IGNORED

10 year season ticket anyone.....?

Spoons

In the early 1980's when the club needed cash there & then, City offered a ten year season  ticket for £500. (Yes, five hundred).

Not  too many  fans took  up the offer though as there may not be a club in ten months, let alone ten years time.

Looking aside whether it's good or bad for fans or club, it raises- unless Revenue Recognition Rules allow it or disallow it already, a further question over FFP and Sheffield Wednesday.

I admire the chutzpah on one level! Or is it more a case of of a desperate, ridiculous scheme?

Can well see why the League have a serious issue with Chansiri- stadium aside, not technically against any laws and rules but constantly pushing the limit, in such a close to the line way, well the fact he has been charged though I believe it was specifically over the Hillsborough sale and leaseback, seems well deserved.

Revenue Recognition- would it literally be same as usual in P&L, income sources etc or would it be 10-15 years of ST money in one hit and then nothing thereafter?

Or would it be the case that it appears in Cash Flow and not P&L- or vice versa?

In addition, if they continue like this and if his transfer of shares in one of the Hong Kong based companies for Sheffield Wednesday to Mrs. Chansiri is an attempted workaround to pre-empt any ban then serious consideration should be given to suspension of them from the EFL IMO.

If you cannot remove the problem from the club, then you remove the club that is the problem from the competition- or you at least consider this. Precedent set with Steve Dale? Though he was much worse and so was that case- but I see on a low level, a certain potential precedent.

Archived