IGNORED

BCFC CHOKING FOR BRISTOL SINCE 1980

REDOXO

Again and Again we have excuses. The fact is we are officially the biggest club never to have made it to The Premier League....We all know it!

However the choking since the Man U game has got to epidemic proportions....!

Tonight must have been as hard to take as it gets for the Lansdown family!

10 minutes ago, Selred said:

Well that was 2017, not 1980...

The point is it has got worse. We are now choking at all available opportunities, hence the comment about epidemic proportions!

We have never been promoted via the play offs and have been Champions once in over 60 years at any level. Its astounding really! 

This is why I take great offence to Lee's let's get in the play off comments. Firstly if we do get in the play offs then tonight has shown that our players would possibly bottle it. For the majority of those players, they many never get the chance to play a team like Liverpool at home in their careers and even with that they wasnt motivated enough to win a game against a league one side? That doesn't give me much confidence about their ability to win in the play offs. We have a very soft under belly. 

Each and every single player should have been fired up for that. We should have went all out to get a early goal but no, once again we set up to not lose and you cant really take that approach in a cup game.

Lee's interview after the game really bothered me, hes come across as if he doesn't care as the league is his focus. That may be done on purpose to protect the players but I wanted him to absolutely rage about the defeat, call the players out, tell the fans hes hurting just like them etc etc but there was none if that. Instead he was just trying to deflect attention away from the defeat.

Reminds me of when we played Rovers in the JPT and SODs comments after the game, where he went as far as praising the Rovers fans and then laid into ours. Different comments to LJ of course but both interviews gave me a feeling that the manager is out of touch with the fans and when that happens, it's only a matter of time before the end is nigh, as it was with SOD.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

This is why I take great offence to Lee's let's get in the play off comments. Firstly if we do get in the play offs then tonight has shown that our players would possibly bottle it. For the majority of those players, they many never get the chance to play a team like Liverpool at home in their careers and even with that they wasnt motivated enough to win a game against a league one side? That doesn't give me much confidence about their ability to win in the play offs. We have a very soft under belly. 

Each and every single player should have been fired up for that. We should have went all out to get a early goal but no, once again we set up to not lose and you cant really take that approach in a cup game.

Lee's interview after the game really bothered me, hes come across as if he doesn't care as the league is his focus. That may be done on purpose to protect the players but I wanted him to absolutely rage about the defeat, call the players out, tell the fans hes hurting just like them etc etc but there was none if that. Instead he was just trying to deflect attention away from the defeat.

Reminds me of when we played Rovers in the JPT and SODs comments after the game, where he went as far as praising the Rovers fans and then laid into ours. Different comments to LJ of course but both interviews gave me a feeling that the manager is out of touch with the fans and when that happens, it's only a matter of time before the end is nigh, as it was with SOD.

Agree. 

I suspect that Lee’s seeming antipathy is based on the fact his job relies on League position only. 

Don't think Sir Steve will be happy though, that’s a £1million as well as loads of PR flushed away.

Maybe the next Manager’s contract will have break clauses in about lucrative, high profile Cup matches as well as league positions.

3 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Agree. 

I suspect that Lee’s seeming antipathy is based on the fact his job relies on League position only. 

Don't think Sir Steve will be happy though, that’s a £1million as well as loads of PR flushed away.

Maybe the next Manager’s contract will have break clauses in about lucrative, high profile Cup matches as well as league positions.

Why? They don't normally.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Why? They don't normally.

Because a Club of our size and business model needs to generate funds from all available sources. 

We had an opportunity against a lower region League 1 side to hit the financial jackpot against the World Club Champions in front of a global audience of tens of millions and haven’t risen to the challenge. Not once, but twice. Those opportunities are rare and the Manager needs a clear message that these opportunities are to be grasped.

Archived