IGNORED

Steve Lansdown

Alan Dicks

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

In this, one of the poorest Championships for many a year, just having a bounce from a caretaker manager for a few weeks could make all the difference. Saying that, McAllister is probably just as bad as Johnson

Not to mention Holden!?

TBH, I think LJ has until the end of this season.  That may be too late for many, but a lot will rest on what he can do with the players who come in during the next week or two.

Tonight, we had by far the best players on the pitch.  Where we were second best was tactics and motivation.  That can only be the managers responsibility.

53 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Exactly. Brentford have a perfect model. And a fantastic ‘identity’ our esteemed head coach bangs on about. 
We have no identity! Our players dont seem to know who eachother are!

Perhaps he can actually start looking at performances without dark glasses on and understand we are playing terrible football. Backwards, sideways, hoofball. If thats an identity then we have a serious problem. 
Cheerio Lee. I think you have until the summer. Noplayoffs ad continuation of this dreadful ‘identity’ may eventually see you looking elsewhere for employment. 

Agree, but you have to put it back at SL.

its all very well with, “we’re all aligned” 

“ singing from the same hymn sheet” blah blah blah .Everyone is grateful for the money he’s pumped in and he's obviously a brilliant businessman .

However , I do think that SL doesn’t understand football. He’s wasted millions . 
Where was the philosophy that was supposed to be put into place.

Bournemouth, Swansea , Brentford , all clubs of similar size have a way of playing from top to bottom. 
Players playing in the u23’s that understand how the first team  play and if good enough can slot in seamlessly .

buying players that fit that system and a scouting system that targets specific players to fit that philosophy .

What have we got ? Signing wingers when we didn’t play with wingers or number 10’s when we don’t play anyone in the hole. 
Rudderless , and that comes from the top .

He imo needs mark Ashton to do his ******* job which is negotiate contracts , nothing more, no input in transfers or managerial appointments and seek some advice from a very experienced football man on how to run the football side. Because if his dream is to get promoted before he pops his clogs , he’s got no chance as things stand. 

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

“ singing from the same hymn sheet” blah blah blah .Everyone is grateful for the money he’s pumped in and he's obviously a brilliant businessman .

However , I do think that SL doesn’t understand football. He’s wasted millions . 

Bournemouth, Swansea , Brentford , all clubs of similar size have a way of playing from top to bottom. 
Players playing in the u23’s that understand how the first team  play and if good enough can slot in seamlessly .

buying players that fit that system and a scouting system that targets specific players to fit that philosophy .

What have we got ? Signing wingers when we didn’t play with wingers or number 10’s when we don’t play anyone in the hole. 

He imo needs mark Ashton to do his ******* job which is negotiate contracts , nothing more, no input in transfers or managerial appointments and seek some advice from a very experienced football man on how to run the football side. Because if his dream is to get promoted before he pops his clogs , he’s got no chance as things stand. 

Great post... absolutely this ?

True. 
But as per the rugby he has employed a top coach to oversee the playing side. 
I dont believe LJ is a cheap option but he has probably wasted a lot of ‘aimless’ money tinkering rather than perhaps a clearer approach from a potentially more experienced coach at this level. 
im very happy with championship stability dont get me wrong but cant help but feel weve already wasted a couple of ddcent chances the last two seasons to atleast break into the playoffs. 
Perhaps permitting a more ‘named’ coach to oversee the playing side and also have LJ’s budget, may have made a difference by now already. 
SL probably too nice to keep GJ/LJ as long as he did/has due to friendship. 
Either way its his toy to play with, could be worse, could be better!!

59 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

In this, one of the poorest Championships for many a year, just having a bounce from a caretaker manager for a few weeks could make all the difference. Saying that, McAllister is probably just as bad as Johnson

I just wonder if Johnson was out of the picture McAllister might impose a very positive impact if he was allowed free reign. 

3 hours ago, 054123 said:

As much as I agree that Lee is primarily responsible, I don’t know what other coaches will be able to succeed under Lansdown and the ‘model’. Anyone with promise has to be sold and and players coming in can only be paid 20-25k. I understand why this is but it has ramifications.

Thing is, part of this is self inflicted. 

LJ's clubs in the bag approach means that we're increasing wage costs year on year, making any increase in Turnover pretty reduntant. 

Ala Adelakun, Watkins, Szmodics, Palmer, Taylor (who I doubt Oxford are paying the full wages for). 

Lets be kind and say wages are 5kpw, 8kpw, 6kpw, 15kpw, and half Taylors, so 4kpw. Maenpaa is also probably on around £8kpw.

That right there is £2.39m p/a wages before Tax, for players who, for us, have contributed what exactly? 

I count around 23 appearaces between those five players for City this season in so far. 

That's £104,000p/appearance between them. 

Id have honestly rather loaned Conor Gallagher and signed Karlan Grant to and saved a few hundred grand - while avoiding our fairly bloated squad. 

We have an academy for a reason, why loan them out when it could be useful to have the around i.e. Morrell and O'Leary and save money. 

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think you need a certain type of manager- and these types are rare.

Hughton possibly isn't that one but then again neither is LJ. 

Will be honest and say I don't know the right type- but I think LJ is coming to the end. Feels like he's taken us as far as he can IMO.

It's all starting to have a feel of the final days of Sod, Cotts and even GJ himself. 

His interview bothered me today, he snapped at the interviewer at one point, our own reporter and that's never a good sign.

4 hours ago, fanjita said:

People,,,,,,,vote with your feet Saturday 

You carry on and do that, the state of some of our ‘supporters’ is unbelievable, you’d think we’re struggling at the bottom of L2 the way some are going on.
I’ll continue to support BCFC through the good and the bad times, because that what supporters tend to do, yet those like you and there seems to be a fair few of you who think everything has to be great all of the time then after a few losses whinge until the cows come home about how bad things are at City at the moment, then want us to play a better standard of Football and most want us to bring in Warnock FFS! In reality apart from the poor home form and performances we are no doubt in the healthiest position we’ve ever been overall as a club. We’ve been through a hell of a lot worse than this, so those wanting LJ out what were your expectations this season?

Call me a Happy Clapper or whatever but I’m a realist who sees us as roundabout where we should be in this League ie pushing for the play offs, in what is imo one of if not the most competitive league there is, where it seems not 1 club is finding consistency, we are no different. We are up against clubs paying some players anything upto £80k p/w and yet some fully expect us to be challenging those sort of sides? Like it or not and I’m no LJ fanboy but we’ve improved our position for the past 5 years running and in with a good shout of improving again. Personally a change of manager (who’s even out there?) will only set us back even further from where people expect us to be during this season for sure. They’d want their own backroom staff, their own players, players having to adapt to different methods etc. 

28 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

You carry on and do that, the state of some of our ‘supporters’ is unbelievable, you’d think we’re struggling at the bottom of L2 the way some are going on.
I’ll continue to support BCFC through the good and the bad times, because that what supporters tend to do, yet those like you and there seems to be a fair few of you who think everything has to be great all of the time then after a few losses whinge until the cows come home about how bad things are at City at the moment, then want us to play a better standard of Football and most want us to bring in Warnock FFS! In reality apart from the poor home form and performances we are no doubt in the healthiest position we’ve ever been overall as a club. We’ve been through a hell of a lot worse than this, so those wanting LJ out what were your expectations this season?

Call me a Happy Clapper or whatever but I’m a realist who sees us as roundabout where we should be in this League ie pushing for the play offs, in what is imo one of if not the most competitive league there is, where it seems not 1 club is finding consistency, we are no different. We are up against clubs paying some players anything upto £80k p/w and yet some fully expect us to be challenging those sort of sides? Like it or not and I’m no LJ fanboy but we’ve improved our position for the past 5 years running and in with a good shout of improving again. Personally a change of manager (who’s even out there?) will only set us back even further from where people expect us to be during this season for sure. They’d want their own backroom staff, their own players, players having to adapt to different methods etc. 

SL is a realist too. He was not happy tonight, not at all happy. 

5 hours ago, 054123 said:

Don’t disagree.

I just really don’t see a viable alternative to Lee Johnson.

Does anyone seriously think Chris Hughton would be able to succeed within our parameters??

That's a very good point.

I imagine Hughton would want a certain type of player. They'd cost a bit of money, but worse than the wages or any transfer fee, they would not have any value in the market.

We'd then have less money to buy any quality in future windows.

The way we do things can be successful. And actually Johnson has done a fantastic job in bringing in quality that improve and we can sell on for a profit.

However people may disagree with that model, that is what we do. And really there is no other sensible way of doing things.

Having said this, there are some serious questions about LJs tactics, and I don't think any supporter can be entirely happy with everything at the moment.

But I don't see the harm in seeing how he does. Look at the situation again in the summer.

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

SL is a realist too. He was not happy tonight, not at all happy. 

I’d imagine he probably was and has every right to be, a chance to play against what could be one of the best teams ever at AG in front of millions watching on tv. I’ve been saying it for god knows how long now that the only thing that is wrong with LJ is all the chopping and changing every week and the main reason behind (especially at AG) it is worrying about stopping whatever the opposition will be trying to do, for his sake he needs to bin that off right away, f0ck whatever they might do go at teams straight from the off and let them worry about us ffs. 

Don’t get me wrong I have a feeling SL will actually make a change if LJ fails to get us into the P/O’s this season, but those who would take Warnock now until the end of the season give your heads a wobble FFS you think you are fed with our current performances at home under LJ? Yes he does get results with the right players, that’ll usually be those over 6ft 4 and good in the air, he’s proved that he struggles with players who can actually play football so he’d be absolutely useless with our attacking players, I really don’t think some quite understand just how boring and shit his style is, may aswell throw Tiny Penis’s name into the mix aswell as he plays the same style. To suggest him coming here until the end of the season is quite frankly ridiculous, if you even for a split second think he’d come in and do a job or make us any better with what we currently have then I’m embarrassed for you, you really have no clue at all.

46 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I’d imagine he probably was and has every right to be, a chance to play against what could be one of the best teams ever at AG in front of millions watching on tv. I’ve been saying it for god knows how long now that the only thing that is wrong with LJ is all the chopping and changing every week and the main reason behind (especially at AG) it is worrying about stopping whatever the opposition will be trying to do, for his sake he needs to bin that off right away, f0ck whatever they might do go at teams straight from the off and let them worry about us ffs. 

We are still generally unknown in the footballing world. Adam from Newcastle who's a Bristol City fan called Talksport to have a but of a rant and the presenters laughed him off the air and that attitude is typical because as Bristol City have never achieved anything of any note and the fact we never get the big games in the cup, outsiders consider us a laughing stock. 

The only way you change those perceptions is by getting exposure. The Liverpool game, at home, live on the BBC in millions of home would have given us that exposure. We got the Dunder sponsorship on the back of the previous big cup games, I suspect the recent news that Xledger are the new SS sponsors was partly due to the fact we could have played Liverpool and by signing up before it was confirmed they were able to get a cheaper rate. 

If I was SL I'd be absolutely fuming. Being live on the BBC and all over the world to such a large audience is marketing that you cant buy. 

Whilst were talking about Liverpool we may aswell use them as an example, yes I get they are probably the best team in the world right now, but that's only a recent thing. They have a clear system and they very rarely change that. They play their way and let the opposition worry about them.

I think LJ has got too caught up in what all his analysts suggest. The fact is we have started so many games this season set up wrong based on what the analysts suggest because they believe the opposition is going to set up a certain way and then come lick off they set up completely different to how we expect. Or game plan that we have worked on in training has then gone out of the window and then we have to wait for the analysts to analyse how they have instead set up before we then make changes, and then when we finally do make changes, they then make their own changes.

Our head coach needs to bin these ******* analysts off and get back to trusting his own eyes and managerial instincts.

25 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Don’t get me wrong I have a feeling SL will actually make a change if LJ fails to get us into the P/O’s this season, but those who would take Warnock now until the end of the season give your heads a wobble FFS you think you are fed with our current performances at home under LJ? Yes he does get results with the right players, that’ll usually be those over 6ft 4 and good in the air, he’s proved that he struggles with players who can actually play football so he’d be absolutely useless with our attacking players, I really don’t think some quite understand just how boring and shit his style is, may aswell throw Tiny Penis’s name into the mix aswell as he plays the same style. To suggest him coming here until the end of the season is quite frankly ridiculous, if you even for a split second think he’d come in and do a job or make us any better with what we currently have then I’m embarrassed for you, you really have no clue at all.

Adel Taarabt.

7 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Stevie....just reread the Harry Dolman book and see what he says in there about football owners...............and he was one !!

9 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

That's because people don't vote with their feet and are happy to keep watching the same old shite

Not entirely true. I've been to 2 home games in the last 7. Primarily because the footy is crap. Of the 2 games I've been, there was definitely an absence of some ST holders. 

And before I'm trolled with "you're a fair weather fan". I suppose I am insofar as my nipper struggles with the cold and wind so it's a convincing reason sometimes to give it a miss. Plus a footy day begins with leaving the house at 10am, returning at 7.15pm. LJ tries his hardest to convince us to stay at home and he's getting better at it. 

7 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’m not sure MA identifies transfers. Is he just a layer of protection for LJ built in by the Lansdowns?

9 hours ago, fanjita said:

People,,,,,,,vote with your feet Saturday 

The opposite of love is not hate, it is leaving the Dolman on 82 minutes.

ST holders that don't turn up at all, buying no food or drink, leaving an empty red seat, for a third of a season, will rattle Steve more than being mean, and horrible, and beastly to Lee. The power of passive aggression!

The indifference instead of hate thing is a bit too subtle/passive for many though, sadly....

3 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

The opposite of love is not hate, it is leaving the Dolman on 82 minutes.

ST holders that don't turn up at all, buying no food or drink, leaving an empty red seat, for a third of a season, will rattle Steve more than being mean, and horrible, and beastly to Lee. The power of passive aggression!

The indifference instead of hate thing is a bit too subtle/passive for many though, sadly....

I'll turn up and support as I always do, but I can tell one thing, if we go 1 down or its 0-0 at half time the little atmosphere there is at ashton gate will be toxic,

People are fed up of the shit football on show, setting up to play on the counter at home and changing to try and counter the opposition,

we should be force the opposition to change their game plan to suit us, we should be attacking not sitting back,

the football on show is worse then pulis and o'driscil combined and it can't be aloud to continue 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I'll turn up and support as I always do, but I can tell one thing, if we go 1 down or its 0-0 at half time the little atmosphere there is at ashton gate will be toxic,

People are fed up of the shit football on show, setting up to play on the counter at home and changing to try and counter the opposition,

we should be force the opposition to change their game plan to suit us, we should be attacking not sitting back,

the football on show is worse then pulis and o'driscil combined and it can't be aloud to continue 

Clearing my throat already,WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH  WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH,WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH,its what we used to sing in years gone by,the old ones are the best.

Archived