IGNORED

Mid-season break : Reading away

headhunter

With the away game at Reading being postponed due to their ongoing cup commitments there is a 13 day gap before the away game at QPR.  Will LJ and his coaching team be taking the lads off to Dubai for a winter training camp in readiness for the final 18 game push for the play offs or will he allow them a natural break for family time or, for the single chaps, a week's holiday in the winter sun in Dubai, Cancun, Maldives etc etc.?

On 15/01/2020 at 14:07, headhunter said:

With the away game at Reading being postponed due to their ongoing cup commitments there is a 13 day gap before the away game at QPR.  Will LJ and his coaching team be taking the lads off to Dubai for a winter training camp in readiness for the final 18 game push for the play offs or will he allow them a natural break for family time or, for the single chaps, a week's holiday in the winter sun in Dubai, Cancun, Maldives etc etc.?

Instead of Dubai or similar they could go to Weston-Super-Mare. Added advantage of not adding to climate change and they could donate the money saved to the clubs sponsored charity. A few days training on Weston beach with the wind whipping across from Brean Down might toughen them up a bit. 

1 hour ago, Rich_s said:

Instead of Dubai or similar they could go to Weston-Super-Mare. Added advantage of not adding to climate change and they could donate the money saved to the clubs sponsored charity. A few days training on Weston beach with the wind whipping across from Brean Down might toughen them up a bit. 

Having been to both .....give me Weston over Dubai any day of the week and I'm being serious! 

On 15/01/2020 at 14:07, headhunter said:

That went well the last time......

2 hours ago, Rich_s said:

I remember the days when our players were made to run along Brean beach and then all the way up the steps and then all the way along and then back down.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Train station is about an hour walk to the ground according to Google. According to their website they do a match day bus

Yeah buses run from the station to the ground

The only ball ache is after the game with the walkways around the away end blocked so it's real hike back to the coach depot 

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Guess with 20:00 ko I’d struggle to make the 22:24 train to Taunton?

Personally @Taunton_BCFCI wouldn't chance it, I'd bet the game won't finish until near 10pm. You'll be lucky to even be on the bus by that time. 

When going before on a Saturday we've just made the 6pm train but usually we book on the 6:30pm

• Admin
3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I note that the train stops in Reading 'to pick up passengers only'.

Is that really true? I mean, are passengers actually forbidden from disembarking?

I believe it's because it's a sleeper service? 

Have seen it on a late train from Temple Meads to Weston on screens at nailsea and yatton the train is advertised as drop off only 

Archived