IGNORED

Keep the faith Jon and Steve

And Its Smith

If you are reading Jon and Steve Lansdown:

Please realise if you give someone the model of selling their best players every season and expecting them to improve you have to expect the odd bump in the road.  The task set before Lee is a very difficult one.  Please keep the faith. He has credit in the bank for what he has achieved thus far. It is LJ that has raised fans expectations. Please don’t sack him for this blip.

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Please realise if you give someone the model of selling their best players every season and expecting them to improve you have to expect the odd bump in the road.  The task set before Lee is a very difficult one.  Please keep the faith. He has credit in the bank for what he has achieved thus far. It is LJ that has raised fans expectations. Please don’t sack him for this blip.

Got your begging bowl out. Must be be desperate! 

Blip. ?

Tonight is the final nail in the coffin created by ZERO identity over the last 6 months. 
Bullsh1t corporate buzzwords. Good humans. DNA. Box entries. Possession. 
All absolute trash. Yes we are 8th! We will not be anywhere near that playing the way we are. 
Yet he’ll be given more money to spend. I’ll not trust him to buy me a bag of sweets!!!!

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I wonder just how s**t we would have to be for you to stop defending the indefensible.

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Every team in this league sells there best players that's where the championship is in the pecking order we are no different to any other club

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Alright Lee no need for this your job is safe. 

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Brilliant post Mark Ashton 

1 minute ago, Robin Wood said:

Every team in this league sells there best players that's where the championship is in the pecking order we are no different to any other club

Or they don’t sell them until final year of deal and get less. Preston are in mind here. Not near the budget but similar to us

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Yea he's doing a bang up job, just look at how badly Brentford are doing after selling Mepham, Maupay and all the other players they move on year after year. There isn't a team in this league who hasn't sold their best players, and 8 of them are above us. We sold 1 player who was nailed on to start in the summer, hardly lost half the team did he? 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

I admire your positivity Dave but we're not talking about a blip, how a Manager can't motivate his side to have the chance of playing the best club side in the world is shocking. 

We've gone as far with LJ in my opinion 

I would be more worried by the fact the players can not motivate themselves to raise their game

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Brentford do the same, mate.

We sold Webster last summer, Brentford sold Maupay and Konsa to PL clubs.

We are wasteful, and profligate. On and off the pitch.

Pity the likes of Sheffield Utd and many others have shown that it can be done.

Any wager that little olde Brentford will finish beneath us this Season? 

I get ‘the model’, I don’t get what appears a rudderless ship having purchased 60 odd players for £30 million or totally lacklustre, clueless performances on the field. 

The ridiculous thing is LJ has actually built a very good squad of players. So the selling players part he has coped very well with. It's how he sets them up seems to be the problem.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

The ridiculous thing is LJ has actually built a very good squad of players. So the selling players part he has coped very well with. It's how he sets them up seems to be the problem.

Same with most other champ clubs sell their best assets maintain identity.... not us.

11 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It’s more fundamental than a “blip”.

I'm sorry but I disagree massively we are a far worse team than we were 2 seasons ago (players come and go and there has been money to spend in fact LJ had more than any other of our managers ever!) with utterly no improvements in our team, our play, our manager or our management, this is not just based on tonight but the season overall.. have no doubt LJ has a passion for our club but has taken us as far as his limited ability as a coach and manager can do....

I unfortunately we are in a false position in the league at the moment and  the old adage papering over the cracks certainly applies this season... enough is enough he's had far more than his 3 transfer windows and all the talk of football identity is rubbish we have no identity our players don't seem to no what to do and unfortunately the buck stops at the manager... 

Archived