IGNORED

Keep the faith Jon and Steve

And Its Smith

41 minutes ago, RedDave said:

If you are reading Jon and Steve Lansdown:

Please realise if you give someone the model of selling their best players every season and expecting them to improve you have to expect the odd bump in the road.  The task set before Lee is a very difficult one.  Please keep the faith. He has credit in the bank for what he has achieved thus far. It is LJ that has raised fans expectations. Please don’t sack him for this blip.

This post is a crock of shit.

• Admin

Just imagine if there was a local manager with a track record of already getting three teams promoted from the championship to the premiership who is currently out of work and has publicly stated he'd like one more job until the end of the season 

47 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Please realise if you give someone the model of selling their best players every season and expecting them to improve you have to expect the odd bump in the road.  The task set before Lee is a very difficult one.  Please keep the faith. He has credit in the bank for what he has achieved thus far. It is LJ that has raised fans expectations. Please don’t sack him for this blip.

Who are you? Lee's Mum? 

Bit desperate. 

I could not agree less with the OP!

This is the only time SL can possibly make a change and make it count between now and May. If people don't think that SL and MA have not looked around at who is available you are dreaming.

Also was Nkethia waiting to see the result before committing to us. We will know soon!

6 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

So you're basically saying that we only sold Flint, Reid, Kelly and Webster because MA is at the club. Nobody would have bought those players without him? Are you serious? LJ has t has any influence at all? It's all MA? 

I’m saying we only made the money we did because of Ashton, we wouldn’t of got anywhere near the cash we raked in without me,

and it’s not me saying it it’s Johnson, he is on record in an interview after another poor performance and defeat to Shrewsbury 

20 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The bloke put in £10m of his own cash the other week and that’s how his Manager repays him when the prospect of a significant financial carrot is dangled.

Could be wrong but I think that Lansdown will be furious about this. Doesn’t mean a sacking is imminent but Johnson’s apparent invincibility would have taken a big dent tonight.

'Tis a strange season.

In fairness to Lj, most of his plans went out of the window with a series of injuries to key players through the first half of the season, However, despite this, and poor performances, we did  well to keep getting results to see us at the top end of the table. At this point I am sure SL would have felt like many of us, i.e. when players are back from injury we looked forward to seeing a stronger team, better performances and consolidating our position in the top 6. That feeling would have been reinforced with great performances against Huddersfield and Fulham.

At this point, just when we al looked forward to things getting better, we just dropped off a cliff, culminating in the 2 games against Shrewsbury.

Despite this, we still sit just 1 point off the play off places, which must causeSL a dilemma if he is thinking about LJ's position. This time last season we went on a 6 game winning run, and a similar run now would transform the season? However, while I have been broadly supportive of LJ over the last 3/4 years and the club's long term project, this season somehow feels different. These last 6 weeks have started to feel like LJ might just be getting to the point where he has taken us as far as he can - how many of us really think LJ is capable of taking us on a long winning run this time around?. Missing out on Liverpool will be annoying ( putting it mildly!) to SL, not just because of the prestige of the European and World champions coming to the Gate but also the loss of a very big pay day. The recent run, tonight's result and if SL is starting to think that LJ  cant take us any further and crucially if there is an alternative manager/coach in mind, then SL might surprise us.

On balance I think that SL will more than likely give LJ until the end of the season to see if he can turn things around, get us into the play offs and maintain the year on year progress he's achieved the far. The one thing SL will have that most of us won't have is knowing how players and staff are feeling - ido they still have confidence in LJ etc? That could be the decisive factor.

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

'Tis a strange season.

In fairness to Lj, most of his plans went out of the window with a series of injuries to key players through the first half of the season, However, despite this, and poor performances, we did  well to keep getting results to see us at the top end of the table. At this point I am sure SL would have felt like many of us, i.e. when players are back from injury we looked forward to seeing a stronger team, better performances and consolidating our position in the top 6. That feeling would have been reinforced with great performances against Huddersfield and Fulham.

At this point, just when we al looked forward to things getting better, we just dropped off a cliff, culminating in the 2 games against Shrewsbury.

Despite this, we still sit just 1 point off the play off places, which must causeSL a dilemma if he is thinking about LJ's position. This time last season we went on a 6 game winning run, and a similar run now would transform the season? However, while I have been broadly supportive of LJ over the last 3/4 years and the club's long term project, this season somehow feels different. These last 6 weeks have started to feel like LJ might just be getting to the point where he has taken us as far as he can - how many of us really think LJ is capable of taking us on a long winning run this time around?. Missing out on Liverpool will be annoying ( putting it mildly!) to SL, not just because of the prestige of the European and World champions coming to the Gate but also the loss of a very big pay day. The recent run, tonight's result and if SL is starting to think that LJ  cant take us any further and crucially if there is an alternative manager/coach in mind, then SL might surprise us.

On balance I think that SL will more than likely give LJ until the end of the season to see if he can turn things around, get us into the play offs and maintain the year on year progress he's achieved the far. The one thing SL will have that most of us won't have is knowing how players and staff are feeling - ido they still have confidence in LJ etc? That could be the decisive factor.

LJ has proven what he is capable of. Most people do after 4 years in a job. He's done OK. Well done Lee. We've had some great times. 

Nothing wrong with moving on and aspiring to greater things. There's nothing written in stone that says LJ has more to offer. He may already have exceeded his own expectation. 

Fear makes people do nothing sometimes. SL is at risk of being happy with the status quo. 

He might be rich, but I've never been convinced he really knows what he's doing when it comes to footy acumen. 

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

LJ has proven what he is capable of. Most people do after 4 years in a job. He's done OK. Well done Lee. We've had some great times. 

Nothing wrong with moving on and aspiring to greater things. There's nothing written in stone that says LJ has more to offer. He may already have exceeded his own expectation. 

Fear makes people do nothing sometimes. SL is at risk of being happy with the status quo. 

He might be rich, but I've never been convinced he really knows what he's doing when it comes to footy acumen. 

When he appointed LJ, I think, and can understand, that SL wanted a period of stability  as he had seen that chopping and changing managers after GJ left achieved nothing positive. It also coincided with the club's long term strategy for financial sustainability, which LJ bought into.

The issue now becomes the point at which stability needs to be sacrificed to avoid stagnation or even regression.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

I admire your positivity Dave but that tonight will not have gone down well with the board given what was at stake.

It won't prove terminal for him but it's another black mark when they come to examine the situation.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Oh ****.

Oh Jesus Christ.

We really are doomed.

48 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Just posted my thoughts and get a torrent back. Lovely forum this. Lovely people 

You knew what you were doing when you posted. I am not going to give anyone abuse for their views but reading between the lines you can see that your being a WUM. You went fishing and got some bites, don't complain after when some of them turn up with sharp teeth!!

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Just quickly popped in to see the justification from the usual suspects for the shambles we currently are after 4 years , 54 signings , no plan 

Its cringeworthy And nor for me atm mate

Hope you good

PS Is this Matty Taylor is God Poster actually Lees Godson ?

Welcome back Bob. It doesn't get any better. I'm ready to stop going to games permanently. We are going backwards in a hurry so he has to go now.

@Bob Bob Super Bob

51 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I could not agree less with the OP!

This is the only time SL can possibly make a change and make it count between now and May. If people don't think that SL and MA have not looked around at who is available you are dreaming.

Also was Nkethia waiting to see the result before committing to us. We will know soon!

You're actually suggesting Nketiah's decision could be solely based and swung, on us beating Shrews and potentially playing Liverpool in a cup game ?

6 minutes ago, ryanj said:

You're actually suggesting Nketiah's decision could be solely based and swung, on us beating Shrews and potentially playing Liverpool in a cup game ?

You added the solely!

But if you don't think he is thinking oh **** no big game then, tonight, you are sorely mistaken

35 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Welcome back Bob. It doesn't get any better. I'm ready to stop going to games permanently. We are going backwards in a hurry so he has to go now.

%100

With SLs backing financially We are missing out on an opportunity of a generation atm,  with a very average Championship with many sides in a mess,   under our golden child who’s looks like he’s been given a Gold edition of football manager

The whole idea of sticking with Johnson was we would benefit from the plan and the stability

The reality is we are a playing shambles atm with a shed full of tools assembled by the head coach who clearly hasn’t a clue how to use or blend them 

He’s the man who plans to make his wife her favourite Lamb casserole for her bitrthday - he’s read all those books and watched masterchef,  as he tells her , he’s on top of it  .........goes to Tesco , whilst looking for some vegetables .........sees the haddock looks nice ......ohh...and there’s some nice marmalade on on offer........ too difficult to resist ....mmmmm I see there’s some Jaffa cakes ....mmm.......la li la........ eventually hes blown his budget & gets home and empties his shopping on the counter ........2 pieces of haddock , a Large jar of Branston pickle  , a tomato , some carrots, 2 packets of Jaffa Cakes  and , 3 jars of the same marmalade

Scratching his chin he wonders how he’s going to make his lamb casserole , but will give it a go anyway , and he’ll think up something to explain to the wife

4 years on , 54 signings (Averaging 12.5 a season !!) and a massive squad to play with and he has the audacity to say we lack height and physicality in the squad , that we need more forward power , we need this , we need that , -

WTF - ITS YOUR F******G SQUAD MISTER

His blind clan point to year on year progress - My pertinent response & question would be , with the backing he’s had where would any competent Championship manager have had us , and where would a good one have 

Well we aren’t , going anywhere soon , I still believe more likely eventually down rather than  up  IMHO under a floundering head coach who spouts more b*******t than I’ve ever seen from a manager / head coach,  and his two mates as rookie assistants

If as supporters we cringe at what he spouts , imagine being a player hearing it day in day out 

Some of the most turgid and frustrating football I’ve witnessed considering the tools he’s been allowed to assemble

Entertainment and enjoyment virtually nil

Weve had one hot spot of 3 months under him , in 4 years   -  when he the side picked itself due to injuries  

You bad man, :laugh: ?  - I’ve broken my rule about getting involved and posting 

Time to step back and brace for the journey to limp on 

Lets hope when the inevitable happens the Clan don’t react WACO style ! ? 

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

%100

With SLs backing financially We are missing out on an opportunity of several decades with a very average Championship with many sides in a mess under our golden child who’s looks like he’s been given a Gold edition of football manager

The whole idea of sticking with Johnson was we would benefit from the plan and the stability

The reality is we are a playing shambles atm with a shed full of tools assembled by the head coach who clearly hasn’t a clue how to use or blend them 

He’s the man who plans to make his wife her favourite Lamb casserole for her bitrthday - he’s read all those books and watched masterchef,  as he tells her , he’s on top of it  .........goes to Tesco , whilst looking for some vegetables .........sees the haddock looks nice ......ohh...and there’s some nice marmalade on on offer........ too difficult to resist ....mmmmm I see there’s some Jaffa cakes ....mmm.......la li la........ eventually hes blown his budget & gets home and empties his shopping on the counter ........2 pieces of haddock , a Large jar of Branston pickle  , a tomato , some carrots, 2 packets of Jaffa Cakes  and , 3 jars of the same marmalade

Scratching his chin he wonders how he’s going to make his lamb casserole , but will give it a go anyway , and he’ll think up something to explain to the wife

4 years on , 54 signings (Averaging 12.5 a season !!) and a massive squad to play with and he has the audacity to say we lack height and physicality in the squad , that we need more forward power , we need this , we need that , -

His blind clan point to year on year progress - My pertinent response & question would be , with the backing he’s had where would any competent Championship manager have had us , and where would a good one have 

Well we aren’t , and never will IMHO under a floundering head coach who spouts more b*******t than I’ve ever seen from a manager / head coach,  and his two mates as rookie assistants

If as supporters we cringe at what he spouts , imagine being a player hearing it day in day out 

Some of the most turgid and frustrating football I’ve witnessed considering the tools he’s been allowed to assemble

Entertainment and enjoyment virtually nil

Weve had one hot spot of 3 months under him , in 4 years   -  when he the side picked itself due to injuries  

You bad man, :laugh: ?  - I’ve broken my rule about getting involved and posting 

Time to step back and brace for the journey to limp on 

Lets hope when the inevitable happens the Clan don’t react WACO style ! ? 

Marmalade very apt, he's been a jammy b****rd in keeping his job for sure.

26 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

24 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

You added the solely!

But if you don't think he is thinking oh **** no big game then, tonight, you are sorely mistaken

Ok, 

I personally don't think tonight's result will have affected his decision if he signs though.

Thanks for telling me that I'm mistaken though, just for having a different opinion on something to yours ?

1 minute ago, ryanj said:

Ok, 

I personally don't think tonight's result will have affected his decision if he signs though.

Thanks for telling me that I'm mistaken though, just for having a different opinion on something to yours ?

What are you on about. You put laugh emojis on your reply to my original post, mis quoted me and I explained. 

Grow up son!

1 hour ago, Badger08 said:

Millions of pounds haha. Have you forgotten the money he made on Webster, Flint, Reid, Kelly? Or does that suit YOUR agenda? How much do you think sacking a manager, paying up contracts and hiring a new manager will cost? More than the Liverpool game that's for sure. Not forgetting all the players they will want to sign because it isn't "his side", changing of backroom staff, blah, blah, blah. 

You are wrong. Johnson inherited Kelly Reid Flint Bryan and Pack.

The only significant transfer profit by Johnson is Webster and most of that has either already been or will be wasted on losses on other players.

48 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

With SLs backing financially We are missing out on an opportunity of a generation atm,  with a very average Championship with many sides in a mess,   under our golden child who’s looks like he’s been given a Gold edition of football manager

Great post Bob I’ve left in what I think are the key points. Johnson isn’t a leader, never will be, its a rare talent and Johnson simply doesn’t have it

Archived