IGNORED

There’s no forgiving this!!!

BCFC1512

1 hour ago, Badger08 said:

The most stable this football club has been in the history of me supporting it. 

BECAUSE OF HIM. 

If we slide, I will take stock then. But I'm looking at us 1 point off playoffs.

Clearly you must have been bored to sleep (like most of the rest of the crowd) at most of this years home games. 1 up front, and 2 holding midfielders dropping anchor 40 yards out (obviously on instruction) and the rest providing little to no support means few chances and ZERO excitement to get you out of your seat... AT HOME..!!! This is not new, it has been going on for a season and a half and is getting worse...

We just pass the ball around aimlessly hoping for something to happen with the singular exception of Elliason who DOES actually cross and hey, who knows, if we actually had bodies in the box, we might actually score more goals (at home). Cautious, scared even tactics is a guaranted way to ensure more and more empty red seats as the season  progresses.

We are absolutely LIGHT YEARS off the real footballing sides in this division. Any time we come up against a team that can play real, pacey football, we get stuffed cos they rip through us despite us playing 1-6-3 because they have intelligent footballers and coaches. The football in the last 6 weeks has been absolutely turgid and it's getting worse, doubtless caused by a coach under pressure reinforcing the desire not to lose...

We never go after teams, attack them relentlessly like good sides do, we simply pass it until we run out of ideas which happens when we play a superior team who already know what we are going to do and negate any threat. 

The real crime is that we CAN play good football, the squad is capable of considerably better than it is currently producing but instead, the football is deteriorating, and you want to put up with that to the end of the season...? 

NO THANKS....

1 hour ago, paul_fox said:

Thats surprising. It seems like every game he misses from 6 yards out with no one around him haha 

I've noticed something about Diedhiou and granted it maybe perception more than reality. 

He seems at least as likely to miss an easy easy/a big chance than he is to score a slightly less easy chance..

He played very well at Wigan Saturday for example, didn't he? Could have scored a fantastic one too save for a foul or offside in the build-up by Watkins was it. My views on him are mixed.

20 minutes ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

Clearly you must have been bored to sleep (like most of the rest of the crowd) at most of this years home games. 1 up front, and 2 holding midfielders dropping anchor 40 yards out (obviously on instruction) and the rest providing little to no support means few chances and ZERO excitement to get you out of your seat... AT HOME..!!! This is not new, it has been going on for a season and a half and is getting worse...

We just pass the ball around aimlessly hoping for something to happen with the singular exception of Elliason who DOES actually cross and hey, who knows, if we actually had bodies in the box, we might actually score more goals at home. Cautious, scared even tactics at home is a guaranted way to ensure more and more empty red seats as the season  progresses.

We are absolutely LIGHT YEARS off the real footballing sides in this division. Any time we come up against a team that can play real, pacey football, we get stuffed cos the rip through us despite us playing 1-6-3 because they have intelligent footballers and coaches. The football in the last 6 weeks has been absolutely turgid and it's getting worse, doubtless caused by a coach under pressure reinforcing the desire not to lose...

We never go after teams, attack them relentlessly like good sides do, we simply pass it until we run out of ideas which happens when we play a superior team who already know what we are going to do and negate any threat. 

We CAN play good football, the squad is capable of considerably better than it is currently playing but instead, the football is deteriorating, and you want to put up with that to the end of the season...? 

NO THANKS....

If only we did pass until no ideas, our possession and ball retention stats maybe significantly better...

We can't keep the ball well enough. 

We don't create a huge number of chances but our conversion rate has been strong.  Can't or won't last forever.

We concede one of the highest chances/shots per game in the League. Bentley's save ratio wouldn't last forever, couldn't.

It's a disastrous combination really!!

1 hour ago, Swede said:

We have been struggling up top ever since Afobe's injury. This result just merely underlines the failure of others.

It's the inability of others at the club for not getting the strikers in. Is that really Johnson's fault?

Let's be honest the club (Not Johnson) put all of our eggs in one Nketia basket and then signed Afobe late on into the window. We are still messing around with a player who seems to have his own agenda which will do no good at all.

It was very clear that we needed improving up front if we wanted to kick on.

So when he got injured we were running with Dhiedhou, Taylor, Weimann, basically last season's strike force and a raw Semenyo. Just simply not good enough for this level last season let alone this. If you want to improve and the major shareholder wants improvement so give the Head Coach the fire power.

As much as I rate Dhiedhou he had three chances Saturday and two tonight and converted 1. That's 1 in 5. That's not good enough.

Tonight the forward line was shackled by a League 1 defence (again)

Is that Lee Johnson's fault? Are you all saying Jamie McAllister would do better?!?

He can only work with what he's been given.

Considering how much fans have written off Pato on here I think it shows LJ's coaching ability to get him firing again. But nobody's prepared to give him much credit for that.

I got pulled up for a comment made on another topic on this forum yet reading some of the distasteful and downright personal remarks about our Head Coach on here makes me wonder why bother.

It's the classic case of the so called lesser team staying in the game for as long as possible and then a wonder strike out of the blue by a player we had on trial a few years ago and was deemed not good enough.

It's cup football.

The real issue now is for the club to give us the new forward signings that we should have had at the start of the season now to give us all that shot in the arm and that includes the Head Coach.

He can only work with what he's been given? did I really just read that?

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If only we did pass until no ideas, our possession and ball retention stats maybe significantly better...

Qw can't keep the ball well enough. 

We don't create a huge number of chances but our conversion rate gas been strong.  Can't or won't last forever.

We concede one of the highest chances/shots per game in the League. Bentley's save ratio wouldn't last forever, couldn't.

It's a disastrous combination really!!

This is why many people (myself included) want a change. It's not because we believe we should be running away with the league title but we can see (once again) that our trajectory is downwards.

The football at Ashton Gate has been dire for 30 or more games with just a few exceptions. LJ has had more than twice the number of transfer windows he asked for when he arrived at the club. He has signed 50+ players and yet is now seemingly reliant on Paterson, Brownhill, Baker, Diedhiou and Smith who have been with us for years. Why are we adding so many players to the squad who offer so little?

Unfortunately LJ proved nothing at Barnsley and Oldham. He got this job due to friendship with the owner.

Like his father before him, the football has turned sour. I'm happy that he had a chance, I thank him for some memorable moments but if he was going to lead us into the Premier League, we would have seen it starting to happen before now.

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

Fam is getting all the stick but Weimann is a poor striker. I'd rather have Bill Wyman up front

Weimann looked interested and tried, but as you say he looks a poor striker. He scuffed a lot of passes where a more clinical player would have made the pass and fed it to another player to finish. He knew what to do, he tried to make the pass so was unselfish but just didn't have the skills to make it count.

Diedhiou did miss a few, he certainly has scored a lot more difficult goals than the chances he didn't put away tonight. I thought he was dropping deeper and wider to look for the ball or defend which didn't help.

I wanted us to just get the ball and run at them. I don't think they would have coped with that. They would have had to tackle us to get the ball back and at worse we would have been getting free kicks or throws. Instead we passed it without conviction and tried to walk it in. They were braver, tried a shot from distance and took the prize.

PROGRESS! Remember 2008, Wembley and the buzz!  I know my thoughts as to what went wrong, but I challenge every fan to answer one question honestly! Did you think for one moment that 12 years on we would be expecting Lee Johnson to lead us to the promised land? 
It’s not about anything other than experience and honesty! Both sadly wanting at the moment!

It is hugely concerning that the team couldn’t be motivated to see off a L1 side at the second time of asking with a plum tie against Liverpool up for grabs (yes, I know it would have been a scratch eleven, yadda yadda yadda, but even if Lansdown is satisfied to have a gimp in the hotseat he can walk around on a lead, I refuse to believe he isn’t extremely ticked off tonight at the business implications of such a lost opportunity).

The arguments that it’s just one game, and a tournament we’re never going to be in with a snowball’s chance in Hell of winning are completely disingenuous - in the context of our performances since the clocks went back this is another strike against Johnson.

We’ve seen this pattern repeat itself time and again during his four years at the helm - some good performances and results that have us nicely poised, and then abject displays when it comes to the crunch that have cost us big time.

The dreadful string of results in 16/17 that saw us fighting a relegation battle, the inexplicable collapse after Christmas in 17/18 when we really looked like kicking on, the meek surrender of a likely playoff spot last year, and another wretched run since West Brom. Yes, we’re in the mix but the evidence is compelling that we won’t stay the course once again.

If Poch, Rainieri and Emery can lose their jobs so quickly after tremendous success as their world came crashing down around their ears, then Johnson’s position should be extremely vulnerable at this point.

Mitigating factors you can point to al day long - injuries and so on, but then so could Graham Taylor as England manager.

Final straw for me, this. I fully concede the men whose opinion on this actually matters won’t agree, however - but what would it take for him to get sacked exactly?

Taking Pato off seemed to swing the game in their favour. Every thing seemed to go through him and then when he went off it seemed it was all Shrewsbury. We lost any attacking threat with his departure from play. Palmers name was barely even mentioned when he came on.

Bakers inclusion must also be questioned. Is it really wise to start with a player that has a history of crying off injured when someone as mush as stands on his toe. In a league game ok you can take that risk but do you really take that risk in a one off cup game?

It's a massive f-ing embarrassment. Let's not be kind here. Across two games, it's cringeworthy.

Coming on top of recent poor performances, with players seemingly coached to perform below their ability, I'm starting to have very serious doubts in "the project".

2 hours ago, mozo said:

I seem to have to explain this every season...

Being 1 point off the playoffs is only useful if your team is in good form, or at least good form relative to the teams around you. 

Our form is poor. We have 2 wins in last 8 games (all comps, inc Shrews).

So, a win v Barnsley keeps us in the running. But if we keep up our form, your 1 point will become 3... will become 5... 

It happened last season when our form became rotten and there were people closing their eyes to the evidence and saying "only 3 points off 6th..." But we didn't look like winning. So what's good about that?

Does my head people saying ‘1 point off play offs’ , a couple of defeats and we’re 14th.

have you not watched us play all season! There’s a reason we’re 23rd on xG table, because we get outplayed every game ! LJ out or a 17th place finish beckons.

2 hours ago, Swede said:

We have been struggling up top ever since Afobe's injury. This result just merely underlines the failure of others.

It's the inability of others at the club for not getting the strikers in. Is that really Johnson's fault?

Let's be honest the club (Not Johnson) put all of our eggs in one Nketia basket and then signed Afobe late on into the window. We are still messing around with a player who seems to have his own agenda which will do no good at all.

It was very clear that we needed improving up front if we wanted to kick on.

So when he got injured we were running with Dhiedhou, Taylor, Weimann, basically last season's strike force and a raw Semenyo. Just simply not good enough for this level last season let alone this. If you want to improve and the major shareholder wants improvement so give the Head Coach the fire power.

As much as I rate Dhiedhou he had three chances Saturday and two tonight and converted 1. That's 1 in 5. That's not good enough.

Tonight the forward line was shackled by a League 1 defence (again)

Is that Lee Johnson's fault? Are you all saying Jamie McAllister would do better?!?

He can only work with what he's been given.

Considering how much fans have written off Pato on here I think it shows LJ's coaching ability to get him firing again. But nobody's prepared to give him much credit for that.

I got pulled up for a comment made on another topic on this forum yet reading some of the distasteful and downright personal remarks about our Head Coach on here makes me wonder why bother.

It's the classic case of the so called lesser team staying in the game for as long as possible and then a wonder strike out of the blue by a player we had on trial a few years ago and was deemed not good enough.

It's cup football.

The real issue now is for the club to give us the new forward signings that we should have had at the start of the season now to give us all that shot in the arm and that includes the Head Coach.

Does that have to be every game though? 

We are simply way to cautious and paranoid - no indentity to our play, LJ can spam that line as much as the B button in Mario, but he's the one that needs to ultimately solve it. 

3 hours ago, Leveller said:

Um .. he’s extremely rich precisely BECAUSE he isn’t stupid.

I hope - and think - you’re right, but because he is money and otherwise savvy he will recognise at least the business ramifications of this result.

5 hours ago, glos old boy said:

WHO brought him here and played him tonight? so yes its LJ`s fault,,,,,,,,,,,Shrewsbury and just about our best team and no bigger reason not to win, yet still its not LJ`s fault NO MORE EXCUSES.

This isn’t FIFA20 on the PS4 mate, yes LJ picked Fam to play but doesn’t pick and choose when Fam shoots or where he decides to place it FFS. He just had one of those nights where it just wasn’t happening for him, no doubt you’d of been on here moaning if he didn’t play him given his performance on Sat where I’m guessing you were full of praise for LJ after how well Fam played? I hope you were as he brought him here and played him remember.

6 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Weimann escapes criticism far too easily.

He misses as many if not more sitters than Fam. Wigan home as an obvious example, headed straight to the keeper from about 2 yards and ****** a 1 on 1 to win the game at the end. But people forget them as he runs around a lot, not to any great use, all you have to do is watch what defenders think of his runs as they largely ignore them. He's rarely where he needs to be, it took Martley Watkins a game to start to read Fams flick ons and by Wigan you could see it was almost there, as he was starting to get in the right areas to pick up balls from Fams headers. 

Wieman still hasn't got a bean where he needs to be as he randomly ***** off down the wing when he should be in and around Fam. 

I do not think that Wieman is a bad player, he just is not and never has been a bloody striker, only in his own head is he a striker, he's like a Championship version of Theo Walcott. 

8 hours ago, Allwaysred said:

Day 1 he went through on goal 1 on 1 and hit the post and I commented he's not good enough. A chap behind me laughed and said come on it's his 1st game. Well 3/4years on he's still not good enough.. 

You do realise this doesn’t reflect well on you? Just shows you made a judgement about one of our most scapegoated players after day 1.

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

This isn’t FIFA20 on the PS4 mate, yes LJ picked Fam to play but doesn’t pick and choose when Fam shoots or where he decides to place it FFS. He just had one of those nights where it just wasn’t happening for him, no doubt you’d of been on here moaning if he didn’t play him given his performance on Sat where I’m guessing you were full of praise for LJ after how well Fam played? I hope you were as he brought him here and played him remember.

In the last 9 games we have lost 6 games, drawn 1 and won 2, and those wins were against the bottom 2 teams in this div, however you cut it that is not good and a definate LJ poor streak and how anyone can turn that into a positive is beyond me.

Yes we know we are "only a point" from the play offs but so are half this division, we are not playing anywhere near good football and without those 2 games against the bottom teams we would be miles away. As it goes for lucky Lee we play the 3rd bottom team Sat lets see how that goes shall we.

12 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

In the last 9 games we have lost 6 games, drawn 1 and won 2, and those wins were against the bottom 2 teams in this div, however you cut it that is not good and a definate LJ poor streak and how anyone can turn that into a positive is beyond me.

Yes we know we are "only a point" from the play offs but so are half this division, we are not playing anywhere near good football and without those 2 games against the bottom teams we would be miles away. As it goes for lucky Lee we play the 3rd bottom team Sat lets see how that goes shall we.

By using your logic, I was merely pointing out that if as you say LJ is to blame for FD missing goal scoring opportunities then surely LJ should be congratulated when Fam does score? No? 
As for the highlighted above, isit just us in this disastrous position we so say find ourselves in then or are all those other teams around us in this league all going through the same?

Archived