IGNORED

Robins Audio Service. Poor value for money

Norn Iron

Question

Hi,

Until two years ago, to receive a legitimate commentary match we had to pay the annual fee to a company that handled all the EFL teams. The benefit of this was that we could also listen to other matches that didn't involve BCFC. For instance, there have been matches in the past that whoever won would affect City's chance of a promotion play-off. I would have listened to that game. Also, living here in Northern Ireland, there have been times when I wanted to listen to a Rovers match! All of the above were available until City decided to contract-out and provide the Radio Bristol feed themselves.

Here are my annoyances. First, we have had to pay the same annual subscription fee but without the bonus of being able to choose other matches. It's City or nothing.

Second, twice this season already the audio feed has been unavailable for up to 15 minutes. I missed the only goal as a consequence. The second time, we eventually got the TV commentary feed and not Radio Bristol's excellent service. Both times the broadcast failed,  I immediately emailed with a limited response. After the second time, I phoned BCFC the following Monday and spoke to a helpful gentleman, who informed me that there were no technical people available on the match day! What's more I was then given an email to the company now responsible with my concerns. I'm still waiting for a reply three months later.

The previous EFL system would give you extra week(s) credit should there be issues like the above. BCFC refuse to do this. 

My question is that as the current system is neither value for money nor as good as the previous  product, can BCFC rejoin the EFL Broadcasting Version next season please? If not, why not?

Looking forward to your response.

Many thanks.

1 answer to this question

Archived