a whole.

Before the draw people wanted a reserve side and to concentrate on the league... I realise we didn’t do that either but whatever fits the agenda I guess

2 minutes ago, FoD Barmy Army Bream said:

Saturday is now massive for mr Johnson.

Is it though? If we lose, he’ll dig some player or two out and come up with something about  box entries or some other buzz word. 
I used to want LJ to do well, as he sounded like he genuinely loved the club. Everything I hear out of his mouth these days is designed to deflect blame and save his own skin. 

• Like 1

For every Man U there is a Shrewsbury. No lack of effort tonight just a lack of quality, in front of goal as much as anything. One moment of quality won it really.

Disappointing, because Liverpool, but just have to suck it up.

• Like 2

Johnson really has got us in to a dire situation and clearly can’t get it sorted couldn’t get a win a against a average league one team over to games, a huge disappointment for the club and more importantly the fans a home tie in the FA cup against the current European champions doesn’t come round very often and We blew it , really can’t see how he can defend himself. nowhere to hide Lee your time is up and overdue! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

This is Bristol City under Lee Johnson 

Why are people still so shocked?

He was weak and powder puff as a player. He is as a manager .

Truely pathetic  

I will be immensely surprised if we have the guts to go and win on Saturday now. 

• Like 1

And I couldn’t give a toss.

The FA Cup has had almost no meaning for at least a decade now. This result means about as much as a pre season friendly.  The manager knows it, the players know it.  This result shouldn’t have the slightest bearing on how we judge LJ and the team.

Im sure some old folks on here will try and tell me the FA Cup is a proud competition etc. But really, it’s a relic.

I want LJ gone as much as anyone. But this doesn’t provide the slightest bit of ammo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

FFS do the maths yourself 27,000 average £35 a ticket plus bar takings Tv money, I could go on but Seriously?

Ere.. you pillock. "Seriously" was for another poster. Duhhhh. wash your mouth out. Seriously. 

• Like 1

as I said in earlier post Im not surprised we have lost and I'm not we are a far worse team than we were 2 seasons ago with utterly no improvements in our team, our play, our manager or our management, this is not just based on tonight but the season overall.. have no doubt LJ has a passion for our club but has taken us as far as his limited ability as a coach and manager....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dingbat said:

Is it though? If we lose, he’ll dig some player or two out and come up with something about  box entries or some other buzz word. 
I used to want LJ to do well, as he sounded like he genuinely loved the club. Everything I hear out of his mouth these days is designed to deflect blame and save his own skin. 

I don't think so can't keep riding his luck. Can he.

3 minutes ago, FoD Barmy Army Bream said:

Saturday is now massive for mr Johnson.

No..this game was massive and he had failed miserably. He has had too many next game chances. Its time for him to go now.

9 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Utterly pathetic. Pathetic. Can't beat Shrewsbury over two legs. Would have been poor at almost any point in our club's history. 

Spent millions. Supposedly aiming for promotion! Defend that Johnson/Ashton/Lansdown.

Nothing more to say.

Not like we had a HUGE incentive to get through was it?! He can’t motivate our very talented squad to beat a league one team over 180 minutes - and the Shrews hadn’t won for five games ... SL won’t ignore this, hopefully ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, City_USA said:

Interesting interview coming up.

Will LJ be as pissed off as us fans?

He better be.

There’ll be some bull excuse no doubt. Maybe someone chucked under the bus. The usual. 

All the whining going on it seems that a lot of people here are more interested in seeing Liverpool than they are supporting City. If only we all put as much effort into supporting as we do moaning. Get a grip, a cup run is at the bottom of our priorities. 

• Aubergine 2

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Ere.. you pillock. "Seriously" was for another poster. Duhhhh. wash your mouth out. Seriously. 

Yes just had another look sorry.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Could this actually be it for Lee? 

Steve likes money, Steve wants our rep to go up. Just flushed those two down the shitter right there. 

I don't think it will be but it is certainly the case that the club's strategy is essentially a financial one. As long as we are reasonably placed in the league what happens on the pitch is not too important as long as the money is rolling in. If it starts to dry up then who knows?

• Like 1

One positive is that I don't have to see all of the bloody Bristolian Liverpool 'fans' trying to get tickets for the game and then sitting in the home end.  

• Like 1
  • Aubergine 1

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly! So what can we extrapolate from that!? Anything? 

Nice word...

We can extrapolate that we aren’t good enough.

• Haha 3

I am baffled, some have said that this is one of best squad of players in 10 years? 

Manager to blame or simply over-rated players? (that LJ signed!)...

Regardless, losing tonight is unacceptable.

I'm normally quite reserved, I have defended LJ plenty in the past. But to lose with such a huge prize at stake is absolutely ******* shocking. If we cant win that game then what game over two games then that doesn't bode well. This hurts, really ******* hurts. A once in a generation game gone. Baker and LJ you can both **** off. I've not been this angry for a very long time. No way back from this Lee.

• Like 4

Well if you think of sell out v Liverpool revenue, I think the suits will tell you that was important and that did matter. 

I think it is a nail, but not the final one. In my opinion he has to make the play offs. If he doesn’t he will go. 7th won’t cut it. But he’ll get 46 games to get there, and I don’t see any circumstance in which he doesn’t - even if/when it’s mathematically impossible... he will mutually go in the summer if we don’t make the playoffs imo. 

Edited by 29AR
  • Like 3

This could be a very damaging defeat for Johnson in all fairness. Ignoring a lot of the vitriol on here a generally very accommodating fan base will be very pissed off losing a must win game at a bang average League 1 outfit who conceded 4 at home to the Fewers not that long back.....

Unless there is an upturn in league form I really do think he’s got a job on his hands to see out the season now. He would have lost a few supporters tonight.

• Like 1

On the ''bright'' side...we probably avoided a record trashing against Liverpool's youngsters/reserves.

A matter of bad VS worse. 😐

Edited by Dan Robin

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Makes no difference - he will be here this time next year-  you can bet your mortgage on that.

I suspect there might be some empty seats if he is, the style and quality of football has to change.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Don said:

Nice word...

We can extrapolate that we aren’t good enough.

I would agree!

Can we extrapolate from that where the responsibility lay?

3 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Without of a doubt the biggest game we will have this season Saturday.

No extra time tonite no excuses Saturday. MUST WIN GAME.

Ffs stop giving him more chances!!

9 minutes ago, Lucan said:

And I couldn’t give a toss.

The FA Cup has had almost no meaning for at least a decade now. This result means about as much as a pre season friendly.  The manager knows it, the players know it.  This result shouldn’t have the slightest bearing on how we judge LJ and the team.

Im sure some old folks on here will try and tell me the FA Cup is a proud competition etc. But really, it’s a relic.

I want LJ gone as much as anyone. But this doesn’t provide the slightest bit of ammo

It might not have meaning, but as 29 says, it has revenue. Liverpool at home means money plus profile.

Edited by Moments of Pleasure

1 minute ago, richie87 said:

All the whining going on it seems that a lot of people here are more interested in seeing Liverpool than they are supporting City. If only we all put as much effort into supporting as we do moaning. Get a grip, a cup run is at the bottom of our priorities. 

That's hardly the point........over 1200 of our loyal fans have made more effort to travel to watch us, than the teams effort on the pitch.  This team do not deserve the fanbase.. We are a sad embarassment of a side under LJ.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, richie87 said:

Bore off you egg 

Well done Shrewsbury, tactics bang on form them. And it's a beautiful cup tie for them. 

Liverpool game would have been amazing. but , I'm already sick of people asking if I can get them a ticket (either Liverpool or armchair fans) f#ck Liverpool, getting into the playoffs means more. 

Believe it or not, positivity helps. The Atmos at home when we go a goal down is instantly LJ out. I mean this site crashed with all them lot logging on to av a go. 

Can we support. I mean, regardless. This is a long project for sl and LJ will not go this season unless we're in drop zone. Is that not obvious? So support, might as well try and help!

Always believe? Please.

Once again the cowards final throw of the dice was to bring on the one young player who did not have a chance of altering the outcome, sacrificial lamb! Why? because he was overruled when the decision was made to bring him back! The guy is Toxic and has no place in our team!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, richie87 said:

We'll live, we'll done Shrewsbury. Not overly gutted, COYR! 

You’re not overly gutted. Fair enough. If you forget about the embarrassing fact we couldn’t beat a midtable third division team over two legs. Let’s look at the bigger picture. 
We were terrible for over a hour on Saturday and scored against the run of play .

We've been on yet another terrible run, with poor tactical decisions , baffling substitution and a squad of players that look lost.

No identity at the club. I keep banging on about it , but constantly chopping and changing the team and formation. 
Nearly 4 years in charge and we’re going backwards

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not like we had a HUGE incentive to get through was it?! He can’t motivate our very talented squad to beat a league one team over 180 minutes - and the Shrews hadn’t won for five games ... SL won’t ignore this, hopefully ...

I fear he will.

It's as much an indictment of him and his stewardship of the club over the past couple of decades that we can be done over by Shrewsbury Town. I mean seriously, who needs a grand stadium if you can recruit a decent manger and player who'll play for him?

• Like 2