IGNORED

Rodri has left.

New Dazzler

3 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

I still don't get why we don't recall him,not a prolific goal scorer but an absolute pain in the arse for opposition defenders

Been reported that he's happy at Oxford and wants to stay there and City are happy with that.

54 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

The fact he came on in two games over Christmas ahead of Semenyo, when both results were already decided, was some more absolute genius decision making from the eighth best coach in the world under the age of forty.

Purely down to LJ hoping he would score and confirm that bringing him to Bristol was a good idea! The other side of the coin is Semenyo, bringing him on when the game is gone so he can say I told you so!

31 minutes ago, Roe said:

Maybe that was the intention but I think it's inexcusable.  The squad was too big as it was.

What, with all our in form strikers? Semenyo had had plenty of opportunities to impress, playing ahead of Diedhiou but failed to take his opportunity, Weimann never stays up top as a striker is expected to & that left who on the back of Afobe picking up a long term injury?

Palmer to play out of position while people we constantly moaning about square pegs in round holes? Or that prolific U18’s / U23’s striker that we don’t seemingly have?

Rodri came in on a short term contract on what I would assume was low wages to give us cover while offering a bit of experience, it was a low risk move. Semenyo has been linked with loan moves during this month, maybe the decision was taken to not put him into any first team action at the risk of damaging his already fragile confidence with the supporters already in an aggressive mood, so he was being protected?

Like I said, maybe if Semenyo, Palmer or Szmodics had performed in training / U23 games they would of been given more chances.

16 minutes ago, Prinny said:

There's that absolutely incredible bit of strength, balance, and hold up play that he did right before the Palmer pass to Brownhill which effectively won us that game.

Then nothing else. At all.

But thanks for that.

If those 2 points are the difference to us making the play-offs and ultimately getting promotion (yeah right!) then his contribution will have been a vital one (along with any other players who have helped us pick up points of course!)

1 hour ago, New Dazzler said:

seems like another one not really given a chance..not surprised though.

He was signed as cover for the loss of Afobe and failed to impress during the cameos he got. To say he wasn’t given a chance is a ludicrous thing to say...................:cool2:

21 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Another, barely used, poorly scouted player. 

6 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Stupid signing. We’ll never see the next Bryan or Reid able to make mistakes, grow then flourish if we keep signing these dumb squad fillers. Squad fillers for a squad that doesn’t need filling. 

Extremely harsh.

Afobe got injured AFTER transfer window closed - and he was the best of a bad bunch available on a Free transfer. And he was used at 4th choice striker until the transfer window opened.

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Semenyo is hardly a fox in the box and Szmodics is , apparently, a number ten so no conflict there.

Incidentally I think Rodri looked decent.

:dunno:

Which goes with my point of square pegs in round holes, they’ve had plenty of chances to impress during training / U23 games but I would guess that they hadn’t.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I barely noticed him when he was playing.

We all see the game differently I guess.

He had a hand in at least one goal with his hold up play .

Had an unlucky goal disallowed for an offside by another player.

He had two overhead shots saved .

That’s just off the top of my head.

He looked neat , quick and surprisingly strong for his size.

To me he would have scored as many as Weimann or Famaral if he started as many as either of those two.

He wasn’t here long enough to get settled but all this is my opinion. I am not a professional coach . 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Another signing where we shake our head and ask "why were they signed?"

Really?

You cant work out while Rodri was signed?

'Kinell.

The signing was a perfectly sensible one. It didnt work out as well as we'd have hoped or liked, but that's what happens sometimes in football.

After the Afobe injury we needed an extra body as cover and outside of the transfer window the only options are free agents.

37 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Extremely harsh.

Afobe got injured AFTER transfer window closed - and he was the best of a bad bunch available on a Free transfer. And he was used at 4th choice striker until the transfer window opened.

People will moan about anything. 

The guy was available immediately, and was brought in to provide short term cover, which is exactly what he did. 

Plenty of legitimate reasons to criticise the club right now without resorting to this!

2 hours ago, bearded_red said:

I mean I’d think it was obvious why those minutes should have been given to a young lad who may become a first team player for the club in time rather than a bloke who was leaving in less than a month. 

But yeah you’re spot on with the second part. Well done.

I mean, I’d think it was obvious why those minutes weren’t given to Semenyo. He needs to go out on loan. 10 minutes in a game that was a forgone conclusion could jeopardise his future development if it scuppers this loan, or dents his confidence even further. 

Archived