IGNORED

Steve Lansdown

Alan Dicks

2 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Get this clueless idiot out of my beloved club starting first thing tomorrow morning.

Don’t waste your breathe mate , we’re 8th in the league , crowds are up / he ain’t going anywhere. The only thing for certain is he will be given money to spunk away this month 

As much as I agree that Lee is primarily responsible, I don’t know what other coaches will be able to succeed under Lansdown and the ‘model’. Anyone with promise has to be sold and and players coming in can only be paid 20-25k. I understand why this is but it has ramifications.

12 minutes ago, 054123 said:

As much as I agree that Lee is primarily responsible, I don’t know what other coaches will be able to succeed under Lansdown and the ‘model’. Anyone with promise has to be sold and and players coming in can only be paid 20-25k. I understand why this is but it has ramifications.

You think we sell big, Brentford sell massive!

Championship is a bit of a selling division. We've sold some key parts out of necessity but LJ should still be doing better than he is IMO. We have quite a good squad, some pretty good individuals. 

Unbalanced in places granted.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Championship is a bit of a selling division. We've sold some key parts out of necessity but LJ should still be doing better than he is IMO. We have quite a good squad, some pretty good individuals. 

Just pointing out what the club works too.

We can’t all cheat like Brighton, Bournemouth, Wolves, Cardiff etc.

5 minutes ago, fanjita said:

People,,,,,,,vote with your feet Saturday 

Absolutely, turn up and get involved!!!

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Exactly. Brentford have a perfect model. And a fantastic ‘identity’ our esteemed head coach bangs on about. 
We have no identity! Our players dont seem to know who eachother are!

Perhaps he can actually start looking at performances without dark glasses on and understand we are playing terrible football. Backwards, sideways, hoofball. If thats an identity then we have a serious problem. 
Cheerio Lee. I think you have until the summer. Noplayoffs ad continuation of this dreadful ‘identity’ may eventually see you looking elsewhere for employment. 

12 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Just pointing out what the club works too.

We can’t all cheat like Brighton, Bournemouth, Wolves, Cardiff etc.

Absolutely, turn up and get involved!!!

Did Sheffield United cheat? Huddersfield- Norwich? Unsure about Cardiff or Wolves but they'd be close to the limit. Debate for another day. 

Is the standard of play acceptable though, regardless of promotion? I'd say not IMO!

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Did Sheffield United cheat? Huddersfield- Norwich? Unsure about Cardiff or Wolves but they'd be close to the limit. Debate for another day. 

Is the standard of play acceptable though, regardless of promotion? I'd say not IMO!

Don’t disagree.

I just really don’t see a viable alternative to Lee Johnson.

Does anyone seriously think Chris Hughton would be able to succeed within our parameters??

3 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Don’t disagree.

Does anyone seriously think Chris Hughton would be able to succeed within our parameters??

I think you need a certain type of manager- and these types are rare.

Hughton possibly isn't that one but then again neither is LJ. 

Will be honest and say I don't know the right type- but I think LJ is coming to the end. Feels like he's taken us as far as he can IMO.

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

It will be toxic Saturday unless we put in a performance and get 3 points 

Let's hope we do but that's certainly no given. 

They're playing quite well in their own right or have been since late November. Probably won't cheer people up but from then to now:

1) Beat Hull 3-1

2) Beat QPR 5-3

3) Won 2-1 at Millwall 

4) Drew with- and markedly outplayed in the process WBA. 

5) Drew at Swansea

6) Beat Huddersfield

7) Drew with improving Reading. 

So it sounds like their results AND performance level have been quite good in recent times...has potential to be tricky. Most of these were at Oakwell though.

1 hour ago, daored said:

Don’t waste your breathe mate , we’re 8th in the league , crowds are up / he ain’t going anywhere. The only thing for certain is he will be given money to spunk away this month 

That's because people don't vote with their feet and are happy to keep watching the same old shite

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Estimates that tonight cost us £0.6-1.0m.  That’s £30k per week wages lost opportunity.  It wouldn’t surprise me if it has an impact on recruitment.  Could be one player difference.

Damn, that means we won't be able to afford another attacking midfielder from League Two

30 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Don’t disagree.

With the players available and a two week window....Definitely!

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

With the players available and a two week window....Definitely!

In this, one of the poorest Championships for many a year, just having a bounce from a caretaker manager for a few weeks could make all the difference. Saying that, McAllister is probably just as bad as Johnson

Archived