IGNORED

Keep the faith Jon and Steve

And Its Smith

We are picking up the occasional result which eases the pressure but the problems remain. Even when we win we scrape it / play rubbish. Bar fulham we haven’t played well for months and months - it’s killing my interest in City and attending (I’ve had a ST for nearly 10 years).

There is the saying ‘the grass isn’t always greener on the other side...’ but LJ out for me 

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I understand that you’re hurt and upset, but that’s just silly.  We lost tonight because we didn’t take our chances, not because of a business plan.

They didn't take all their chances either, let's remember, and they are L1.

5 minutes ago, weepywall said:

How you doing BBSB ? Good to see you back on here !!!?

Just quickly popped in to see the justification from the usual suspects for the shambles we currently are after 4 years , 54 signings , no plan 

Its cringeworthy And nor for me atm mate

Hope you good

PS Is this Matty Taylor is God Poster actually Lees Godson ?

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Sorry to be glib.........but this is sanctimonious drivel IMHO

I agree with parts of what he says. It's not easy. And LJ has bought very good players and made us a much better squad on paper whilst selling some of our best players.

Whether that's all down to LJ or not, he has the final say. I also think he seems to be very good at convincing players to come here. Tammy for example. And how on Earth did we sign Massengo who apparently prem clubs can't work out. He seems like a very good man manager.

But the tactics, from what is a very good bunch of players. It's shocking. It's not a question of motivation. They are mainly very well motivated, just look at the Brentford game how hard they worked.

The tactics are not what i would have ever expected from a young talented manager that we saw in parts of 17/18 season.

I didn't watch today so maybe it's not as bad as it sounded! But still, we lost and I know how bad we've been playing before that.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Absolutely - one of the most damaging games he's lost all season. Possibly the most from the board's perspective.

It does feel like this defeat has potential to be a nail in the coffin “if you like”!!! That upset a few tonight!! If the league form carries on as it currently is he will be toast in May. He needs that Arsenal geezer to come in and seriously hit the ground running.

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Nice to pop in and see The Johnson apologists have just about exhausted the excuse manual a-z 

Now Like kids whining about their favourite puppy having to be found a new home

Embarrassing 

Carry On

Happy New Year  

Hay Bob where you been? 

Just to get you back on track in case you've been on a long long holiday or something.

Don't believe everything you read. everything is going sweet.

20 minutes ago, phantom said:

This radio interview is embarrassing, he REALLY is clueless 

Yes, but what else could he say?  We have an important game on Saturday and Johnson’s job is to manage his own disappointment and to try to lift his players in three days.  I remember when we lost the play-off final, I wondered how Gary Johnson could lift his squad for the next season, let alone three days later.  We have to put this behind us.  When the chips are down, three points against Barnsley was always more important than victory tonight, however gutted we all feel at the moment.  I haven’t felt this disappointed since the Hull match, but the important thing now is to keep focused and concentrate on building a challenge in the four months to come.

7 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

**** me you so like a reaction.

Tell me this, after 3 years in charge do you think the line up tonight looked like a side that was on the verge of promotion?

Second thoughts don't reply. I have no interest in any Shite you may come out with.

Horrible response that 

28 minutes ago, RedDave said:

If you are reading Jon and Steve Lansdown:

Please realise if you give someone the model of selling their best players every season and expecting them to improve you have to expect the odd bump in the road.  The task set before Lee is a very difficult one.  Please keep the faith. He has credit in the bank for what he has achieved thus far. It is LJ that has raised fans expectations. Please don’t sack him for this blip.

What are you seeing that others are missing? Most clubs sell their best players. LJ have been given more money than most to replace those players sold. 

It’s LJ’s fault he has signed players that don’t fit into systems/formations that he wants, and that he cannot get the best out of his players.

29 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Please realise if you give someone the model of selling their best players every season and expecting them to improve you have to expect the odd bump in the road.  The task set before Lee is a very difficult one.  Please keep the faith. He has credit in the bank for what he has achieved thus far. It is LJ that has raised fans expectations. Please don’t sack him for this blip.

Sack him because hes not good enough for the job required just as any other employer would

Sorry mrs johnson better make it double whiskey tonight 

25 minutes ago, RedDave said:

if you are reading, Jon And Steve,

Please realise that football is not a business model where selling players for a profit is the priority.    Football is not a business.

Football is about  romance, its about the chance of seeing your team play Liverpool .... of  being able to get the better of a League One team over two legs to earn that opportunity.

Nobody who has seen Bristol City play more than three times this season honestly believe  that Lee Johnson has created a squad or a way of playing that merits further support,

Time to pull the trigger.

3 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Millions of pounds haha. Have you forgotten the money he made on Webster, Flint, Reid, Kelly? Or does that suit YOUR agenda? How much do you think sacking a manager, paying up contracts and hiring a new manager will cost? More than the Liverpool game that's for sure. Not forgetting all the players they will want to sign because it isn't "his side", changing of backroom staff, blah, blah, blah. 

What do you mean he made?

he was on the radio 30 minutes ago stating Ashton does all the transfers sorry if that doesn’t suit your agenda

Johnson in.

He’s earned the right to have one last shot at the play offs. He’s taken us from the Championship relegation zone to a fan base that EXPECTS play-offs. Yes he’s spent money, but he’s recouped even more from sales, often players who we bought for pittance or picked from the academy who were coached into 5, 10, 20 million pound talents. And he loves the club. Let’s beat Barnsley Saturday and get behind an exciting push for top 6. COYR. 

11 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I’m not advocating LJ out tonight.  For me we now see the true challenge in front of LJ, his assistants and his playing squad (and I guess recruitment team under MA).

No false dawns of players upping game short-term to take on Liverpool.

Its now 19 games (possibly 21/22) with no distractions (concentrate on league cliche).

Before tonight, Barnsley was the more important game, and I think Lee approached his team selection correctly.  Ultimately we lost the game, a tight / even game by the sounds of it, but also against lower league opponents.

There are no hiding places going forward, no excuses.  He rested Dasilva, Smith, Massengo (might be injury doubts over the 2nd and 3rd), got Pato some minutes too.  With no game after Saturday til February (unless Reading quickly re-arranged), there is no excuse for leaving everything on the pitch.

I do think we also need to be mindful of continuing to use “sell our best players” rationale (excuse) too.  In this seasons accounts we’ve actually spent more than the profit we made from Webster, Pack, Eisa (and Freeman sell-on).  We lost Kelly too, but would’ve made a loss in 18/19 otherwise.  He must understand the constraint of a having a deficit of say £8m to fund each season (£25m loss less £13m FFP less £3-5m FFP excludables).  That could actually be achieved by a trimmer squad, either less outlay initially leading to reduced amortisation costs, or a smaller wage budget, or combo of both.

We are however 9th, in a pack chasing 6th or higher, and only a point behind (plus a bit of GD) objective number one.

We will quite possibly see tomorrow whether SL and MA have backed him with Eddie Nketiah or another striker.

Assuming Brownhill stays and a striker comes in, I think you have to say play-offs is the expectation.  I don’t think finishing outside (not even 7th) can result in an argument saying “we are still progressing”.  I’m not saying it should cost him his job either, but it will raise questions of his tenure here.

He has been marvellously backed by SL.

Lets wait until 16:50 on Saturday and be better placed to judge.

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Yes, but what else could he say?  We have an important game on Saturday and Johnson’s job is to manage his own disappointment and to try to lift his players in three days.  I remember when we lost the play-off final, I wondered how Gary Johnson could lift his squad for the next season, let alone three days later.  We have to put this behind us.  When the chips are down, three points against Barnsley was always more important than victory tonight, however gutted we all feel at the moment.  I haven’t felt this disappointed since the Hull match, but the important thing now is to keep focused and concentrate on building a challenge in the four months to come.

I agree with your sentiments regarding the next game - but Gary Johnson was a gnarled, experienced, proven winner...his son is not!

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I agree with parts of what he says. It's not easy. And LJ has bought very good players and made us a much better squad on paper whilst selling some of our best players.

Whether that's all down to LJ or not, he has the final say. I also think he seems to be very good at convincing players to come here. Tammy for example. And how on Earth did we sign Massengo who apparently prem clubs can't work out. He seems like a very good man manager.

But the tactics, from what is a very good bunch of players. It's shocking. It's not a question of motivation. They are mainly very well motivated, just look at the Brentford game how hard they worked.

The tactics are not what i would have ever expected from a young talented manager that we saw in parts of 17/18 season.

I didn't watch today so maybe it's not as bad as it sounded! But still, we lost and I know how bad we've been playing before that.

Thanks John for your view.......the reason I made my comment was mainly down to our style of play and tactics.  For all the supposed restrictions {Its hardly unique?} LJ 's tactics  and gameplan are truly appalling, given the time and amount of coaching he has provided, we are no closer to being a cohesive team than we were 2 years ago?   I could go on........but I am running out of patience with a coach who will never play a better game than he talks ?

1 minute ago, Badger08 said:

So Reid wasn't made into a striker by Johnson? Lloyd wasn't given a chance by Johnson? Johnson didn't have a say on the Webster deal? He was just bought without LJs knowledge? Haha. The only one you could argue wasn't much to do with Johnson was Flint. Don't talk rubbish. 

I’m not talking rubbish, you are johnson literally just said Ashton dealt with all the transfers,

it came out of his own mouth that means Ashton negotiated the sales, that also means Ashton made all the profit,

20 minutes ago, 29AR said:

FFP makes SL’s income *nearly* irrelevant. It does affect the club. Substantially. That is probably LJ’s annual salary gone in 3 hours of football in not beating Shrewsbury. 

SL will be furious at this. Not enough that it jeopardises LJ immediately, but end of year review, I’d be worried in LJ’s shoes unless we make the playoffs. 

Forget LJ's salary, that's Nketiah's agent's fee we've flushed down the toilet!

31 minutes ago, GoodridgeandGoater said:

Think LJ will have seriously p***sed off the hierarchy tonight.  Landsdowns would have enjoyed the payday, the media attention, 25 years ago and all that of Liverpool tie. Millions spent by LJ, multiple signings, to lose over two games to a lower-mid League 1 outfit.  This might be the result that does it for Johnson. 

Hope so! 

18 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I understand that you’re hurt and upset, but that’s just silly.  We lost tonight because we didn’t take our chances, not because of a business plan.

I'm not particularly hurt or upset...and I don't consider myself 'silly' in this respect. I have time for  Steve Lansdown, and have had a drink with him more than once, but his stewardship of our club has been very patchy...I'd say pretty poor on the pitch, where we're hardly any better placed than we were a decade ago. His business plan is flawed. His 'board' is him, a mate, his son and an employee. He should take advice. 

Archived