IGNORED

Match Report: Finally City pass again - but also pass up prize tie

Olé

16 hours ago, miketh2nd said:

Thanks for the right up, id love to see eliasson and paterson buzzing being fam , i like weimann but they just dont work as a pairing and at the moment i would say Fam is the on form striker who could play up top by himself . 

He is getting all the praise from opposing fans/radio presenters are very complimentary of him this season! 

Also hope we dont go 442 often this season , as unless we outscore the other team we are left far too exposed on the wings!! 

Not just the wings, it also often eaves teams at decent levels exposed in the centre,  especially if their manager wants to combine 4-4-2 with an open game!!

14 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Well you can’t argue with that then. We had great possession though so that’s a massive positive. The ‘Chuckle Brother’ tactic is vitally important when it comes to our identity on the pitch. 

Check the stats this year. 

We are NOT a possession first side. Weren't necessarily last year either but at home more so.

14 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

I’d say Williams 5, Nagy 4, Weinman (was he playing) 2 is more like it in my opinion. 

Passing range? Yes they found it if it’s defined as 5 or 10 yards across and back. If it’s forward incisive passes then I don’t think this lot has that in them. They didn’t display it last night. 

Third player in the centre makes it easier to create those angles, find that space, get that numerical advantage and build passing patterns and dominance.. Over time of course. How we set up on one hand, yet on the other how we play,  well there is a disconnect.

It can often leave our midfielders, centrally especially, exposed. 

By that 3rd player I DON'T class Palmer, Patterson or even though in the past he has been quite direct and able to run at the opposition, suitable in this role, currently O'Dowda as suitable for that third player to improve the passing, the positive mindset and perhaps the ability to take a risk or two more. 

Archived