Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

ITK.....

10 year season ticket anyone.....?

Recommended Posts

From reading the details it seems like a great deal for fans... But a desperate one for the club.

  • The ten years don't start until the team get promoted to the Premier League.
  • Payment is for 10 years but it lasts for (at least) 15 years. Could last forever if they never get promoted.
  • Cheapest is £4,550 which works out at just over £303 per year over the (minimum of) 15 years.
  • Can sell each year of the ten (once promoted) back to the club for 10% of the total cost if you're that desperate. Keeping in mind the ticket lasts for 15 years so 10% puts you effectively in profit.

image.png.77e2c5431193397ee382520c8b9f3810.png

What don't people like about it other than the payment up-front part?

Edited by TBW
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

I'd get one if we did it. Could be a lifetime ticket for around £5k at this rate.

with the dire football you'd watch it would feel like it was worth £5  come mid season 21/22, 22/23, 23/24 and so on..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a massive stadium like that and loads of empty seats at every game, there’s massive potential for a club to be a little dodgy and to make up a load of names of phantom supporters that have bought these season tickets. The club would then show their a revenue on your balance sheet and it’ll be virtually impossible for the football financial regulators to work out if they actually exist. Meanwhile the football club can show millions of pounds worth of revenue and potentially avoid FFP penalties and points deductions. If you make up 300 names you can show £2,000,000 in revenue. When they don’t show up to watch games, no one will miss them because they were never there in the first place. Sneaky

Edited by Lord Northski
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

With a massive stadium like that and loads of empty seats at every game, there’s massive potential for a club to be a little dodgy and to make up a load of names of phantom supporters that have bought these season tickets. The club would then show their a revenue on your balance sheet and it’ll be virtually impossible for the football financial regulators to work out if they actually exist. Meanwhile the football club can show millions of pounds worth of revenue and potentially avoid FFP penalties and points deductions. If you make up 300 names you can show £2,000,000 in revenue. When they don’t show up to watch games, no one will miss them because they were never there in the first place. Sneaky

Much like our prawn sandwich seats who only turn up for the big games.

Whilst some poor sods are having to pay top dollar to sit in rows 1 and 2.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Much like our prawn sandwich seats who only turn up for the big games.

Whilst some poor sods are having to pay top dollar to sit in rows 1 and 2.

I’d say Steve has paid enough to attend the occasional game

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bristol Rugby (as was) did something similar not long before the redevelopment of AG it was called 20/20. I know because my buddy has one.

Its essentially a 20 year season ticket.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  @wendyredredrobin was not referring to SL, I sit in S19 and a lot of them are corporate guests, therefore referred to as Prawn Sandwich, personally I prefer Chicken Tikka 🤥

Edited by oldstandrobin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Bristol Rugby (as was) did something similar not long before the redevelopment of AG it was called 20/20. I know because my buddy has one.

Its essentially a 20 year season ticket.

20 year ST watching the City....beats a funeral plan at my age :ill:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope fairplay takes a look at it , run your club properly sheff weds...   sell some players to balance the books we will even get you started by taking bannan and reach of you 😜

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Bristol Rugby (as was) did something similar not long before the redevelopment of AG it was called 20/20. I know because my buddy has one.

Its essentially a 20 year season ticket.

Thought this started whilst they were still at the Memorial Ground and was then transferred to Ashton Gate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Thought this started whilst they were still at the Memorial Ground and was then transferred to Ashton Gate?

I really can’t remember when it started. I know he’s had it for several  years tho.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure I’ve seen something similar before, large short term cash injection followed by lower future income. The free years funded by Premiership revenue. 
From a fans point of view, a pretty good deal for the non fickle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TBW said:

From reading the details it seems like a great deal for fans... But a desperate one for the club.

  • The ten years don't start until the team get promoted to the Premier League.
  • Payment is for 10 years but it lasts for (at least) 15 years. Could last forever if they never get promoted.
  • Cheapest is £4,550 which works out at just over £303 per year over the (minimum of) 15 years.
  • Can sell each year of the ten (once promoted) back to the club for 10% of the total cost if you're that desperate. Keeping in mind the ticket lasts for 15 years so 10% puts you effectively in profit.

image.png.77e2c5431193397ee382520c8b9f3810.png

What don't people like about it other than the payment up-front part?

10-Year Season Ticket FAQs

In this easy to understand Q&A, we explain the key information regarding the 10-Year Season Ticket.

What is the 10-Year Season Ticket?

The 10-Year Season Ticket is an innovative offer that begins from the 2020/21 season. Whilst ever the club are outside of the Premier League the 10 years will not commence until the team are first promoted.  Thereafter, the 10 years then come into effect and continue until the end of the 10-year period, regardless of league status.

So it’s a 10-Year Season Ticket once the Owls are promoted to the Premier League?

Essentially yes, but with fantastic additional savings. The 10 years only start upon promotion, meaning any previous seasons are covered in the cost paid.

What if the club are not promoted in 10 years?

This makes no difference, there is no maximum to the numbers of years outside the Premier League. For example, if we achieve promotion in 15 years, those first 15 years are free and then the 10 years start to count down.

Do I pay more for seasons whilst we are not in the Premier League?

No, the seasons in the Championship are included in the package but the 10 years do not count down until promotion is first achieved.

What are the bonus years?

If we are promoted within the next five seasons, subscribers will receive further free years as follows:

Promoted in 2019/20 – five extra seasons (15 from promotion to the Premier League)

Promoted in 2020/21 – four extra seasons (14 from promotion to the Premier League, one in Championship)

Promoted in 2021/22 – three extra seasons (13 from promotion to the Premier League, two in Championship)

Promoted in 2022/23 -- two extra seasons (12 from promotion to the Premier League, three in Championship)

Promoted in 2023/24 - one extra season (11 from promotion to the Premier League, four in Championship))

Bonus years are additional to seasons prior to promotion already included in the price and no further fees are required.

What is the minimum number of years that could be included?

The minimum number is 15 years – should we achieve promotion prior to the end of 2023/24, subscribers will receive at least 15 years as part of the package.

Do I select my seat now?

No, you purchase your 10-Year Season Ticket and your supporter profile will recognise that you are a subscriber. While traditional Season Tickets are on sale you will have to the chance to claim your existing seat or select an available seat within your chosen stand. This process will follow each season.

Will I receive any other benefits?

All 10-Year Season Ticket holders will be classed as standard Season Ticket holders and will qualify for respective benefits accordingly.

Do I have to use the 10-Year Season Ticket myself?

No, you can transfer your ticket on a season by season basis with prior permission from the club.

Can I sell my seat back to the club for resale?

If you are unable to use your ticket, you can sell the respective year back to the club and we can sell on the seat. This will carry an administration fee depending on the area of the ground and the number of tickets sold back. Whilst in the Championship the price would be based on a 10th of the fee paid (eg £4,550/10 = £455) and in the Premier League, the cost will depend on the price at that time.

Can I buy more than one 10-Year Season Ticket?

Yes, you can buy as many as you like, which will allow you to take advantage of selling your seat back to the club each season should you wish to do so.

I have already purchased a Club 1867 Membership or a previous Multi-Year scheme but am still interested in buying? 

Existing packages are still active and cannot be refunded. However, you are still able to buy a 10-Year Season Ticket alongside your existing purchase and the tickets can be transferred to another name or resold back to the club as outlined above.

Who is this offer applicable for?

Anybody can purchase a 10-Year Season Ticket either as an individual or a business. There is just one age band applicable which is the adult rate of Season Tickets only.

Why are there no concessions available?

This offer is specifically aimed towards the adult age bands due to the duration of the scheme and number of changes in age groups during the time of the offer.

How much is a 10-Year Season Ticket?

Cost is based on the 2020/21 Early Bird Season Ticket prices for 10 years:

Kop - £4,550
North/Grandstand - £5,550
South Stand - £6,400

You will receive a Season Ticket in the area of the stadium you select for the duration of the offer.

What payment options are available?
Cash, cheque or debit card. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer finance through our usual channels for this longer term Season Ticket or credit card payments. 

What will I receive when I purchase a 10-Year Season Ticket?
Your receipt of payment, which you should keep safe as this acts as your proof of purchase. Please ensure your email address is up to date on the SWFC system as receipts are also emailed. 

Can I cancel my 10-Year Season Ticket?

Once purchased, there are no refunds available.

Can I transfer the ownership of my 10-Year Season Ticket?

The 10-Year Season Ticket is non-transferable unless written permission is given from the club under certain circumstances. 

What happens if I pass away before the end of the 10-Year Season Ticket?

We can transfer the name of the 10-Year Season Ticket or offer a refund for the remaining years. The refund would be based on a standard 10-Year Season Ticket and the number of seasons already played regardless of league status.  

Where can I purchase a 10-Year Season Ticket?
In person at the Owls Megastore or by telephone on 03700 201867 (option 1).  As the Ticket Office is expected to busy during the Early Bird Season Ticket and 10-Year Season Ticket sales period, supporters can also email their daytime contact details and request to ticketenquiries@swfc.co.uk and a member of the ticketing team will be in touch.

Why is the offer limited and how long do I have to buy?

Due to the nature of this offer and the loss of revenue expected the club can only sell a specific number which will be available on a first come, first served basis. The offer will be withdrawn once maximum numbers are achieved, therefore supporters are advised to purchase as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.

What happens if there is a change of ownership before or after promotion is achieved?

Any new owner would be contractually obliged to honour the 10-Year Season Ticket.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks like a desperate move by Sheffield Wednesday. Great deal for fans, but surely this is a huge financial gamble by Weds?

Also, just how many do they really expect to sell? How many Sheff W fans have £5k sitting around.

Edited by Robin101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read about it somewhere a while ago, unless it's a variant of this.

Something to do with FFP possibly. Plays a part.

EDIT: A quick search suggests that a while ago, they were offering a THREE year season ticket. Could be linked to, a building on this or something totally different

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I buy a ST every season regardless. If there was a finance option I'd certainly be delighted with this sort of offer.

It does sound dodgy as tho and another way for them to cheat their way around FFP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I buy a ST every season regardless. If there was a finance option I'd certainly be delighted with this sort of offer.

It does sound dodgy as tho and another way for them to cheat their way around FFP.

Agree, I’d def buy one if CIty followed suit.

Great deal for long term supporters 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

With a massive stadium like that and loads of empty seats at every game, there’s massive potential for a club to be a little dodgy and to make up a load of names of phantom supporters that have bought these season tickets. The club would then show their a revenue on your balance sheet and it’ll be virtually impossible for the football financial regulators to work out if they actually exist. Meanwhile the football club can show millions of pounds worth of revenue and potentially avoid FFP penalties and points deductions. If you make up 300 names you can show £2,000,000 in revenue. When they don’t show up to watch games, no one will miss them because they were never there in the first place. Sneaky

The financial statements get audited by a firm of accountants which are partly relied on by the EFL. The testing performed would pretty quickly identify that the fraudulent revenue in all honesty. 

Going on to the 10 year season tickets, I struggle to understand how this will help their FFP position as they will not recognise any additional revenue in this year's P&L. It's financially irresponsible in my opinion because they're attempting to get their long-term cash flows up-front. When they've spent the money from the debentures, a significant stream of income has gone and they'll need to raise alternative sources of cash which will probably be from debt. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Coppello said:

The financial statements get audited by a firm of accountants which are partly relied on by the EFL. The testing performed would pretty quickly identify that the fraudulent revenue in all honesty. 

Going on to the 10 year season tickets, I struggle to understand how this will help their FFP position as they will not recognise any additional revenue in this year's P&L. It's financially irresponsible in my opinion because they're attempting to get their long-term cash flows up-front. When they've spent the money from the debentures, a significant stream of income has gone and they'll need to raise alternative sources of cash which will probably be from debt. 

This is correct - wouldn’t affect their short term P&L - just their cash flow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Also, just how many do they really expect to sell? How many Sheff W fans have £5k sitting around.

Yeah it's a bit weird.  Even if they sold 500 that would only generate 2.5 million.  Seems a lot but that's tiny compared to their general expenses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

  @wendyredredrobin was not referring to SL, I sit in S19 and a lot of them are corporate guests, therefore referred to as Prawn Sandwich, personally I prefer Chicken Tikka 🤥

The 'Sheep Pie Mob' have flocked off recently I hear... 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the early 1980's when the club needed cash there & then, City offered a ten year season  ticket for £500. (Yes, five hundred).

Not  too many  fans took  up the offer though as there may not be a club in ten months, let alone ten years time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking aside whether it's good or bad for fans or club, it raises- unless Revenue Recognition Rules allow it or disallow it already, a further question over FFP and Sheffield Wednesday.

I admire the chutzpah on one level! Or is it more a case of of a desperate, ridiculous scheme?

Can well see why the League have a serious issue with Chansiri- stadium aside, not technically against any laws and rules but constantly pushing the limit, in such a close to the line way, well the fact he has been charged though I believe it was specifically over the Hillsborough sale and leaseback, seems well deserved.

Revenue Recognition- would it literally be same as usual in P&L, income sources etc or would it be 10-15 years of ST money in one hit and then nothing thereafter?

Or would it be the case that it appears in Cash Flow and not P&L- or vice versa?

In addition, if they continue like this and if his transfer of shares in one of the Hong Kong based companies for Sheffield Wednesday to Mrs. Chansiri is an attempted workaround to pre-empt any ban then serious consideration should be given to suspension of them from the EFL IMO.

If you cannot remove the problem from the club, then you remove the club that is the problem from the competition- or you at least consider this. Precedent set with Steve Dale? Though he was much worse and so was that case- but I see on a low level, a certain potential precedent.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Mental. So if they never go up you never have to pay for a season ticket again!

I'd be £350 a year better off! #announce10yearSeasonTickets

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...