IGNORED

Leeds leeds are falling apart again

Alan Dicks

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

The game was yesterday wasn't it ?

I remember a game at AG when City played Leeds in the quarter final of the youth cup and there were over 10,000 in attendance. Gerry Gow and Keith Fear in the team. 

Yep, I edited my post to reflect that, just before you jumped in ... does it matter when it was?! 1,400 to an U-18s away game - incredible ...

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, I edited my post to reflect that, just before you jumped in ... does it matter when it was?! 1,400 to an U-18s away game - incredible ...

10,000 plus for an u-18s game is incredible.

Edit: you are quick enough to correct others - you should expect the same

44 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

The game was yesterday wasn't it ?

I remember a game at AG when City played Leeds in the quarter final of the youth cup and there were over 10,000 in attendance. Gerry Gow and Keith Fear in the team. 

I was there.

And then there was also the semi-final against Spurs - the first time I had watched a game at Ashton Gate from the main stand.

28 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I was there.

And then there was also the semi-final against Spurs - the first time I had watched a game at Ashton Gate from the main stand.

I was there as well...

Beat Leeds 1-0.

In the semi-final, IIRC Spurs captain was Steve Perryman who was also captain of the Spurs first team (I may be confusing that with the year before/after - long time ago). 

City team included Dave Rodgers, Dave Bruton, Gerry Gow, Steve Richie (Toms younger brother), Billy Menmuir, Robin Fry, Keith Fear, Kevin Griffin. All of those went on to play league football for City and others. 

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Leeds took 1,400 fans to Old Trafford yesterday for an U-18s fixture vs Man Yoo - ******’ unbelievable - whatever you say about that club, their support is amazing ...

Hmmm, what people don't take in to account is that the numbers include an assorted array of Whippets, Ferrets and Pigeons. So probably closer to about 300 humans.

9 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

Lived in Leeds for a few years. Like Newcastle, their fans are no more or less passionate  than ours. V big city mind, and you can’t overstate the importance of only having one team which the whole city gets behind.

This is exactly it, throw Wolverhampton, Sunderland & Pompey into the same pot as well, the whole City are massively behind their clubs whereas Bristol is frightened to death to show any allegencies, if only Rovers would of stayed in Bath!!!! 

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Tin hat on, but that's only because they wouldn't give us more tickets. The ones we had went in half an hour. Sometime things like this gain a momentum beyond all relevance to the actual game.

When we played Man Utd in the final  in the 1992-3 season (an awful one for the first team who finished 2 points above relegation from the Premier League having won the old Division One the season before) there were 30,562 at OT in the first leg. Out of nowhere there was a push to beat that crowd for the second leg. There were queues a mile long outside and in the end we squeezed 31,047 in, AND won the match. There were only three league crowds higher, although the East Stand was being redeveloped thus cutting capacity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Youth_Cup_Finals_of_the_1990s

What a team that Man Utd was, to be fair. They certainly ended up losing the battle but winning the war!

Leeds fans spaffing themselves that they took fans to a youth game. 
They think this makes them a superior fan base, but in fact all it does is highlight the chasm that now exists between them and Man U. 
Man U fans not bothered, Leeds fans highly bothered and getting their ‘selfies’ at Old Trafford. 
Ha ha, actually makes Leeds look a bit tinpot if you ask me. 
Their biggest rivalry and their rivals don’t give a toss. 
As I saw one Man U fan reply on twitter - let’s have a look at average attendances over the last 50 years and see who’s got the bigger fanbase. 

43 minutes ago, Harry said:

Leeds fans spaffing themselves that they took fans to a youth game. 
They think this makes them a superior fan base, but in fact all it does is highlight the chasm that now exists between them and Man U. 
Man U fans not bothered, Leeds fans highly bothered and getting their ‘selfies’ at Old Trafford. 
Ha ha, actually makes Leeds look a bit tinpot if you ask me. 
Their biggest rivalry and their rivals don’t give a toss. 
As I saw one Man U fan reply on twitter - let’s have a look at average attendances over the last 50 years and see who’s got the bigger fanbase. 

It's a pointless argument isn't it?

Couldn't agree more. It would be nice if we actually played them properly twice a season.

But to be fair (hard, I know) it was a City fan who raised it above (I think) and it was the media that jumped on it.

As a separate point (and so far removed from the original post, I accept) being a one club city isn't actually a positive driver in attendances. After all when you go to school and play parks football who do you have to have banter with? What drives the family divisions? What fuels the fires of rivalry? We've played Bradford and Huddersfield so rarely that the seeds of those divisions are hardly sown.

Add the fact that Leeds has always had good support for Rugby League and it's not as straightforwards as it seems.

2 hours ago, SR1 said:

It's a pointless argument isn't it?

Couldn't agree more. It would be nice if we actually played them properly twice a season.

But to be fair (hard, I know) it was a City fan who raised it above (I think) and it was the media that jumped on it.

Dunno about that mate. Plenty of Leeds fans all over twitter with crusty underwear this morning after spaffing in their pants about it. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Dunno about that mate. Plenty of Leeds fans all over twitter with crusty underwear this morning after spaffing in their pants about it. 

It's a free world?.

If they'd started a thread on OTIB , or bragged about it in your direct face then agreed, but every team does a bit of bragging etc.

Archived