IGNORED

Baker

t_b

17 hours ago, petehinton said:

Saying ‘i’d rather just concentrate on players that are fit and can play’ seemed a bit dismissive and harsh, may have simply just meant it a flippant way as you say but seemed a bit of a dig at NB. 

Ah well, 3 points! 

He told LJ ten minutes before the teams were announced . Surely baker was ill when he got to the ground and should of told him then and seen the club doctor . I’d be pissed off as well leaving it so late. 

Why don’t we give him the benefit of doubt.  He came off v Swansea with an obvious injury (no matter the extent of it).  He sensibly didn’t make it worse.  He then was back for two important away games playing a full part in two good draws.  Had he played on he may have been out for weeks. 

Yesterday he was throwing up.  We don’t know why.

Moore and Williams were excellent.  What’s the problem?  He’ll have to wait his turn to get back in, especially with Kalas back after the break.

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Isn't that the point though? If he has got a bug and is "literally on his way out of the toilet having thrown his guts up" then the very last thing he should be doing is hugging a team mate. For one second, never mind 5. 

LJ really would have a reason to be annoyed if this week Bentley went down with the same bug. 

No, the point is we have no idea.

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Clearly has a holiday booked for the international break and didn't fancy picking up an injury which would spoil that.

you say that in jest but it does come across like that sometimes.  those 2 games in his loan season where he was hell bent on getting red carded were totally baffling

On 05/10/2019 at 17:29, petehinton said:

Think LJs comments about him earlier were pretty unnecessary imo. Especially for someone who’s been so strong for us so far this season 

Yeah, could have been kept in house and made me feel a bit uncomfortable to be honest. Just a tad unnecessary

Went off again last night with a mystery injury.

LJ had this to say;

How's Nathan Baker doing?

"Not good. He's hurt his groin. Again it's another injury from Bakes and it's disappointing how many times he's been injured over my tenure here.

And it's something we've got to look a bit deeper at."

The highlighted bit is interesting.

Is it me or is LJ saying his "injuries" aren't really enough to merit a substitution ?

If he's fit for Saturday then the answer is obvious.

To me that reads as if something has to be done about it. It's a problem LJ wants to fix.

Maybe Baker's squad role is going to be reduced even more. I read that as if they can't find an appropriate fix he'll be sold this summer. 

He's on a wedge too so it must be appealing to offload him 

3 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

Incident literally right in front of where I was stood. It looked so innocuous and surprised he required attention let alone go off.

I thought it was his head, possible concussion as Bentley etc were looking into his eyes, I thought to check he was ok. I'm hugely surprised to find out it its a groin injury, crap physio I would be ?

On 06/10/2019 at 13:02, Up The City! said:

Clearly has a holiday booked for the international break and didn't fancy picking up an injury which would spoil that.

Joking aside, I know the players need to rest up but why do they get to have yet another break (week away in the sun) when their international playing team mates are travelling and playing. Yes have a break from playing matches but they should be working and training whilst their team mates are away. Well that what I think anyway, why are they rewarded for not playing internationals?

19 minutes ago, RedM said:

I thought it was his head, possible concussion as Bentley etc were looking into his eyes, I thought to check he was ok. I'm hugely surprised to find out it its a groin injury, crap physio I would be ?

You should go straight to the groin if ever you’re in doubt.

Hey , what’s the worst that could happen ? 

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Went off again last night with a mystery injury.

LJ had this to say;

How's Nathan Baker doing?

"Not good. He's hurt his groin. Again it's another injury from Bakes and it's disappointing how many times he's been injured over my tenure here.

And it's something we've got to look a bit deeper at."

The highlighted bit is interesting.

Is it me or is LJ saying his "injuries" aren't really enough to merit a substitution ?

If he's fit for Saturday then the answer is obvious.

So he must have just realised he goes off injured all the time.

Otherwise why not look at it sooner 

7 hours ago, Sturny said:

To me that reads as if something has to be done about it. It's a problem LJ wants to fix.

Maybe Baker's squad role is going to be reduced even more. I read that as if they can't find an appropriate fix he'll be sold this summer. 

He's on a wedge too so it must be appealing to offload him 

Easy in principle, but what value when a club looks at his injury record ?  Easier said that done. 

I am curious and I am sure someone on the forum will have it at their finger tips, what was his injury record like at Villa ?  

This really saddens me as a big NB fan. Has barely put a foot wrong on the pitch this season, but time after time this injury thing raises its ugly head.

One of the biggest disappointments about last night was this. Hope he gets back real soon, and i cannot agree with the posts saying we ought to get rid.

Johnson, although clearly rightly frustrated, has acknowledged Baker's performances this season...  i really hope we can get the guy back out there and move on quickly.

Archived