IGNORED

Keep the faith Jon and Steve

And Its Smith

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

We are still in the same league position. We are still 1 point off the playoffs. Looks like we are about to sign Eddie from Arsenal. And if you are that bothered about watching Liverpool's under 23s, then buy a sky package. 

Johnson in. 

Head Coach What GIF by Bristol City FC

@Badger08

I'd like to know how many of the last 10 games you've seen? 

Ps not playing Liverpool U23s would have just cost us circa £500k if you think that's acceptable you need to look in the mirror and then remove those rose tinted specs

5 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

We are still in the same league position. We are still 1 point off the playoffs. Looks like we are about to sign Eddie from Arsenal. And if you are that bothered about watching Liverpool's under 23s, then buy a sky package. 

Johnson in. 

You can understand why people are very disappointed though. The Liverpool game would've been huge. Remember what an occasion the United game was, especially because we won. 

17 minutes ago, RedDave said:

If you are reading Jon and Steve Lansdown:

Please realise if you give someone the model of selling their best players every season and expecting them to improve you have to expect the odd bump in the road.  The task set before Lee is a very difficult one.  Please keep the faith. He has credit in the bank for what he has achieved thus far. It is LJ that has raised fans expectations. Please don’t sack him for this blip.

Im afraid you are in a minority Dave. I think most fair fans think he has done a decent job getting us to where we are but can see that he has definitely reached his peak and can't take us further. He needs to make way for a better manager who can take us forward.  

15 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Please realise if you give someone the model of selling their best players every season and expecting them to improve you have to expect the odd bump in the road.  The task set before Lee is a very difficult one.  Please keep the faith. He has credit in the bank for what he has achieved thus far. It is LJ that has raised fans expectations. Please don’t sack him for this blip.

I'll have a gram of that mate.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Nice to pop in and see The Johnson apologists have just about exhausted the excuse manual a-z 

Now Like kids whining about their favourite puppy having to be found a new home

Embarrassing 

Carry On

Happy New Year  

Bob, you’re alive!

1 minute ago, Badger08 said:

Every single one. 

£500,000. Im sure SL makes that in an hour's. It hasn't cost "you" anything. It's not our money, stop acting like it is.

The club will care about the money and exposure lost though, whether you do or not. If we aim to be self sufficient, things like that are really important. 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Nice to pop in and see The Johnson apologists have just about exhausted the excuse manual a-z 

Embarrassing 

Carry On

Happy New Year  

They like their idol read it many times, so many in fact they believe every excuse.

1 minute ago, Badger08 said:

Every single one. 

£500,000. Im sure SL makes that in an hour's. It hasn't cost "you" anything. It's not our money, stop acting like it is.

FFP makes SL’s income *nearly* irrelevant. It does affect the club. Substantially. That is probably LJ’s annual salary gone in 3 hours of football in not beating Shrewsbury. 

SL will be furious at this. Not enough that it jeopardises LJ immediately, but end of year review, I’d be worried in LJ’s shoes unless we make the playoffs. 

19 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Sorry to be glib.........but this is sanctimonious drivel IMHO

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Embarrassing 

Carry On

Happy New Year  

How you doing BBSB ? Good to see you back on here !!!?

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The club will care about the money and exposure lost though, whether you do or not. If we aim to be self sufficient, things like that are really important. 

The bloke put in £10m of his own cash the other week and that’s how his Manager repays him when the prospect of a significant financial carrot is dangled.

Could be wrong but I think that Lansdown will be furious about this. Doesn’t mean a sacking is imminent but Johnson’s apparent invincibility would have taken a big dent tonight.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Well @Badger08 you've just confirmed to us all how far you're detatched from reality 

Perhaps you should educate yourself on what that money could have done for us and how it would have helped FFP

I really am speechless how short sighted some of our fanbase is 

18 minutes ago, RedDave said:

**** me you so like a reaction.

Tell me this, after 3 years in charge do you think the line up tonight looked like a side that was on the verge of promotion?

Second thoughts don't reply. I have no interest in any Shite you may come out with.

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Embarrassing 

Carry On

Happy New Year  

On point as always mate. Hope you’re well. 

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The bloke put in £10m of his own cash the other week and that’s how his Manager repays him when the prospect of a significant financial carrot is dangled.

Could be wrong but I think that Lansdown will be furious about this. Doesn’t mean a sacking is imminent but Johnson’s apparent invincibility would have taken a big dent tonight.

Absolutely - one of the most damaging games he's lost all season. Possibly the most from the board's perspective.

3 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Every single one. 

Thought you'd be back after that haha 

So we don't need money coming in now then? Literally does your blind faith know no bounds? You will act like a toddler to other city fans the second anything goes your way, like in the Charlton match thread, where you were acting all Billy Big bollocks when we went 2-1 up (not that you were happy about us winning more that you could lord it over some other city fans) and now we can just ignore potential millions of pounds coming into the club as it suits your agenda. 

I wasn't sold on him getting sacked just yet but tonight has changed all that.. Was feeling for a little while he'd taken us as far as he could anyway.

It's the Cup, it happens but just feels like a massive opportunity lost on a number of levels. 

1) That Wigan win, though a tough watch COULD have been the first phase of a reboot. My idea, or hope likely was win games, confidence grows, performances steadily improve and it's a virtuous circle...may have improved our remaining January window prospects a bit too.

All that's gone now! 

2)  The financial boost of Liverpool at home, or should I say the financial boost we would have had!!

3) Most importantly morale and momentum. Things steadily improve, confidence grows- fans, players, staff- the club basically. Could've had a good effect on morale and in turn momentum- virtuous circle again. 

All of that is gone. Gone!! Back to Square One!?

Thanks Lee!!

14 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Jon and Steve - go and have a word with the Shrews board...they seem to be able to do a better job than you given the resources at your disposal.

I understand that you’re hurt and upset, but that’s just silly.  We lost tonight because we didn’t take our chances, not because of a business plan.

15 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Johnson in. 

And still playing DIABOLOCAL Football!!!!!!!

Archived