IGNORED

Baker

t_b

4 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Wasnt this time round tactical?! I thought LJ said he needed full back nearer centre backs at Derby. I reckon it was tactical and also a reasonable reason to get Webster back in the team. 

I thought someone on here had mentioned him feeling his hamstrings ? 

I am disappointed with Baker to be honest.

I just get the impression that he's not overcommitted to the cause.

As others have said when he came storming out against QPR and got red carded that showed his desire but since then he is a bit delicate.

I have never completely had confidence in the lad , like he doesn't really want to be a little Bristol City having come from the mighty Villa . 

Too often injured , unreliable.

I am waiting for the penny to drop and for him to fulfill his potential.

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

As others have said when he came storming out against QPR and got red carded that showed his desire but since then he is a bit delicate.

I have never completely had confidence in the lad , like he doesn't really want to be a little Bristol City having come from the mighty Villa . 

I'm sure he will when his contract is up for renewal.

LJ said calf problem and didn't want to risk him second half.

I think its more the player not wanting to risk it personally, there are far too many of these early substitutions to be just unlucky.

Offload in January or the summer imo.

I have to say I've never been a huge fan of Baker I just think he's a player who thinks he's something he's not and doesn't particularly lead or hold the line very well which is why him and flinty didn't get on too great he pulls the defence everywhere and as we know he's always got that rash challenge in him like Reading home last year. 

I like him, and I think he was our best defender for a large part of last season. Thing is, we have changed style, and play a lot more from the back and I'm not sure Baker is that comfortable with it. The first home game of the season, he didn't seem to want to receive the ball, it stood out to me and I mentioned it to a mate. Now compare that to Webster, even Kalas and Wright (when fit) they are all happy to bring the ball out and link play. 
If we are looking to bring in funds to do some dealing he would be one I'd look to move on, happy if he stays , but we have cover and he should command a reasonable fee.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Calf, hamstring, he was having a leg problem of some sort, seemed to be hobbling. So don't think it was tactical. We all said when we had him on loan that you could never rely on him as a regular in the side, the way he plays he'll always get injutpred or suspended. Agree with you Major, feel a lot happier when Webster lines up. That said, Baker has done OK the last 2 (well, 1.5) games.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I like him, and I think he was our best defender for a large part of last season. Thing is, we have changed style, and play a lot more from the back and I'm not sure Baker is that comfortable with it. The first home game of the season, he didn't seem to want to receive the ball, it stood out to me and I mentioned it to a mate. Now compare that to Webster, even Kalas and Wright (when fit) they are all happy to bring the ball out and link play. 
If we are looking to bring in funds to do some dealing he would be one I'd look to move on, happy if he stays , but we have cover and he should command a reasonable fee.

Villa certainly need a centre half. They're such a pushover in the market I'd back Mark Ashton to get £10m out of them. ?

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I know people will disagree, but it annoys me how he goes off so often. And even when he makes it through a game he makes key mistakes. Made so many this season and 2nd half of last season. I don't know how he gets away with it on here. Sell him in January or next summer please LJ. I prefer a number of centre backs we already have at the club, and that possibly even includes Pisano who was excellent against Plymouth and QPR in central defence. As a fan there is nothing worse than seeing a player who I think does not want to be out there. I was critical of Tomlin and Matthews for that reason, and I feel the same about Baker.

If I was trying to create some money to “trade” in January I would move Baker on.  He’s got value and he doesn’t start in our best back 4, plus we’ve got cover in Wright (Pisano too), plus could bring back Moore and / or Vyner.  If you had to sell to buy, Baker would be on my list.  Matty Taylor too.  Possibly Frankie.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If I was trying to create some money to “trade” in January I would move Baker on.  He’s got value and he doesn’t start in our best back 4, plus we’ve got cover in Wright (Pisano too), plus could bring back Moore and / or Vyner.  If you had to sell to buy, Baker would be on my list.  Matty Taylor too.  Possibly Frankie.

For what we are paying him, not his fault btw, are we getting the best value out of him for the amount of time he is available to us? It’s a no from me. Also I’m not finding myself, when he does get a game, saying ‘thank God he’s back’. 

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see us attracting bids for Taylor. Harsh on Frankie, but he has managed to see off several keepers and still remained here, but I think Maenpaa and Max might be beyond shifting for him now. He must be a good earner. 

If it was purely about raising funds by selling surplus players  I might be tempted to add Bailey Wright to the list too. 

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

For what we are paying him, not his fault btw, are we getting the best value out of him for the amount of time he is available to us? It’s a no from me. Also I’m not finding myself, when he does get a game, saying ‘thank God he’s back’. 

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see us attracting bids for Taylor. Harsh on Frankie, but he has managed to see off several keepers and still remained here, but I think Maenpaa and Max might be beyond shifting for him now. He must be a good earner. 

If it was purely about raising funds by selling surplus players  I might be tempted to add Bailey Wright to the list too. 

I’d want Bailey’s experience, versatility, physicality and leadership around.

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I am not sure he holds much value tbh. Best we could hope for in January with Baker is a loan imo. No way we sell him. I am not even convinced we could sell him in the summer. His injury record will put most teams off and lets face it, he doesn’t get into our side. Not sure many clubs below us could afford him. Honestly, he has probably been as big if not bigger waste than Lee Tomlin money wise. 

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I agree on moving him on but realistically who would be interested in a player with his wages & injury record? I don’t believe he holds much value at all and I struggle to see much potential interest.

I agree on Taylor & Fielding also. Take whatever we can get for those two.

iirc,even when we had him on loan playing the best ive seen him,he managed a while walking around in one of those fancy boots.hed be better on a pay per play contract thankfully the red mist moments of his game seem to be on the way out but these seem to be getting replaced with more injuries

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’d want Bailey’s experience, versatility, physicality and leadership around.

Good point, but it’s really difficult to call as we can’t see the list of players LJ and co are thinking about. There could be better and cheaper, more suitable options.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Good point, but it’s really difficult to call as we can’t see the list of players LJ and co are thinking about. There could be better and cheaper, more suitable options.

Absolutely. But then you have to move players on too. I think our squad is too big, but it’s a difficult balance though. 

I certainly wouldn’t be committing the extensions of Vyner or Moore until later in the window...just in case of injury. 

Probably same for Bakinson. Don’t agree a new loan deal until we know what our midfield cover is. 

He needs to go off because of his hamstring? Groin? Calf?.....only to have him back straight away in next fixture.

Images released today before game show him laughing joking hugging teammates.....yet he is too sick to play? Slightly odd?

I'm not saying he is faking it, I am questioning his mental strength.....

4 minutes ago, Lez said:

He needs to go off because of his hamstring? Groin? Calf?.....only to have him back straight away in next fixture.

Images released today before game show him laughing joking hugging teammates.....yet he is too sick to play? Slightly odd?

I'm not saying he is faking it, I am questioning his mental strength.....

Ever had a really bad cold that makes you feel awful? If so could you give your best playing at 100% for 90 minutes?

Archived