Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Alan Dicks

Leeds leeds are falling apart again

35 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Now remove the ds on the end of Leeds and you you have the perfect song for Saturday.

😂🤣😅

Lee Lee are falling apart again?

Image result for me fail english

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

36 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Now remove the ds on the end of Leeds and you you have the perfect song for Saturday.

😂🤣😅

Unless you take pride in the correct use of grammar, that is....or have a sense of humour....

1 minute ago, !james said:

Lee Lee are falling apart again?

Image result for me fail english

Great minds!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

😂🤣😅

Why didn't you post after the Wigan game?

• Like 1

I may want LJ out. 

But come matchday I'll support the team rain or shine. 

This is just. Childish. To be honest. 

• Like 2

Last 5 league games

West Brom - DDLDD - 4 points

Leeds - LDWDL - 5 points

City - LLWLW - 6 points

I wonder if Leeds & West Brom fans are clamouring for their manager to be dismissed?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Last 5 league games

Leeds - LDWDL - 5 points

City - LLWLW - 6 points

I wonder if Leeds & West Brom fans are clamouring for their manager to be dismissed?

No, because they're still playing well and are unfortunate. We are shocking. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tangle Foot said:

@alandicks What a moronic post! If there’s a horrible atmosphere doen the Gate on Saturday, I imagine you’ll be one of ‘em fuelling it 🤬

COYR.

You actually think he attends matches?

Keyboard warrior maybe, sat at home with a negative post primed and written, ready to post at the first sign of a problem...... any problem!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

Last 5 league games

Leeds - LDWDL - 5 points

City - LLWLW - 6 points

“There’s still life in this yet”

7 hours ago, Galley is our king said:

You actually think he attends matches?

Keyboard warrior maybe, sat at home with a negative post primed and written, ready to post at the first sign of a problem...... any problem!

So accurate. Not just of him though, sadly. Too many in here are like that, it seems. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

So accurate. Not just of him though, sadly. Too many in here are like that, it seems. 

If he doesn’t support the club whilst on the Internet, there’s no way he’ll be supporting them whilst watching them live.

• Like 3

On 15/01/2020 at 12:43, Alan Dicks said:

😂🤣😅

Brilliant. Where can I get tickets for your Edinburgh show? Although I guess it’s probably sold out already...

• Haha 1

Probably a 14yr old (I know we were all childish once) who surfs all other 90 clubs'forym where whingers surf. Only Liverpool won't have a forum dominated by negative types like we have. 

He/she is also obviously a child because our highest league position goes unsaid. For those of us over 14,we remember where our 'normal' / average position has been. 

On 15/01/2020 at 12:43, Alan Dicks said:

😂🤣😅

The particularly odd thing about this post, apart from the unfunny content, is that the OP is one of those strange people on here who almost seems to revel in the club doing badly.

This isn’t a well thought out critical analysis of Johnson’s transfers or making a case for why another manager would outperform Johnson with this squad. It’s just nonsense from someone that seems to be gleefully hoping things go badly for Lee Johnson. Such a strange mentality.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 4

I imagine that come Saturday this Alan Dicks character will be stood at the ground, arms raised to the heavens, laughing hystericaly as he sings "Lee... Lee are falling apart again" just before kick off. 

Should be quite a sight. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

I imagine that come Saturday this Alan Dicks character will be stood at the ground, arms raised to the heavens, laughing hystericaly as he sings "Lee... Lee are falling apart again" just before kick off. 

Should be quite a sight. 

If he can get his hands on Downsy's mic to do it that'd be great... It'll look fantastic on the big screens and even @Robbored will be able to appreciate the performance in the Dolman by virtue of lip-reading..  Look forward to it tremendously !  🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

Should be quite a sight. 

I went to a Leeds game a few years ago whilst visiting friends and joined in with the chants towards Wolves fans. I was singing YOU'RE SHIT and everyone else was singing YORKSHIRE.

What a prat !

• Haha 1

Leeds took 1,400 fans to Old Trafford yesterday for an U-18s fixture vs Man Yoo - ******’ unbelievable - whatever you say about that club, their support is amazing ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Leeds took 1,400 fans to Old Trafford today for an U-18s fixture vs Man Yoo - ******’ unbelievable - whatever you say about that club, their support is amazing ...

The game was yesterday wasn't it ?

I remember a game at AG when City played Leeds in the quarter final of the youth cup and there were over 10,000 in attendance. Gerry Gow and Keith Fear in the team. 

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I remember a game at AG when City played Leeds in the quarter final of the youth cup and there were over 10,000 in attendance. Gerry Gow and Keith Fear in the team. 

Yep, I edited my post to reflect that, just before you jumped in ... does it matter when it was?! 1,400 to an U-18s away game - incredible ...

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, I edited my post to reflect that, just before you jumped in ... does it matter when it was?! 1,400 to an U-18s away game - incredible ...

10,000 plus for an u-18s game is incredible.

Edit: you are quick enough to correct others - you should expect the same

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

10,000 plus for an u-18s game is incredible.

Edit: you are quick enough to correct others - you should expect the same

I realised my 24 hour error before you jumped in .... as you were ...

44 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I was there.

And then there was also the semi-final against Spurs - the first time I had watched a game at Ashton Gate from the main stand.

28 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I was there.

And then there was also the semi-final against Spurs - the first time I had watched a game at Ashton Gate from the main stand.

I was there as well...

Beat Leeds 1-0.

In the semi-final, IIRC Spurs captain was Steve Perryman who was also captain of the Spurs first team (I may be confusing that with the year before/after - long time ago). 

City team included Dave Rodgers, Dave Bruton, Gerry Gow, Steve Richie (Toms younger brother), Billy Menmuir, Robin Fry, Keith Fear, Kevin Griffin. All of those went on to play league football for City and others. 

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Leeds took 1,400 fans to Old Trafford yesterday for an U-18s fixture vs Man Yoo - ******’ unbelievable - whatever you say about that club, their support is amazing ...

Hmmm, what people don't take in to account is that the numbers include an assorted array of Whippets, Ferrets and Pigeons. So probably closer to about 300 humans.

• Haha 1

Lived in Leeds for a few years. Like Newcastle, their fans are no more or less passionate  than ours. V big city mind, and you can’t overstate the importance of only having one team which the whole city gets behind.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

Lived in Leeds for a few years. Like Newcastle, their fans are no more or less passionate  than ours. V big city mind, and you can’t overstate the importance of only having one team which the whole city gets behind.

This is exactly it, throw Wolverhampton, Sunderland & Pompey into the same pot as well, the whole City are massively behind their clubs whereas Bristol is frightened to death to show any allegencies, if only Rovers would of stayed in Bath!!!! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Tin hat on, but that's only because they wouldn't give us more tickets. The ones we had went in half an hour. Sometime things like this gain a momentum beyond all relevance to the actual game.

When we played Man Utd in the final  in the 1992-3 season (an awful one for the first team who finished 2 points above relegation from the Premier League having won the old Division One the season before) there were 30,562 at OT in the first leg. Out of nowhere there was a push to beat that crowd for the second leg. There were queues a mile long outside and in the end we squeezed 31,047 in, AND won the match. There were only three league crowds higher, although the East Stand was being redeveloped thus cutting capacity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Youth_Cup_Finals_of_the_1990s

What a team that Man Utd was, to be fair. They certainly ended up losing the battle but winning the war!

• Like 1

Leeds fans spaffing themselves that they took fans to a youth game. 
They think this makes them a superior fan base, but in fact all it does is highlight the chasm that now exists between them and Man U. 
Man U fans not bothered, Leeds fans highly bothered and getting their ‘selfies’ at Old Trafford. 
Ha ha, actually makes Leeds look a bit tinpot if you ask me. 
Their biggest rivalry and their rivals don’t give a toss. 
As I saw one Man U fan reply on twitter - let’s have a look at average attendances over the last 50 years and see who’s got the bigger fanbase. 

43 minutes ago, Harry said:

Leeds fans spaffing themselves that they took fans to a youth game. 
They think this makes them a superior fan base, but in fact all it does is highlight the chasm that now exists between them and Man U. 
Man U fans not bothered, Leeds fans highly bothered and getting their ‘selfies’ at Old Trafford. 
Ha ha, actually makes Leeds look a bit tinpot if you ask me. 
Their biggest rivalry and their rivals don’t give a toss. 
As I saw one Man U fan reply on twitter - let’s have a look at average attendances over the last 50 years and see who’s got the bigger fanbase. 

It's a pointless argument isn't it?

Couldn't agree more. It would be nice if we actually played them properly twice a season.

But to be fair (hard, I know) it was a City fan who raised it above (I think) and it was the media that jumped on it.

As a separate point (and so far removed from the original post, I accept) being a one club city isn't actually a positive driver in attendances. After all when you go to school and play parks football who do you have to have banter with? What drives the family divisions? What fuels the fires of rivalry? We've played Bradford and Huddersfield so rarely that the seeds of those divisions are hardly sown.

Add the fact that Leeds has always had good support for Rugby League and it's not as straightforwards as it seems.

2 hours ago, SR1 said:

It's a pointless argument isn't it?

Couldn't agree more. It would be nice if we actually played them properly twice a season.

But to be fair (hard, I know) it was a City fan who raised it above (I think) and it was the media that jumped on it.

Dunno about that mate. Plenty of Leeds fans all over twitter with crusty underwear this morning after spaffing in their pants about it. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Dunno about that mate. Plenty of Leeds fans all over twitter with crusty underwear this morning after spaffing in their pants about it. 

It's a free world😀.

If they'd started a thread on OTIB , or bragged about it in your direct face then agreed, but every team does a bit of bragging etc.