IGNORED

Warnock til the end of the season

Up The City!

Warnock til the end of the season?  

566 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, BCFC Richard said:

I don’t care where we are in the league it’s the quality of football! How about we get Warnock in ?

I'm suggesting a short term fix until the end of the season and then we can go our separate ways and evaluate our options.

The football isnt going to be that great under LJ so no difference there. The biggest difference is that Warnock would get each and every single one of our players running through brick walls for him.

1 minute ago, bris red said:

It would be a yes from me. Like him or loathe him Warnock has done it time and time again at this level, something little Lee hasn’t done.

He would bring the whole club together, especially if everyone knew he was only here til the end of the season.

He has made no secret of his admiration of us and in particular SL. Hes likely retired now but I cant see him turning down one final shot of taking a club to the Prem. 

We are just outside the play off zone, he knows this league better than any other manager, he knows how to get results. He would get us into the play offs without a doubt and in the actual play offs who knows what could happen.

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I'm suggesting a short term fix until the end of the season and then we can go our separate ways and evaluate our options.

The football isnt going to be that great under LJ so no difference there. The biggest difference is that Warnock would get each and every single one of our players running through brick walls for him.

If the quality of football is not an issue to you how about giving the manager who has improved our league position every season he’s been and taken us from relegation candidates to to a team we expect to now make the playoffs until the end of the season? 

1 minute ago, BCFC Richard said:

If the quality of football is not an issue to you how about giving the manager who has improved our league position every season he’s been and taken us from relegation candidates to to a team we expect to now make the playoffs until the end of the season? 

He couldn't get the players fired up for a potential game against Liverpool. So please excuse me if I have serious doubts that he could get players fired up for the play offs.

7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

He couldn't get the players fired up for a potential game against Liverpool. So please excuse me if I have serious doubts that he could get players fired up for the play offs.

So ridiculous the comments on here. One game doesn't make a season! 

Me saying that I'm sure your immediate reaction is its not one game though! And it's not but when you take our games as a whole we are right in the mix. If you're not bothered by what has admittedly been inspiring football why change the manager? Overall in terms of results we're doing OK. 

3 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

So ridiculous the comments on here. One game doesn't make a season! 

Me saying that I'm sure your immediate reaction is its not one game though! And it's not but when you take our games as a whole we are right in the mix. If you're not bothered by what has admittedly been inspiring football why change the manager? Overall in terms of results we're doing OK. 

Because the whole atmosphere around the club is toxic at the moment. People are rightfully very angry after falling to beat a league one side over two games, and only scoring one goal in the process, especially with the prize that was on offer. 

Whilst Colin divides opinion, the one thing he will do in the short term is bring the whole club together. Hes good at doing that. 

I agree we are still in the mix but with the atmosphere the way it is, whilst many fans are against LJ, that's not an environment where success can flourish. 

He wouldnt come in here demanding 8 or 9 new signings either. He would work with what hes got. 

He also has a history of getting the best out of players like Palmer.

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Because the whole atmosphere around the club is toxic at the moment. People are rightfully very angry after falling to beat a league one side over two games, and only scoring one goal in the process, especially with the prize that was on offer. 

Whilst Colin divides opinion, the one thing he will do in the short term is bring the whole club together. Hes good at doing that. 

I agree we are still in the mix but with the atmosphere the way it is, whilst many fans are against LJ, that's not an environment where success can flourish. 

He wouldnt come in here demanding 8 or 9 new signings either. He would work with what hes got. 

If and it’s a big if the club are looking to replace Lee, then they need to replace him and have the new guy in position for the remainder of this season to evaluate the squad.

I don’t think we’ll make the play offs under Lee this season. 

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Because the whole atmosphere around the club is toxic at the moment. People are rightfully very angry after falling to beat a league one side over two games, and only scoring one goal in the process, especially with the prize that was on offer. - Toxic you say but for what reasons exactly? Hardly desperate times at the club isit? The Football is not great I get that, but WTF were the expectations from those who are calling for LJ’s head at the start of the season? Running away with the title the way some are ranting on! We along with the majority of teams are competing at the right end of a league where anyone can beat anyone and no team able to find a run of form to pull away at the top. We are up there competing what more do  people want?

I agree we are still in the mix but with the atmosphere the way it is, whilst many fans are against LJ, that's not an environment where success can flourish. - Again why the need for those creating such an atmosphere? We are in the mix as you point out, I don’t think those that like to do this at AG during a game have worked out that it’s doing us no favours at all so instead of booing or whatever they do how about trying to support the team on match days? It’s like a morgue most of the time and only tend to hear anything Is when they don’t like something they see, be it a miss placed pass or LJ’s subs. Getting behind them, singing chants and doing what supporters are meant to do and support their club tends to help.

- Here’s the reasons Colin would be no use to us in the slightest, we have a squad who like to try pass it around and play football (not great under LJ I know) something a Warnock side do not do, overall we have a very short (height) squad, so with our current squad Warnock's style would never work. As for getting the best out of Palmer, no chance mate, Tomlin? Reid? Didn’t do shit under him. Any player who’s good with the ball at their feet and can produce that bit of magic will do nothing in a Warnock team.

Be very careful what you wish for.

100% we’d finish in the bottom half of we appointed him now.

No. 

I may be in the Johnson out camp, but if we do replace him it has to be with a considered appointment to play the style of football that Johnson wants to play but can't for some strange reason. 

The club and Johnson have done so much work in building the culture of the club, the whole point of the way the club is set up starting with the work that SO'D did, is that we have a philosophy in the way we play that transcends individual managers and provides continuity when you do have to change manager. 

Bringing in Warnock throws that all out the window for me, the way we are playing now is like a Warnock side, so if we did bring him in, our season may pan out not differently than it will with LJ in charge, and if we make the top 6 (which we could anyway) realistically you have to offer him a longer contract for a year or two and then you have to sign his players and you throw away everything that many people have worked in thankless tasks to achieve over the last 5+ years. 

For the same reason I'm not certain I'd want Houghton. 

Look at Swansea, they for the longest time had a philosophy as a club in the way they played, they threw this in the bin at the altar of Premier league survival and its taken them until now to recover, by going back to what they do and playing football their way. 

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Any professional player worth his salt shouldn't have to rely on a manager or a coach to fire them up for any game. 

To be honest I’d take anyone. Part of me even wants to say I’d consider Pulis - that’s how bad it is. At least then if he talked about identity we’d all know what he was talking about rather than under the current regime. 

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

Warnocks style with our squad couldn’t be anymore of a miss match.

How about our squad with LJ style?

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

To be honest I’d take anyone. Part of me even wants to say I’d consider Pulis - that’s how bad it is. At least then if he talked about identity we’d all know what he was talking about rather than under the current regime. 

How about our squad with LJ style?

You must have a very short memory if you’d want Pulis anywhere near our club again. To me it’s plain and simple what LJ’s problem is, cut out all the chopping and changing every week, pick our strongest 11 and just stick to it, changing it like he does means we have no identity, style of play, or most importantly consistency.

Just now, BCFC11 said:

You must have a very short memory if you’d want Pulis anywhere near our club again. To me it’s plain and simple what LJ’s problem is, cut out all the chopping and changing every week, pick our strongest 11 and just stick to it, changing it like he does means we have no identity, style of play, or most importantly consistency.

It was tongue in cheek. Sort of.

And LJ played his strongest XI again a mid table league one side last night. Shots on target? 2. 

Archived