IGNORED

Aaron Pierre

SouthStand Sandwich

1 minute ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

What a player - composed, solid, tactically sound, outwitted our front men - we should have a look at him... oh wait ... we did, he played for us for a couple of pre-season games in 2017... LJ said "not good enough"  

We have Nathan Baker though who apparently is a solid championship defender and a warrior

• Admin
7 minutes ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

What a player - composed, solid, tactically sound, outwitted our front men - we should have a look at him... oh wait ... we did, he played for us for a couple of pre-season games in 2017... LJ said "not good enough"  

Let's put it into perspective he's had a good 180 minutes against a championship team that don't have a clue what they are doing on the pitch 

If he was doing it week in week out he wouldn't be playing for Shrewsbury 

34 minutes ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

Obviously you know better than our scouts and the people who actually dealt with him whilst here?

10 hours ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

You're literally inventing reasons to have a pop. I can think of more relevant concerns.

Desperate stuff.

9 hours ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

I guess you think the scouts have done a good job...assembled a really balanced squad with strong DNA and identity ...

I think we have assembled a strong squad actually. Very good individual players at least, whether the Head coach is getting the best out of them or not is another matter 

13 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I think we have assembled a strong squad actually. Very good individual players at least, whether the Head coach is getting the best out of them or not is another matter 

....and somewhere along this run of 19 games we are gonna find out one way or the other.  Give him the striker he needs, and then he can prove to us once and for all.

By the end of the season, for me there will be no ambiguity, he’s either progressed us (play-offs) or he hasn’t (7th or worse).  It’s a results business, and over 46 games, even if performances aren’t to our liking, we have to accept that he net the objective.  If over 46 games we fall short I don’t think there are any reasons that are valid to say we didn’t progress.  The tools he has been given, under the constraints of SL / MA set a perfectly reasonable objective of top 6.

Now is the time to just get on with it.

Archived