IGNORED

Rodri has left.

New Dazzler

12 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

The fact he came on in two games over Christmas ahead of Semenyo, when both results were already decided, was some more absolute genius decision making from the eighth best coach in the world under the age of forty.

He was given too many chances. LJ out? 

17 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Just saw on my FB feed, seems like another one not really given a chance..not surprised though.

He wasn’t given enough chances. LJ out ?

3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Another amazing LJ signing, who was it he brought in last year, cant think of his name now? 

He was signed in the first place. LJ out ?

1 minute ago, Notbarrymanc said:

He was given too many chances. LJ out? 

I mean I’d think it was obvious why those minutes should have been given to a young lad who may become a first team player for the club in time rather than a bloke who was leaving in less than a month. 

But yeah you’re spot on with the second part. Well done.

Whether he was played too much or too little is a bit subjective but the end result is, predictably, that he's now gone anyway.

It's my view that those 151 league minutes he was given would've been better off given to the likes of Semenyo, Szmodics and Palmer.  And that we'd be better off trying to build some consistency in our team selection rather than just hoping to strike it lucky with a random guy nobody else wanted.

Free agent so could be signed outside of the window. It was a short term deal, he had a reasonable pedigree and experience. We were even shorter of players in that department at the time. If he made more of an impression [like Ashley Williams did] I'm sure his deal would have been extended. He didn't. No one knows how it will work out and sometimes you just don't get the rub of the green.

KP45 & Szmodics are different types of players.

Semenyo is raw and sadly has been unable to make the grade up at present.

Ashley Williams as an example, could have turned out to be a lumbering cart horse and a fish out of water but he hasn't and has actually turned out to be a master stroke. But let's not let that bit of genius recruitment & coaching stand in the way of some having another sideways swipe at LJ.

Archived