IGNORED

Do Italians not work days during the week?

Tipps69

I’ve noticed their cup quarter final matches kicking off throughout the day on weekdays, surely attendances are affected? I can’t imagine Premier League or EFL games kicking off at 1pm or even 3pm on a Tuesday or Wednesday, attendances would be massively down wouldn’t they?

4 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I’ve noticed their cup quarter final matches kicking off throughout the day on weekdays, surely attendances are affected? I can’t imagine Premier League or EFL games kicking off at 1pm or even 3pm on a Tuesday or Wednesday, attendances would be massively down wouldn’t they?

Remember half day closing on a Wednesday ( no idea if that's the reason)

24 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Coppa Italia is often snubbed by teams and by many supporters until the semifinals and games are broadcasted on national channels: I guess kicking offs depend on both aspects.

The commentators actually commented on how serious the clubs take it & how important the competition is to the supporters.

9 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

The commentators actually commented on how serious the clubs take it & how important the competition is to the supporters.

Italian sports journalists and commentators often talk bollocks. ? 

Obviously you can find exceptions. Anyway, the cup's structure doesn't help in raising interest.

4 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Italian sports journalists and commentators often talk bollocks. ? 

Obviously you can find exceptions. Anyway, the cup's structure doesn't help in raising interest.

Well these were BT Sports commentators, I think they were as Italian as Yorkshire puddings ?

Unless things have changed of late there was a time when Coppa Italia was as enthralling as the Freight Rover and like that tournament only drew crowds at the final/semi final stages and only then if the bigger sides were involved. I did an AC game once when in town on business and there can't have been more than 7k watching. Did their league game a few days later and it was capacity.

Wasn't there a game a few years ago when one fella from Parma bothered to turn up and he was the sole punter on the away terrace. The home fans made a huge thing of it, made him an honorary local, free merchandise, food and drink etc?

34 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Wasn't there a game a few years ago when one fella from Parma bothered to turn up and he was the sole punter on the away terrace. The home fans made a huge thing of it, made him an honorary local, free merchandise, food and drink etc?

Don't let the gasheads know there's free goodies if only one turns up!

19 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Unless things have changed of late there was a time when Coppa Italia was as enthralling as the Freight Rover and like that tournament only drew crowds at the final/semi final stages and only then if the bigger sides were involved. I did an AC game once when in town on business and there can't have been more than 7k watching. Did their league game a few days later and it was capacity.

Off to Milan for the weekend to watch AC Milan vs Udinese on Sunday. Cracking xmas present from the Mrs! Be good to visit the San Siro before it's knocked down.

Archived