IGNORED

Keep the faith Jon and Steve

And Its Smith

19 minutes ago, NickJ said:

You are wrong. Johnson inherited Kelly Reid Flint Bryan and Pack.

The only significant transfer profit by Johnson is Webster and most of that has either already been or will be wasted on losses on other players.

Precisely. It was Cotts recuitment that yielded the most funds for little lee lets not forget that.

5 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Millions of pounds haha. Have you forgotten the money he made on Webster, Flint, Reid, Kelly? Or does that suit YOUR agenda? How much do you think sacking a manager, paying up contracts and hiring a new manager will cost? More than the Liverpool game that's for sure. Not forgetting all the players they will want to sign because it isn't "his side", changing of backroom staff, blah, blah, blah. 

I was literally the one saying we need money, so not sure where you have fabricated that utter shit from? You have seen our accounts yes? We have spent all the Webster money and then some, we only made a profit for the first time in God knows how long as the Kelly sale was made early enough to be in the previous seasons accounts, so unless we sell players for massive fees early in the summer again we are looking at losses for this season that this club has never seen the like of before, so you are happy with that then? As we don't need to comply with FFP in your strange little world? 

And that money has been spent like no other manager has before, we spent 25+ million this summer. let's be honest, Johnson and his coaching team are not big names in football management so will be on comparatively **** all in terms of wages so it won't cost huge amounts, and the whole point of our set up is to allow continuity of style between managers, meaning not having to bring in a new squad when the manager is changed. 

5 hours ago, collier said:

You knew what you were doing when you posted. I am not going to give anyone abuse for their views but reading between the lines you can see that your being a WUM. You went fishing and got some bites, don't complain after when some of them turn up with sharp teeth!!

So one person posts to stick with our manager and you come out with this! ?

Incredible.

I am pretty sure he just wants us to keep LJ. That's a fair opinion. Can't see him being rude to anyone.

4 hours ago, SX227 said:

Red Dave in 'if I post contentious shite I get my likes count up'  shocker.

Admins really should have the neg emojis knock 1 OFF your post like count.

You still reel them in Davey boy.  ?

Someone's jealous of all that attention! ?

In all seriousness it seems Reddave has supported LJ and is just posting a positive opinion of him.

There are positive things about what he has done for this club imo.

I agree at the moment it is not very good. But I believe stick with LJ for now. Let's see how it goes from now till the end of the season at least.

After going to watch that garbage last night I’m going into work today pissed off and tired...complete waste of an evening... if Johnson and the players can’t get themselves motivated for a potential tie at home with Liverpool then there’s no hope...The lad that served us in the fish and chip shop had more motivation than that lot

Pathetic

6 hours ago, bris red said:

Precisely. It was Cotts recuitment that yielded the most funds for little lee lets not forget that.

I’ve just woken up so brain might not be functioning, but based on those parameters the main significant profit from a Cotterill signing was Kodjia? 

Are there others you’re thinking of that I’ve missed?

7 hours ago, collier said:

You knew what you were doing when you posted. I am not going to give anyone abuse for their views but reading between the lines you can see that your being a WUM. You went fishing and got some bites, don't complain after when some of them turn up with sharp teeth!!

Gave my honest view. No fishing here 

52 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

No I’m not actually.

just not fickle like you and actually appreciate the job LJ has done in the last 4 years rather than jump on his back at every opportunity just because I didn’t want him in the first place, I never liked him as a player or I don’t like the relationship the lansdowns and Johnson’s have.

yet the same old nonsense has come out your mouth. How can a man that has turned us from relegation candidates to a team that is pushing for the playoffs every season not have a plan? You ever thought that we have signed 54 players because the squad wasn’t big enough when he first took over and he’s had to replace star players every season because the premier league has came calling for them? Granted some signings haven’t worked out but you name a manager who every signing they have made have worked out.

are we in bad form at the moment? Yes but what’s wrong with getting behind your manager instead of calling for his head every single time. He’s turned it around after bad runs before which have been a lot worse than a losing streak of 4. 

Not even Manchester United fans in their current turmoil are acting like the majority of you lot and I think they a right to be more entitled that you lot. Find some of the comments on here quite pathetic. I hope in the next few months LJ turns it around and gets us in the playoffs. No doubt that won’t be enough for some of you that have a great sense of entitlement and a agenda.

'...fickle..jump on his back at every opportunity...didn't want him in the first place...never liked him as a player...entitlement...agenda...'

I'm afraid it's none of that. The chap is floundering - again! Let's face it he does it every year. He has all the tools and doesn't know how to use them. Comes right now and then, but it seems the more he has the less he knows what to do with them. Plain to see to many of us, has been since the massive dip in 2017-18. For all his bluff and bluster he lacks confidence, things happen, he doesn't have a plan. Time to get rid. Let him learn at another club.

9 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I’m not talking rubbish, you are johnson literally just said Ashton dealt with all the transfers,

it came out of his own mouth that means Ashton negotiated the sales, that also means Ashton made all the profit,

It's clearly a collective effort though. There's plenty of things to criticise LJ for but don't think this is one of them. 

9 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Stop with this financial boost. People are banging on about financial boost, then say they want to sack the manager. Do you think sacking the manager is free? Haha 

Paying up contracts, you want an upgrade manager, so more money on that. Money with new backroom staff. Money on new players that the new manager wants as this current squad isn't his.  Jesus

People would weigh up the longer term cost. Sacking Johnson would be viewed as speculating to accumulate. People wanting Johnson to go would think that sacking him now and bringing in a better manager would be a small cost in the long term if it led to promotion. 

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's clearly a collective effort though. There's plenty of things to criticise LJ for but don't think this is one of them. 

People would weigh up the longer term cost. Sacking Johnson would be viewed as speculating to accumulate. People wanting Johnson to go would think that sacking him now and bringing in a better manager would be a small cost in the long term if it led to promotion. 

Good points @Phileas Fogg

Although results have of course been woeful over the last couple of months; lots of other teams have gone through similar runs (Preston,Forest,Fulham etc).

I think the main difference with our situation is a lot to do with LJ's personality. Fans have just become tired of his chopping, and changing; bizarre selections, transfers and attempted humour.

Over time the same old sound bites start to really grate. The apparent lack of passion, determination; and emotional intelligence of the man come to the fore.

He seems to have run out of ideas at the moment, with regard to the team on the pitch. He's certainly run out of things to say in interviews. 

As others have said, if we hadn't played the two worst teams in the division recently; it would have been 8 losses in a row; and a cup home draw against a lower league team.

Whereas in the past, when we went on these awful runs; there was a core willing to support him; now I think that's been eroded.

SL won't get rid of him. Like a load of teams we are still in with a mathematical chance of the playoffs; and half way through the transfer window. We won't go down this season, but I would be amazed if we start next season with LJ in charge.

In the summer, when emotions have settled down, and a full review is done. I'm sure the hierarchy will recognise what changes need to be done.

6 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Good points @Phileas Fogg

Although results have of course been woeful over the last couple of months; lots of other teams have gone through similar runs (Preston,Forest,Fulham etc).

I think the main difference with our situation is a lot to do with LJ's personality. Fans have just become tired of his chopping, and changing; bizarre selections, transfers and attempted humour.

Over time the same old sound bites start to really grate. The apparent lack of passion, determination; and emotional intelligence of the man come to the fore.

He seems to have run out of ideas at the moment, with regard to the team on the pitch. He's certainly run out of things to say in interviews. 

As others have said, if we hadn't played the two worst teams in the division recently; it would have been 8 losses in a row; and a cup home draw against a lower league team.

Whereas in the past, when we went on these awful runs; there was a core willing to support him; now I think that's been eroded.

SL won't get rid of him. Like a load of teams we are still in with a mathematical chance of the playoffs; and half way through the transfer window. We won't go down this season, but I would be amazed if we start next season with LJ in charge.

In the summer, when emotions have settled down, and a full review is done. I'm sure the hierarchy will recognise what changes need to be done.

Agreed with all of that. 

I think whilst playoffs are possible SL won't get rid. 

I think he expects year on year improvement, and failure to make the playoffs might lead to his departure. I predict it'll be an amicable split though, done in a very professional manner. I think Johnson deserves that too, if it comes to it. He has always done his best and genuinely cares about the club as his father did.

Personally I'd be disappointed if we don't make the playoffs - I tried to align my expectations with what the board would realistically expect so also expect year on year improvement. Nketiah might genuinely be the difference, he has serious quality but we need to play to his strengths.

You'd hope the board would spend the next 6 months scouting potential new managers in the event they get rid; not just limiting our search to the UK. There's plenty of managers overseas who might do a great job who are more used to a set up like ours. It's worked really well elsewhere for other similar clubs. 

If we get rid right now we'd inevitably have to rush the appointment and could end up with a poor fit. It's a difficult one for the board. 

I don't think last night's defeat will have gone down well at all. It could well be his most costly defeat to date in the board's eyes.

Archived