Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

BTRFTG

Expect Johnson's Positives

"At least I won't be able to be held responsible for having managed City to their record cup defeat, especially to a bunch of kids live on primetime TV."

"I wanted to be able to give Nketiah a rest given all the football he's played lately...."

"It'll be good not to have to explain to Klopp just how I managed to totally waste Ryan Kent...."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Did you see the game?

Intrigued what point you are trying to make? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

"At least I won't be able to be held responsible for having managed City to their record cup defeat, especially to a bunch of kids live on primetime TV."

"I wanted to be able to give Nketiah a rest given all the football he's played lately...."

"It'll be good not to have to explain to Klopp just how I managed to totally waste Ryan Kent...."

Box entries. 
Identity. 
DNA. 
good humans!!

**** off Johnson!!!!

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

Unless you were there, how can you judge the performance? No Tv + Owers said we did ok. Problem is Dave and lack of forward quality overall. Tis the Cup and happens.

I was. We weren’t okay. Owers is wrong. 

• Like 4
  • Rovers 1

6 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Did you see the game?

We've watched the same game over and over and over and over and over.  It's Johnson Groundhog day. 0-2 shots on target - NEWS, that IS our target. Demotivated players played out of position, talentless, overtired numpties recruited in his own likeness, multiple panic substitutions covering his tactical frailty, idiotic post game excuses out SoDing SoD. 

Do you want the script for Barnsley?

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Unless you were there, how can you judge the performance? No Tv + Owers said we did ok. Problem is Dave and lack of forward quality overall. Tis the Cup and happens.

So you weren’t there either? But Fam is the problem? 👀

• Like 1

It’s ok though. The signing of Eddie is in ‘Mark Ashton’s shoes’. Can’t even get his blabbering rubbish platitudes right tonight!  

Typing as he speaks on Radio Brizzle

I am disappointed for sure

Disappointed for people

Give people  now a good attempt at the play offs

We played well and could have been one, two or three up

good individual performances from 5 or 6 players

I am focused, we work hard, sorry not to give them the Liverpool game

Focussed now for run at the playoffs

Little bit 'Famara' which he is why he is with us, but he gives us other platforms and he works hard. good hold up play but if he took all chances would not be with us.

this  game was a priority,  Jay rested as fracture not completely healed yet

Lots of  good individual play. 

That is basically what he said folks  FWIW

• Thanks 4

What p*sses me off is that fantastic double winning squad was dismantled by LJ . I bet they would beat the current squad although LJ deemed all those players (Bar Korey) as not good enough

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Aubergine 1

Is standard LJ. Win a game and he’s there spouting shite about having dinner with Paterson and how he could ‘see in his eyes the old Jamie Paterson was back’ and he ‘knows him better than him ‘mum’. Lose a game and he’s slagging Fam off who won us the game Saturday.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, westonred said:

What p*sses me off is that fantastic double winning squad was dismantled by LJ . I bet they would beat the current squad although LJ deemed all those players (Bar Korey) as not good enough

Ah the double winning squad we were going to get relegated with.

• Like 10
  • Hedgehog 1

16 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

one, two or three up

Three up? With TWO shots on target is WeeLee now relying on OGs and deflections?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, westonred said:

Well that’s not completely true

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

That would be ok if we hadn’t been utterly useless the last 10 games. Tonight just reconfirming the obvious. We aren’t good and LJ has no idea how to turn it around. We aren’t good enough to make the top 6 and we won’t be relegated. Get rid and get someone in that can assess the squad for 20 games and get an actual identity on the pitch over the summer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Is standard LJ. Win a game and he’s there spouting shite about having dinner with Paterson and how he could ‘see in his eyes the old Jamie Paterson was back’ and he ‘knows him better than him ‘mum’. Lose a game and he’s slagging Fam off who won us the game Saturday.

Yep. We turned a corner on Saturday. 

Only problem, we turned another 3 tonight so we're back where we started. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Anyone see how he snapped at the end of the interview? 😂 he knows he doesn’t have a clue how to fix the team. He has done well but it happens to 99% of coaches/managers. They end badly. There is no happily ever after with LJ. Pochettino sacked, Wenger didn’t leave on great terms, Mourinho not liked too much at Chelsea anymore, Barca just sacked their manager, West Brom sacked a guy in 4th place. It is ok for him to go. Be bold SL and Bristol City this chapter needs to be finished. When it happens I will wish him well but for now I can’t stand the sight of him pr hear his voice atm

Agreed. I really don't see how it gets better from here. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

It was 180 minutes v Shrewsbury you muppet 😂😂

• Haha 1

We ain’t good enough for the play-offs, we hopefully, will not be relegated.

Now is the time for a new manager.

Actually use the rest of the season positively to allow him to assess this massive squad of very average players. See who can improve, see who are wasters. Get ready to buy/sell as soon as the new window opens. 

Otherwise, the next few months are just going to be ‘dead time’, just waiting for the inevitable to happen at the end of the Season. If we don’t appoint now we then have to spend entirety of next Season assessing and can’t do much until the following Summer Window to address problems. 

As Sir Steve said himself, he ain’t getting any younger and wants results in the present.

BTW see little point now in loans... so would have great delight in telling Eddie and his agent to do one. It’s not a tweak we need, this is ‘root and branch’ territory. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Ah the double winning squad we were going to get relegated with.

The double winning squad that was bare bones because the manager wasn't given a penny to spend....then as soon as he was sacked the funds mysteriously appeared 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

The double winning squad that was bare bones because the manager wasn't given a penny to spend....then as soon as he was sacked the funds mysteriously appeared 

But he was going around and making 15 million bids for the likes of Dwight Gayle?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Based on LJs interview this evening I wouldnt have been surprised if his team talk went along the lines of "lads, let's not worry about the result tonight, if we win that will be kinda nice but if not no worries at least we have the play offs to look forward to" such a great motivator is our Lee.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

But he was going around and making 15 million bids for the likes of Dwight Gayle?

..and ridiculous bids for the likes of Harry McGuire... was it £5 million?

So just on those two that would be a combined profit of what, £75 million, based on current values?

P

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

You don't know what he was doing. It's all speculation

I heard there was a big bust up preseason with him and SL and the rug got pulled from underneath him. Don't know how true it is though 

All I know is we had know players coming in. As soon as he went....and LJ was almost instantly installed....we started signing big money players like Tomlin on loan 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Funny I seem to remember bidding stupid money for Gayle and Gray under that manager

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RedRock said:

We ain’t good enough for the play-offs, we hopefully, will not be relegated.

Now is the time for a new manager.

Actually use the rest of the season positively to allow him to assess this massive squad of very average players. See who can improve, see who are wasters. Get ready to buy/sell as soon as the new window opens. 

Otherwise, the next few months are just going to be ‘dead time’, just waiting for the inevitable to happen at the end of the Season. If we don’t appoint now we then have to spend entirety of next Season assessing and can’t do much until the following Summer Window to address problems. 

As Sir Steve said himself, he ain’t getting any younger and wants results in the present.

BTW see little point now in loans... so would have great delight in telling Eddie and his agent to do one. It’s not a tweak we need, this is ‘root and branch’ territory. 

Agree. Should now be given until the end of the season. No more signings wasted enough.

Let's see what you can do with the 35 players you already have.

If we finish half way in this league then time should be up, after four years of trying.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

It was 180 minutes v Shrewsbury you muppet 😂😂

Post of the season so far....Moderators may we have a Muppet emoji?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Funny I seem to remember bidding stupid money for Gayle and Gray under that manager

I also seem to remember a story about us having a bit accepted for Andre Grey....and it was taken back by SL.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

We go again Saturday more important game

I understand what you are saying, of course I do. But forgive me for being a bit pissed off for my team not putting up a fight to play Liverpool. The game was worth well over a million pounds and we've just chucked it away. Not only the money but a chance to play the type of teams you say we can concentrate on the league and hope to play, week in week out*

* Apologies if you are quoting LJ and I have misunderstood, but my point is the same. We couldn't beat Shrewsbury over two legs what chance of us being Premiership ready any time soon?

• Like 2

For everyone saying this squad wouldnt get beat by the promotion squad. 

We just got beat by (with no disrespect) Shrewsbury, and still didnt create much. 

Cotts knew what he was doing - LJ doesn't. One had a settled identity, the other doesnt.

I know who my money would be on, and it wouldnt be the squad that - including departures - has had £50m plus thrown at it. 

Edited by Fuber

2 hours ago, westonred said:

Honestly some of the posts on here are so ridiculous. You're not happy with LJ when we're a point off the playoffs - so you obviously think we should be doing better. But you also think we have an inferior squad to the one we came up with! So really should be amazed at how well LJ has this squad playing or do you think the side we were promoted with are on a par with Leeds and WBA? 

They're easy things to complain about - you can make a good case for LJ to go or stay, but some of the posts, overreactions, and this need to pin anything and everything as LJ fault is ridiculous and tedious. 

• Like 1

My post was a bit of an angry overreaction last night however my point was that double winning team played with passion were exciting to watch they had great team spirit all things that the current squad dont

• Like 3

Simple for me. Johnson either gets us to the play offs this season or he hasn’t met the target of improvement set by the owner and he gets his arse kicked out of it.

I’ll put up with the drab football for now, I’ll put up with a Manager that has assembled a one dimensional squad that only have the ability to “win ugly” on the break, I’ll even put up with the horrendous Box Entry BS he comes out with after games and I’ll also put up with losing to a bang average League 1 outfit for now. I’ll tell you what you can even add in one last relegation form horrendous run that we are currently going through for the fourth time.

However if putting up with the above effectively achieves the total sum of bugger all come the final whistle v PNE then he’s gotta go. He’s sold players but he’s had plenty of funds to replace them. The unbalanced squad we still have is 100% his issue after 4 years. His kid in a sweet shop attitude to transfers and tombola style reaction to each losing run is starting to grate now.

All credit Johnson had in the Bank has evaporated over the last two months for me.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I also seem to remember a story about us having a bit accepted for Andre Grey....and it was taken back by SL.

There was a story but it was clearly nonsense, if we had of had the bid that some suggest accepted you can guarantee that Burnley didn't decide to bid a few million quid more because they like Brentford. The bid was never accepted, it was a low ball offer for a player who wouldn't have come. 

• Hmmm 1

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Simple for me. Johnson either gets us to the play offs this season or he hasn’t met the target of improvement set by the owner and he gets his arse kicked out of it.

I’ll put up with the drab football for now, I’ll put up with a Manager that has assembled a one dimensional squad that only have the ability to “win ugly” on the break, I’ll even put up with the horrendous Box Entry BS he comes out with after games and I’ll also put up with losing to a bang average League 1 outfit for now. I’ll tell you what you can even add in one last relegation form horrendous run that we are currently going through for the fourth time.

However if putting up with the above effectively achieves the total sum of bugger all come the final whistle v PNE then he’s gotta go. He’s sold players but he’s had plenty of funds to replace them. The unbalanced squad we still have is 100% his issue after 4 years. His kid in a sweet shop attitude to transfers and tombola style reaction to each losing run is starting to grate now.

All credit Johnson had in the Bank has evaporated over the last two months for me.

Jesus you’re tolerant. 

For me it all boils down to whether SL/JL is willing to give up on this season. If they are keep LJ. If they’re not he needs to go. 

While he’s in charge we have no chance of the playoffs. 

• Like 2