IGNORED

Baker

t_b

7 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Went off again last night with a mystery injury.

LJ had this to say;

How's Nathan Baker doing?

"Not good. He's hurt his groin. Again it's another injury from Bakes and it's disappointing how many times he's been injured over my tenure here.

And it's something we've got to look a bit deeper at."

The highlighted bit is interesting.

Is it me or is LJ saying his "injuries" aren't really enough to merit a substitution ?

If he's fit for Saturday then the answer is obvious.

Or he's not being diagnosed properly by the physio team?  But seems to get injured way too often, centre half equivalent of Jack Wilshere....not made of teak like 'Psycho' Humphries or Shaun Taylor or more recently Flinty....

4 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Or he's not being diagnosed properly by the physio team?  But seems to get injured way too often, centre half equivalent of Jack Wilshere....not made of teak like 'Psycho' Humphries or Shaun Taylor or more recently Flinty....

and while we're at it, Louis himself was no knock over. Man of steel our Louis and always stuck his head where it hurt, boxer's nose, the lot.

legend

8 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Went off again last night with a mystery injury.

LJ had this to say;

How's Nathan Baker doing?

"Not good. He's hurt his groin. Again it's another injury from Bakes and it's disappointing how many times he's been injured over my tenure here.

And it's something we've got to look a bit deeper at."

The highlighted bit is interesting.

Is it me or is LJ saying his "injuries" aren't really enough to merit a substitution ?

If he's fit for Saturday then the answer is obvious.

Depends, he could be meaning looking at training and preparation , maybe he needs to start stretching certain muscles. Thats if all the injuries are muscle related, can't do much about knocks or contact problems , specially as he is a while hearted player. Doesn't pull out of a challenge too often, makes me think it isn't a mental thing, could just be unlucky. 
I've seen the stats of with and without Baker, quite telling. I would have Baker and Kalas ( who's injury record isn't great lately) as our starting partnership, I think we have to put up with missing players and hope for more luck.

45 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

This really saddens me as a big NB fan. Has barely put a foot wrong on the pitch this season, but time after time this injury thing raises its ugly head.

One of the biggest disappointments about last night was this. Hope he gets back real soon, and i cannot agree with the posts saying we ought to get rid.

Johnson, although clearly rightly frustrated, has acknowledged Baker's performances this season...  i really hope we can get the guy back out there and move on quickly.

Baker going off injured was a contributing factor to us losing, not the overriding factor but still a factor. We were then limited to two tactical subs, and who knows that could have made the difference. 

Serious questions have to be asked why he keeps going off injured when other players are able to play through it. 

It's like he feels a slight pain and then suddenly in his head he feels unable to carry on playing. Its bizarre because that is totally at odds with the type of player he is. Why this issue hasn't been explored previously I dont know. There is clearly some mental issues there surrounding injuries. 

I said this yesterday but I'll repeat myself, In a one off cup game, with such a huge prize at stake, on a heavy pitch LJ should not have risked starting with Baker. Should have started with Moore.

23 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

erious questions have to be asked why he keeps going off injured when other players are able to play through it. 

It's like he feels a slight pain and then suddenly in his head he feels unable to carry on playing. Its bizarre because that is totally at odds with the type of player he is. Why this issue hasn't been explored previously I dont know. There is clearly some mental issues there surrounding injuries

No idea what’s happened with me quote there but anyway....

last night was odd. Up for the ball. Their player goes down (I think) and then Baker is just on the floor. Physio comes on and he seems to decide from sitting that he’s done for and that’s it. He certainly doesn’t seem to get up and test anything out. All happened very stationary. Might be misremembering it. 

2 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

No idea what’s happened with me quote there but anyway....

last night was odd. Up for the ball. Their player goes down (I think) and then Baker is just on the floor. Physio comes on and he seems to decide from sitting that he’s done for and that’s it. He certainly doesn’t seem to get up and test anything out. All happened very stationary. Might be misremembering it. 

I said this before but no one replied so not sure if anyone remembers it.

There was an evening game when he was here on loan. A ball was played through and Baker quite literally turned his back to where the ball had gone and walked off the pitch and down the tunnel. The player went through on goal but didn't score.

One of the strangest things I've ever seen. I think he feels pain and that's it he's off.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I said this before but no one replied so not sure if anyone remembers it.

There was an evening game when he was here on loan. A ball was played through and Baker quite literally turned his back to where the ball had gone and walked off the pitch and down the tunnel. The player went through on goal but didn't score.

One of the strangest things I've ever seen. I think he feels pain and that's it he's off.

Those fractured eye lashes are really painful and require immediate treatment...

Back when he was on loan with us there was talk of him having a chronic back problem, and part of the reason why he didn’t last as a Prem player.  For anyone who’s had back issues, hamstrings and groins are commonly the things that pull.  Could be the case with Baker too.

Earlier this season he got chastised for coming off, missed a game and then was back.  Perhaps by coming off he saved himself from more damage.

Its always been a worry with Bakes, surprised LJ thinking about looking into it now!  I’m sure LJ frustrated last night.

16 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Baker going off injured was a contributing factor to us losing, not the overriding factor but still a factor. We were then limited to two tactical subs, and who knows that could have made the difference. 

Serious questions have to be asked why he keeps going off injured when other players are able to play through it. 

It's like he feels a slight pain and then suddenly in his head he feels unable to carry on playing. Its bizarre because that is totally at odds with the type of player he is. Why this issue hasn't been explored previously I dont know. There is clearly some mental issues there surrounding injuries. 

I said this yesterday but I'll repeat myself, In a one off cup game, with such a huge prize at stake, on a heavy pitch LJ should not have risked starting with Baker. Should have started with Moore.

I have the strong impression that Moore is carrying a "bad" injury.  He looked like he was running through treacle at Shrewsbury (plus spent half time warming up - I think it was him anyway?).

The only person on the pitch who was slower was Williams who I also think is carrying an injury.  This is my only explanation for him looking like a sprightly 29-yr old 6 weeks ago. To now, looking like an arthritic 49-yr old.

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Back when he was on loan with us there was talk of him having a chronic back problem, and part of the reason why he didn’t last as a Prem player.  For anyone who’s had back issues, hamstrings and groins are commonly the things that pull.  Could be the case with Baker too.

Earlier this season he got chastised for coming off, missed a game and then was back.  Perhaps by coming off he saved himself from more damage.

Its always been a worry with Bakes, surprised LJ thinking about looking into it now!  I’m sure LJ frustrated last night.

Back issues are hard to detect too, I read somewhere most places if they cant be arsed will just say my back hurts

34 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I have the strong impression that Moore is carrying a "bad" injury.  He looked like he was running through treacle at Shrewsbury (plus spent half time warming up - I think it was him anyway?).

The only person on the pitch who was slower was Williams who I also think is carrying an injury.  This is my only explanation for him looking like a sprightly 29-yr old 6 weeks ago. To now, looking like an arthritic 49-yr old.

Blimey we need a centre back don't we 

3 hours ago, Chivs said:

It was definitely him, because I remember thinking it was a bit odd at the time. Presumably because he'd had to come on quite quickly right near the end of the half.

Archived