IGNORED

Expect Johnson's Positives

BTRFTG

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

But he was going around and making 15 million bids for the likes of Dwight Gayle?

..and ridiculous bids for the likes of Harry McGuire... was it £5 million?

So just on those two that would be a combined profit of what, £75 million, based on current values?

P

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

But he was going around and making 15 million bids for the likes of Dwight Gayle?

You don't know what he was doing. It's all speculation

I heard there was a big bust up preseason with him and SL and the rug got pulled from underneath him. Don't know how true it is though 

All I know is we had know players coming in. As soon as he went....and LJ was almost instantly installed....we started signing big money players like Tomlin on loan 

5 minutes ago, RedRock said:

We ain’t good enough for the play-offs, we hopefully, will not be relegated.

Now is the time for a new manager.

Actually use the rest of the season positively to allow him to assess this massive squad of very average players. See who can improve, see who are wasters. Get ready to buy/sell as soon as the new window opens. 

Otherwise, the next few months are just going to be ‘dead time’, just waiting for the inevitable to happen at the end of the Season. If we don’t appoint now we then have to spend entirety of next Season assessing and can’t do much until the following Summer Window to address problems. 

As Sir Steve said himself, he ain’t getting any younger and wants results in the present.

BTW see little point now in loans... so would have great delight in telling Eddie and his agent to do one. It’s not a tweak we need, this is ‘root and branch’ territory. 

Agree. Should now be given until the end of the season. No more signings wasted enough.

Let's see what you can do with the 35 players you already have.

If we finish half way in this league then time should be up, after four years of trying.

52 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

We go again Saturday more important game

I understand what you are saying, of course I do. But forgive me for being a bit pissed off for my team not putting up a fight to play Liverpool. The game was worth well over a million pounds and we've just chucked it away. Not only the money but a chance to play the type of teams you say we can concentrate on the league and hope to play, week in week out*

* Apologies if you are quoting LJ and I have misunderstood, but my point is the same. We couldn't beat Shrewsbury over two legs what chance of us being Premiership ready any time soon?

For everyone saying this squad wouldnt get beat by the promotion squad. 

We just got beat by (with no disrespect) Shrewsbury, and still didnt create much. 

Cotts knew what he was doing - LJ doesn't. One had a settled identity, the other doesnt.

I know who my money would be on, and it wouldnt be the squad that - including departures - has had £50m plus thrown at it. 

2 hours ago, westonred said:

What p*sses me off is that fantastic double winning squad was dismantled by LJ . I bet they would beat the current squad although LJ deemed all those players (Bar Korey) as not good enough

Honestly some of the posts on here are so ridiculous. You're not happy with LJ when we're a point off the playoffs - so you obviously think we should be doing better. But you also think we have an inferior squad to the one we came up with! So really should be amazed at how well LJ has this squad playing or do you think the side we were promoted with are on a par with Leeds and WBA? 

They're easy things to complain about - you can make a good case for LJ to go or stay, but some of the posts, overreactions, and this need to pin anything and everything as LJ fault is ridiculous and tedious. 

Simple for me. Johnson either gets us to the play offs this season or he hasn’t met the target of improvement set by the owner and he gets his arse kicked out of it.

I’ll put up with the drab football for now, I’ll put up with a Manager that has assembled a one dimensional squad that only have the ability to “win ugly” on the break, I’ll even put up with the horrendous Box Entry BS he comes out with after games and I’ll also put up with losing to a bang average League 1 outfit for now. I’ll tell you what you can even add in one last relegation form horrendous run that we are currently going through for the fourth time.

However if putting up with the above effectively achieves the total sum of bugger all come the final whistle v PNE then he’s gotta go. He’s sold players but he’s had plenty of funds to replace them. The unbalanced squad we still have is 100% his issue after 4 years. His kid in a sweet shop attitude to transfers and tombola style reaction to each losing run is starting to grate now.

All credit Johnson had in the Bank has evaporated over the last two months for me.

7 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I also seem to remember a story about us having a bit accepted for Andre Grey....and it was taken back by SL.

There was a story but it was clearly nonsense, if we had of had the bid that some suggest accepted you can guarantee that Burnley didn't decide to bid a few million quid more because they like Brentford. The bid was never accepted, it was a low ball offer for a player who wouldn't have come. 

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Simple for me. Johnson either gets us to the play offs this season or he hasn’t met the target of improvement set by the owner and he gets his arse kicked out of it.

I’ll put up with the drab football for now, I’ll put up with a Manager that has assembled a one dimensional squad that only have the ability to “win ugly” on the break, I’ll even put up with the horrendous Box Entry BS he comes out with after games and I’ll also put up with losing to a bang average League 1 outfit for now. I’ll tell you what you can even add in one last relegation form horrendous run that we are currently going through for the fourth time.

However if putting up with the above effectively achieves the total sum of bugger all come the final whistle v PNE then he’s gotta go. He’s sold players but he’s had plenty of funds to replace them. The unbalanced squad we still have is 100% his issue after 4 years. His kid in a sweet shop attitude to transfers and tombola style reaction to each losing run is starting to grate now.

All credit Johnson had in the Bank has evaporated over the last two months for me.

Jesus you’re tolerant. 

For me it all boils down to whether SL/JL is willing to give up on this season. If they are keep LJ. If they’re not he needs to go. 

While he’s in charge we have no chance of the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Jesus you’re tolerant. 

For me it all boils down to whether SL/JL is willing to give up on this season. If they are keep LJ. If they’re not he needs to go. 

While he’s in charge we have no chance of the playoffs. 

It’s more pragmatic than tolerant tbf. I’m working on the basis that like it or not Steve Lansdown does not do sackings unless he absolutely has to.

1 minute ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

I think we will be in and around them like we have been the last 2 seasons. Not going to say I think we will definitely be in them because that would be silly, as we all know how competitive this league is. But to say we have no chance when we are in are current position is a bit dramatic in my opinion.

Ok. Let me put this another way, do you think there’s another coach in the country who’d be capable of having us play worse football than we’re currently seeing under LJ?

5 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

1 point off the playoffs and have no chance. Interesting.

2 wins, and that was against the bottom 2 teams, in the last 9 games says we have no chance

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s more pragmatic than tolerant tbf. I’m working on the basis that like it or not Steve Lansdown does not do sackings unless he absolutely has to.

Uhhh, I’ll accept with the caveat that SL doesn’t do sackings of LJ*

*and he doesn’t even do them when he absolutely has to. 

1 minute ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Again another dramatic comment. Do you honestly believe that? In the football league there are 68 clubs below us so you’re saying that any of those managers at those clubs would be doing a better job?

Yes. Genuinely I am. 

When the standard of football is measured against the resources at his disposal in terms of players and the money he’s spent on players then what he’s achieving currently is an utter embarrassment. 

Someone suggested in another thread that you’re LJ’s godson. If that’s the case it goes some way to explain you’re inability to see how poor he’s performing and I wouldn’t blame you for that. 

5 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

2 wins, and that was against the bottom 2 teams, in the last 9 games says we have no chance

His future hangs on this transfer window. If Famaral or Weimann puts away their chances last night the half and half scarf salesmen would be in dreamland this morning.

It’s not all about finishing but with a good forward a number of defaults can be masked.

We don’t have that luxury at the moment.

9 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Again another dramatic comment. Do you honestly believe that? In the football league there are 68 clubs below us so you’re saying that any of those managers at those clubs would be doing a better job?

No it says we are in bad form. Bad form doesn’t last forever.

Bad form does last In some clubs. You get relegated.  I am thankful we have a few points on the board. The Wigan result gave us some respite, the Wigan performance gave us none. 

4 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Then there’s no having a discussion with you if you believe that tripe. Clearly another person with a personal vendetta against LJ.

If someone supporting their manager because they think over the 4 years they have been here has been a good job and I’m not going to be fickle means I’m suddenly part of the Johnson family then that pretty much sums up the type of people that post on here.

Absolutely nothing personal here at all. Just a poor manager, who is massively  underachieving and only remaining in a job because of nepotism. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Absolutely nothing personal here at all. Just a poor manager, who is massively  underachieving and only remaining in a job because of nepotism. 

I'm afraid that favours to relatives, mates and their mates is in danger of defining the football club. All very cosy...too cosy.

In contrast to other aspects of the Bristol Sport set up.

11 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Then there’s no having a discussion with you if you believe that tripe. Clearly another person with a personal vendetta against LJ.

If someone supporting their manager because they think over the 4 years they have been here has been a good job and I’m not going to be fickle means I’m suddenly part of the Johnson family then that pretty much sums up the type of people that post on here.

Sanctimonious and patronising in one post, some achievement that

Archived