IGNORED

Lifting the Malaise - what is needed ahead of Saturday? Vote now!

LondonBristolian

What would make the biggest difference ahead of Barnsley?  

241 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

A bit of support 

I think actually our support is fairly decent really. 1300 there last night, very strong home attendances. 

I know there's plenty of hyperbole on this forum, but this is a place where people come to vent. Despite people trying to underplay it - I think secretly lots of our fans were very excited by the potential Liverpool tie. I certainly was. Obviously criticism of Johnson is going to be pretty intense on here immediately after last night's result. 

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think actually our support is fairly decent really. 1300 there last night, very strong home attendances. 

I know there's plenty of hyperbole on this forum, but this is a place where people come to vent. Despite people trying to underplay it - I think secretly lots of our fans were very excited by the potential Liverpool tie. I certainly was. Obviously criticism of Johnson is going to be pretty intense on here immediately after last night's result. 

"Venting" is exactly it. Obviously I was being a bit silly when I started this thread but I do think the mood around the club is quite low at the moment. We've lost to a league one team, our league form has dropped off, there are rumours of player discontent, the Nketiah saga is becoming a soap opera and  I think we really do need something to happen to give us a shot in the arm.

I think the Liverpool game was a real missed opportunity as it would have got people excited again and that might have turned the tide a bit in terms of our form and results and I do really think we need something to happen to bring a bit of a feelgood factor back. I still don't know if changing the manager is the right thing to do - it tends to give teams a short-term boost before they revert to the mean in form terms and I don't really know where our "mean" is - but I really think the club need to try and find a way to give fans and players alike a bit of a morale boost.

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

"Venting" is exactly it. Obviously I was being a bit silly when I started this thread but I do think the mood around the club is quite low at the moment. We've lost to a league one team, our league form has dropped off, there are rumours of player discontent, the Nketiah saga is becoming a soap opera and  I think we really do need something to happen to give us a shot in the arm.

I think the Liverpool game was a real missed opportunity as it would have got people excited again and that might have turned the tide a bit in terms of our form and results and I do really think we need something to happen to bring a bit of a feelgood factor back. I still don't know if changing the manager is the right thing to do - it tends to give teams a short-term boost before they revert to the mean in form terms and I don't really know where our "mean" is - but I really think the club need to try and find a way to give fans and players alike a bit of a morale boost.

Exactly. If I remember correctly, wasn't our form a bit sticky going into United? I know we were doing well overall at the time, but it felt like we were stalling and we lost against Wolves a few days after. 

Playing them at home (especially because we won) was amazing though. Possibly my highlight of the decade. Games like that are huge for the club and it's a terrible shame we aren't playing them. Happy for Shrewsbury though, they deserve it. The best team won over 2 legs.

I don't know if Nketiah alone will be enough. We need to sign him today, win comfortably at the weekend him scoring. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Away support is big and loud. Good away results.

Home support is big and quiet and can be quite negative. Poor home results.  

Its not all down to support but the home atmosphere hinders us 

37 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Let’s ignore the fact that we are set up to play “on the break” home and away and are unable to change that unless we are playing the absolute dross in the league....

It’s the supporters??

45 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Whether you think its good, bad or indifferent, please do not apportion any blame on the support for the absolute dreadful home form and performances over the past 18 months

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Apologies in advance for this. Weird mood today. 

Don’t apologise . It’s lifted my mood . Late trip back from Shrewsbury and feels like I’m hungover but when that happens I tend to have food memories of the night before - however I don’t for last night which is doubly worse .. hence why I also voted for Shrewsbury being found they fielded an ineligible player ... 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

That is true. I think the away support go away with the mindset of being vociferous and supporting the team proactively. The home crowd go with the mindset of expecting us to win AND be entertained so support reactively.

The only times the home support raises it's game is when we're the underdog and/or it's a needle match.

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That is true. I think the away support go away with the mindset of being vociferous and supporting the team proactively. The home crowd go with the mindset of expecting us to win AND be entertained so support reactively.

The only times the home support raises it's game is when we're the underdog and/or it's a needle match.

Which in the main hasn't happened for a long long time has it.

I'm not even sure fans go automatically expecting a win, just to see the players set up to attack like most other home teams do.

City fans have been very very patient for decades, and crave success. That isn't going to happen with the chess match then hoof mode served up, so to say (not you) that home atmosphere hinders the team is entirely the fault of the hierarchy, the coaches and to a lesser degree the players.

I can't persionally think of a club that would whoop it up if provided with the entertainment we have had for getting on for 2 years.

Fact is, City is easy to play against at AG because the coach thinks he's cleverer than his opposite number.

Archived