IGNORED

Is that it

Robin Wood

1 minute ago, Robin Wood said:

I think the time is tight to get shot of Lee  the performances for the last 2 years have been average roll on Barnsley it could be the final nail in his coffin

1 point off playoffs currently? Having gone on the worst streak of a Bristol city manager? 

it is inevitable he stays until the summer. SL wants him to have every chance. But failure to be in the playoffs and I think he will go. But not until 46 league games have been played. 

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

1 point off playoffs currently? Having gone on the worst streak of a Bristol city manager? 

it is inevitable he stays until the summer. SL wants him to have every chance. But failure to be in the playoffs and I think he will go. But not until 46 league games have been played. 

Unfortunately you could be right can't imagine how awful Saturday will be if we lose that he should fall on his sword, make no mistake lansdown will be seething are missing the chance to show the Bristol sport brand to the nation

14 minutes ago, 29AR said:

We wont make the playoffs under Johnson. He has reached his peak and wont take us any further. Time to go.

10 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

Unfortunately you could be right can't imagine how awful Saturday will be if we lose that he should fall on his sword, make no mistake lansdown will be seething are missing the chance to show the Bristol sport brand to the nation

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

We wont make the playoffs under Johnson. He has reached his peak and wont take us any further. Time to go.

I’m indifferent.

We are playing crap football, I’m not minded to renew at the moment when season ticket offers come out shortly. But we are in touching of the play offs and seemingly have EN coming in which may change the focus and I do see an exciting blend of youth with potential. And we can’t really ignore that we - as a club and MA is complicit in this - put a lot of eggs in Afobe and we lost there. 

I remember West Brom sacking last year and the profile that brought them, and ideas above station, ultimately I think 1pt off playoffs we’d get similar reaction now - people widely won’t know how bad the performances have been. 

I just don’t see LJ going this season. It’ll be at the end, and quite possibly it’ll be managed in such a way he can ‘resign and want a short break’ with a decent media reputation retained rather than getting sacked. In fact that is how I see his leaving being managed. He’ll be told to do it that way for the preservation of his career rather than getting sacked is my prediction.  

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

I think you’re right with this. Whether we achieve the playoffs will determine LJ’s fate. 

I seriously think he has a few games left to show this team is capable of playing the way we know it can regularly. Tonight was unacceptable - especially the 2nd half. 

I'm not a big fan of changing managers but I think after 3 years progress, this year LJ has gone backwards and run out of ideas. Hard to see him turning it around currently but I suspect SL will give him a bit more time.

I think wigan shrewsbury barnsley was 3 games to save his job looks like EN will finally be done tomorrow with arsenal leaking on their official website but that will be a smokrscreen to cover for tonight loss.

Think its 2 wins from 9 aint it? Luton were crap and wigan we got lucky the performances have been shocking this season. 

2 shots on target tonight says it all 

53 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I’m indifferent.

We are playing crap football, I’m not minded to renew at the moment when season ticket offers come out shortly. But we are in touching of the play offs and seemingly have EN coming in which may change the focus and I do see an exciting blend of youth with potential. And we can’t really ignore that we - as a club and MA is complicit in this - put a lot of eggs in Afobe and we lost there. 

I remember West Brom sacking last year and the profile that brought them, and ideas above station, ultimately I think 1pt off playoffs we’d get similar reaction now - people widely won’t know how bad the performances have been. 

I just don’t see LJ going this season. It’ll be at the end, and quite possibly it’ll be managed in such a way he can ‘resign and want a short break’ with a decent media reputation retained rather than getting sacked. In fact that is how I see his leaving being managed. He’ll be told to do it that way for the preservation of his career rather than getting sacked is my prediction.  

You won’t make an easier prediction than that. Absolutely set in stone. 

Leaves by mutual consent. 

3 minutes ago, Highguy said:

I think wigan shrewsbury barnsley was 3 games to save his job looks like EN will finally be done tomorrow with arsenal leaking on their official website but that will be a smokrscreen to cover for tonight loss.

Think its 2 wins from 9 aint it? Luton were crap and wigan we got lucky the performances have been shocking this season. 

2 shots on target tonight says it all 

Do you not think that result might have a baring on who comes tomorrow?

I guess we will see!  

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Inclined to agree. 

I think that this is a two year window for promotion. Clubs in transition, some weaker than before clubs, built up some decent headroom financially,  in terms if a mix of getting players and holding key assets.  Bit less after tonight! 

I think SL sees it this way, as a 2 year window too. If we don't make the playoffs then that clock starts ticking and LJ's position would surely be under real review.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Inclined to agree. 

I think that this is a two year window for promotion. Clubs in transition, some weaker than before clubs, built up some decent headroom financially,  in terms if a mix of getting players and holding key assets.  Bit less after tonight! 

I think SL sees it this way, as a 2 year window too. If we don't make the playoffs then that clock starts ticking and LJ's position would surely be under real review.

In essence you are right, but a missed  home tie with Liverpool , full house and the tv money ( 1 m plus) will have ruffled the feathers at the top. It is more likely the lack of an immediate suitable replacement that will allow another 3 months of the charade. Much will depend on MA in that regard. Blind optimism is not how SL became a wealthy man. The lack of cohesion and identity is not the model desired. We won't get relegated, that is the good news. Would anyone suggest we are remotely prepared for the Prem league ? Miles off . This is not what 4 years of development should look like. It looks shambolic and our lack of football identity and club strategy a travesty after being given so much time and patience. SL is not a fool, generous with certain people, loyal, supportive, but not a fool. It is lucky for LJ that the Reading game is cancelled. It will help him get to the end of Jan. If he does that , he will see the season out. 

My challenge to people is this. 

In the last 20 games, since Brentford away where was grabbed a last minute leveller, can you name a performance where we can say we played well, and deserved the win, against a team not in the bottom 3? 

Fulham was the exception rather than the norm, imo. While Luton clearly arent ready for this division, Wigan are struggling big time, and Huddersfield are in the middle lf a crippling confidence crisis depending on League 2 and Conference signings for the most part. 

10 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Do you not think that result might have a baring on who comes tomorrow?

I guess we will see!  

the fa cup was never a target for us if we would won last night liverpool wpuld of battered us by a rugby score the way been playing so dont think it will make a difference who signs 

Archived