IGNORED

There’s no forgiving this!!!

BCFC1512

2 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Does he though, does he really? or is he taking a longer term view of the performance of his asset and will judge in due course what is right for said asset.

he ain’t stupid, and that’s why Johnson is still in a job.

He doesn't get a free pass on stupidity because he's rich. Not from me and certainly not when it comes to his football decisions. 

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

1 point off the play offs.

Screenshot_20200114-215216_Samsung Internet.jpg

Whilst our league position can’t be denied , Fulham, Weds, Millwall, Swansea, Forest and Brentford have all changed their management teams in the last 12-14 months and they are all above us . Yes some have changed for reasons other than sackings but all have refreshed their approach , their coaching and tactics . We’ve stagnated unfortunately. 

Some embarrassing characters after a defeat. I would somewhat understand you we're basing this on the overall football we've been playing recently but the self entitled arrogance that we should definitely be beat a team like Shrewsbury is laughable. 

It's the cup anything can happen we should know this better than anyone. 

I didn't go but I listened on the radio and Shrewsbury sounded like they played a good game and we didn't take our chances. 

Doesn't mean LJ should be sacked for this but the pressure is building 

It isn't good enough.

If we bring in 2 or 3 this window and we are no better then I'm not sure what can be said to support him.

I'd keep him and see how he does. But I see the same mistakes in his teams sheets and tactics.

Either he doesn't know that what he does is not right. Or he does, but does it anyway.

I didn't watch today but it sounded fairly 50/50 overall.

5 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Win on sat and im happy , massive over reaction based on liverpool kids in the next round .... play offs is our aim not fa cup run .... get a grip 

We lose.......what then? Because believe me, the pressure will be at absolute boiling point

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

He doesn't get a free pass on stupidity because he's rich. Not from me and certainly not when it comes to his football decisions. 

Not saying it’s because he’s rich, just that he’s sensible and sees the culture in other football clubs and previously at his for excessive manager turnover and would like to avoid that.

I think if we finish lower than last season will really get him thinking as he is all about progression, albeit happy if it’s slow and sustainable

1 minute ago, Fjmcity said:

I’m not sure, I Get the feeling he is going to have a long look at it at the end of the season to be honest, finishing lower than last year I think would be a real sticking point for steve

Maybe. Finishing 7th is not an option and would be hair splitting!....SL expects top 6 no matter what. But if you are SL right now, you are utterly devastated! 

1 minute ago, Fjmcity said:

Not saying it’s because he’s rich, just that he’s sensible and sees the culture in other football clubs and previously at his for excessive manager turnover and would like to avoid that.

I think if we finish lower than last season will really get him thinking as he is all about progression, albeit happy if it’s slow and sustainable

Sacking LJ would mean we'd given a manager 4 years. That's not knee jerk or akin to the culture you perhaps allude to. He wouldn't be accused of it either. 

3 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

Issue I have with everyone saying 1 point off play offs is that no ones thinking about our track record. Last few years we’ve been 2nd and then 5/6th and still managed to not make the play offs 

False position yeh maybe, I just think we always fall off the pace and never recruit strongly whilst all the other sides make a push for it. 

When it really matters at the business end of the season we fall away. Johnson had not built a team with the resilience and toughness both physical and mental to win games of this nature. Tonight was a classic. A game against the best team in world/ Europe/ Premiership at home  and we again come up short. He clearly cannot see what is staring him in the face that he has weaknesses that he is unable to sort out. And tragically for us his boss is similarly unable to see them. The sad thing is deep down most of us knew we would lose.

2 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Sacking LJ would mean we'd given a manager 4 years. That's not knee jerk or akin to the culture you perhaps allude to. He wouldn't be accused of it either. 

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Absolutely no recognition of the wider context here at all.

Is Johnson getting the best from this squad? Is he motivating them to win the biggest matches? Does he know his best team? How he wants us to play? Are we making tangible progress any more?

Ask yourself those questions before dismissing it as one game.

Is he getting the best from his squad ?  Who knows , perhaps wait for a new manager that’s comes in , that doesn’t work , then another which doesn’t work ,,,, o whoops Why did I wish for more when I should have been happy with a season on season progression 

is he motivating them to win big matches??

yes sometimes,  look at our results this season 

does he know his best team

he changes for what the situation requires another words depending on the opposition’

i remember watching us under SOD and most fans complaining he never changed his team and never had a plan B but now LJ has it wrong when he rotates 

are we making progress anymore 

yes year on year and imo only a fit Afobe or a quick striker away from playing how he wants us to play 

24 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

WHO brought him here and played him tonight? so yes its LJ`s fault,,,,,,,,,,,Shrewsbury and just about our best team and no bigger reason not to win, yet still its not LJ`s fault NO MORE EXCUSES.

As someone posted earlier who’s scored a good majority of his chances so an off day rather than a regular occurrence

2 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Some embarrassing characters after a defeat. I would somewhat understand you we're basing this on the overall football we've been playing recently but the self entitled arrogance that we should definitely be beat a team like Shrewsbury is laughable. 

It's the cup anything can happen we should know this better than anyone. 

I didn't go but I listened on the radio and Shrewsbury sounded like they played a good game and we didn't take our chances. 

Doesn't mean LJ should be sacked for this but the pressure is building 

This is just the latest poor performance. It’s not about the cup,’ shock’ , we are going nowhere, anyone who understands the game can see that.

There comes a time when players are tired of the same voice, the same training  and the same efforts at motivating - it’s over, sadly it won’t come to the summer, but, it is over.

3 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

The most stable this football club has been in the history of me supporting it. 

BECAUSE OF HIM. 

If we slide, I will take stock then. But I'm looking at us 1 point off playoffs.

It isn’t because of him it’s because of lansdown

this isn’t a blip this is history repeating itself

it happened last season

it happened the season

it happened the season before that

it happened at barnsley

it happened at Oldham

enough is enough the man just isn’t a very good manager,

i

14 minutes ago, Cunnyfunt said:

Its the plastic scousers I feel sorry for. Bang goes their big day out in one puff of smoke.

Absolutely..........I'm pissed off about the result ,I hate losing, not about the hoops we'd have to jump through to get a ticket to see their ressies ! But as you say, bad day for Bristol plastics eferywhere . :shifty:

4 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

The most stable this football club has been in the history of me supporting it. 

BECAUSE OF HIM. 

If we slide, I will take stock then. But I'm looking at us 1 point off playoffs.

But it’s not because of him really is it? It’s because he’s spunked so much money. 

4 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Is he getting the best from his squad ?  Who knows , perhaps wait for a new manager that’s comes in , that doesn’t work , then another which doesn’t work ,,,, o whoops Why did I wish for more when I should have been happy with a season on season progression 

is he motivating them to win big matches??

yes sometimes,  look at our results this season 

does he know his best team

he changes for what the situation requires another words depending on the opposition’

i remember watching us under SOD and most fans complaining he never changed his team and never had a plan B but now LJ has it wrong when he rotates 

are we making progress anymore 

yes year on year and imo only a fit Afobe or a quick striker away from playing how he wants us to play 

A very generous appraisal indeed.

By the way, I didn’t have ask “have we made progress?”, I asked “are we making progress any more?”. A subtly but crucially different question.

7 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

When it really matters at the business end of the season we fall away. Johnson had not built a team with the resilience and toughness both physical and mental to win games of this nature. Tonight was a classic. A game against the best team in world/ Europe/ Premiership at home  and we again come up short. He clearly cannot see what is staring him in the face that he has weaknesses that he is unable to sort out. And tragically for us his boss is similarly unable to see them. The sad thing is deep down most of us knew we would lose.

Think I was saying just this to a bunch of mates earlier as well, how many transfer windows has he had to get this squad right etc. So yeh completely agree!

10 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Whilst our league position can’t be denied , Fulham, Weds, Millwall, Swansea, Forest and Brentford have all changed their management teams in the last 12-14 months and they are all above us . Yes some have changed for reasons other than sackings but all have refreshed their approach , their coaching and tactics . We’ve stagnated unfortunately. 

So have Cardiff reading qpr MIDDLESBORO, Derby , brum, Huddersfield , Stoke Barnsley and Luton and they are all below us ,,,, do your point is 

Archived