IGNORED

There’s no forgiving this!!!

BCFC1512

7 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

No. But until we are out of contention, then why would we risk our position. Do you think changing the manager 100% pushes you into the playoffs?

No, it doesn’t, possibily the opposite . BUT, we cannot continue with this nonsense, LJ has taken us as far as he can and we need to move on.

Recent results have been dreadful, it’s time to bring someone else in to assess the squad and make the required changes in the summer.

We need to get out of this league ASAP, and LJ is not the coach to do that.

I still think the biggest problem is the recruitment policy which sees us constantly signing players the club hope we can profit from in 3 or 4 years, evidently these players are too developed for youth football, but equally they aren't Championship ready.

Yes, players come in to their prime around teenage of 27 or 28, and we have starters in the age bracket, but they tick the 'adequate' box, if they were Prem standard, we would have already sold them and then suits would have sparked up another cigar to reflect on a deal well done.

So yeah, LJ has signed about 50 players but how many of them did he really want? Could understand it more if he was hands on with their development, but they are being developed by different clubs, different managers and in different parts of the country.

It's no wonder we aren't a cohesive unit/club and it's no wonder that for every good result we get, there will be losses and wins where the performance will be dire.

4 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Shock - complete over reaction because people won’t be able to buy their half and half scarfs now. 

I'm annoyed with the result as I’m sure everyone is but no need for everyone to be dramatic. Better side tonight, unfortunately highlighted we need that extra bit of quality in the final third which I hope will be on the roof tomorrow. Saturday is a big game, one if we win will see us back in the top 6.

1 point off the playoffs, he isn’t going anywhere and nor should he.

Totally agree, I know it's total bollox but if I had the power I would take a win on Saturday, rather than tonight, every day of the week (no pun intended) !

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

Totally agree, I know it's total bollox but if I had the power I would take a win on Saturday, rather than tonight, every day of the week (no pun intended) !

Thing is, Barnsley’s form has picked up recently. I dont see Saturday going well!

But hey, our Head Coach is first to take the plaudits at home when we win, i dont think ive ever seen him do anything other than hide down the tunnel with home defeat!

Gutless, just like when he was a player. 

24 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Win on sat and im happy , massive over reaction based on liverpool kids in the next round .... play offs is our aim not fa cup run .... get a grip 

And you really think currently we can achieve that?? I take it you have watched us of late?? We can't even to the basics.

We have been struggling up top ever since Afobe's injury. This result just merely underlines the failure of others.

It's the inability of others at the club for not getting the strikers in. Is that really Johnson's fault?

Let's be honest the club (Not Johnson) put all of our eggs in one Nketia basket and then signed Afobe late on into the window. We are still messing around with a player who seems to have his own agenda which will do no good at all.

It was very clear that we needed improving up front if we wanted to kick on.

So when he got injured we were running with Dhiedhou, Taylor, Weimann, basically last season's strike force and a raw Semenyo. Just simply not good enough for this level last season let alone this. If you want to improve and the major shareholder wants improvement so give the Head Coach the fire power.

As much as I rate Dhiedhou he had three chances Saturday and two tonight and converted 1. That's 1 in 5. That's not good enough.

Tonight the forward line was shackled by a League 1 defence (again)

Is that Lee Johnson's fault? Are you all saying Jamie McAllister would do better?!?

He can only work with what he's been given.

Considering how much fans have written off Pato on here I think it shows LJ's coaching ability to get him firing again. But nobody's prepared to give him much credit for that.

I got pulled up for a comment made on another topic on this forum yet reading some of the distasteful and downright personal remarks about our Head Coach on here makes me wonder why bother.

It's the classic case of the so called lesser team staying in the game for as long as possible and then a wonder strike out of the blue by a player we had on trial a few years ago and was deemed not good enough.

It's cup football.

The real issue now is for the club to give us the new forward signings that we should have had at the start of the season now to give us all that shot in the arm and that includes the Head Coach.

22 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

The most stable this football club has been in the history of me supporting it. 

BECAUSE OF HIM. 

If we slide, I will take stock then. But I'm looking at us 1 point off playoffs.

I seem to have to explain this every season...

Being 1 point off the playoffs is only useful if your team is in good form, or at least good form relative to the teams around you. 

Our form is poor. We have 2 wins in last 8 games (all comps, inc Shrews).

So, a win v Barnsley keeps us in the running. But if we keep up our form, your 1 point will become 3... will become 5... 

It happened last season when our form became rotten and there were people closing their eyes to the evidence and saying "only 3 points off 6th..." But we didn't look like winning. So what's good about that?

17 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

We will beat barnsley ... chilax im not going into meltdown because we missed the chance to play liverpools kids ... you on the other hand.

As others have already mentioned it's not just 1 game this slide and inconsistency started at Barnsley away and in area's has followed on more alarmingly the same time it does every year. As you mentioned Barnsley weekend who I'll tell you now will beat us comfortably. Do I take great pleasure in that?? Do I HELL,  but I'm realistic and Barnsley have a game plan and offer far more at present than us. It's all about mentality which comes from LJ and that's where the problem lies. Until he's gone it won't change. 60 players on and we still the frail Bristol City with the same mentality.

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Not at all optimistic, but IF we do I will forget about tonight's showing instantaneously ! 

On paper, we should beat Barnsley. But if I was them I'd be full of confidence about their chances of getting us under pressure at Ashton Gate. 

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Whilst we may be 1 point off the play offs, this is a very damaging defeat for the club as a whole.

To all those who say we are one point off of the playoffs, look again. Add one point to our tally and see if we are in the top six.

No, we need two points to be in the top six. 

I've not posted on here in quite some time, mostly because we've had yet another frustrating season and I haven't had many constructive things to write about.

Tonight I just thought I'd say that in nearly 30 years of supporting city, the result and performance did not suprise me in the least this evening. A classic case of city choking a major opportunity again. 

Extremely disappointing, and frankly worrying that the players cannot be motivated enough by the coaching team to overcome Shrewsbury, but am I suprised this has happened? No, not in the slightest.

Time for change? Yes, I think so. I feel things are quite similar to how I felt just before GJ left (taking the dressing room bust up out of the picture). Things just seem very stale right now with our style of play, and we don't seem to have a feasible plan B or C for when the opposition have us sussed out.

Thanks for all LJ, but time for fresh ideas and a culling of the massive bloated squad.

Just now, JonDolman said:

Apparently Fam had a few sitters today 

Well I'm unapologetically a fan of Diedhiou. But if that is correct, then as others have said, who bought him? Who trains him? 

To pick an example, do you think that Diedhiou would miss those chances under Joe Jordan's guidance? And if so, do you think he would still be selected?

Just now, Superjack said:

Well I'm unapologetically a fan of Diedhiou. But if that is correct, then as others have said, who bought him? Who trains him? 

To pick an example, do you think that Diedhiou would miss those chances under Joe Jordan's guidance? And if so, do you think he would still be selected?

It's strange because in Fam's first season with us, he mainly seemed to take his chances. 

I think he has missed more than he maybe should in the 2 seasons since. But not as bad as people make out.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It's strange because in Fam's first season with us, he mainly seemed to take his chances. 

I think he has missed more than he maybe should in the 2 seasons since. But not as bad as people make out.

I agree.

Let's not forget the long spell of him abandoned on his own up front though.

That would certainly not have happened under Big Joe?

Can you guess my age yet? ?

Archived