IGNORED

Barnsley Fans View on LJ and our Club

Abraham Romanovich

4 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Worth a read , interesting to see how we are viewed from afar and their thoughts on LJ who was their manager.

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/bristol-city-lee-johnson.287379/

Interesting how they thought we haven’t been in top flight since before the war (we have albeit 40 years ago), that we all thought we would beat the Shrews (after the form the last two months I don’t think anyone thought it was a given), and that they will beat us Saturday and get Johnson sacked (we shall see!)

7 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Worth a read , interesting to see how we are viewed from afar and their thoughts on LJ who was their manager.

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/bristol-city-lee-johnson.287379/

Interestingly, the general consensus is that he is doing a reasonable job and our expectations are too high. That’s probably how the football world sees it overall. Just what we think of other teams’ over critical fans, in fact.

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Interestingly, the general consensus is that he is doing a reasonable job and our expectations are too high. That’s probably how the football world sees it overall. Just what we think of other teams’ over critical fans, in fact.

I dont think people who want him gone care about the table.

The issue is that if you took a nuetral to most games, especially the ones at home, and asked them who played better - in very few of them would the nuetral point to us. 

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I was about to post something similar.

But I do also believe our fanbases expectations are too high based on the size of our club. I think being around the Championship playoffs is about right for us. Sacking the manager at this stage of the season when we are in that position would be a ridiculous move.

14 minutes ago, Famara's Party Hat said:

I was about to post something similar.

But I do also believe our fanbases expectations are too high based on the size of our club. I think being around the Championship playoffs is about right for us. Sacking the manager at this stage of the season when we are in that position would be a ridiculous move.

any fan base who's spent upward to 25 million in the transfer window has a right to expect a high position in the league

Although the general message may be considered true, this guy needs to get his facts right....

"It does seem a bit strange doesnt it - Some of their fans must think they are Wednesday or Leeds fans you know sides with a history in the top division so might have a reasonable expectation of getting there again
Bristol City had a short spell in the old First Division before WW1 but since then have mostly been in the lower leagues with occasional forays into the second tier."

I don't recall being at war during the late seventies and I believe our all-time league position was lower second tier. 

26 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Interesting how they thought we haven’t been in top flight since before the war (we have albeit 40 years ago), that we all thought we would beat the Shrews (after the form the last two months I don’t think anyone thought it was a given), and that they will beat us Saturday and get Johnson sacked (we shall see!)

Well, they were in the fourth division then so probably didn't strain their necks that far up !

1 minute ago, Bedred31 said:

Interesting the inevitable focus on how much we’ve spent, without noting that we’ve raked in about £80m gross in 2 years by selling most of our best players, a process that appears ongoing, viz Brownhill.

its 60 million over 3 years all of which has been spent by our head coach

We sold Bryan replaced him with DaSilva

We sold flint replaced him with webster

We sold Webster replaced him with Kalas

I enjoyed this: Replace Barnsley with Bristol City or any other team....seems all fans all think the same thing!

Problem usually with this scenario is that Barnsley usually turn up and let the other team off.

Been a 28 game losing streak. Play Barnsley. 3 points.

Striker that’s not scored for 25 games. Play Barnsley hat trick.

21 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

its 60 million over 3 years all of which has been spent by our head coach

We sold Bryan replaced him with DaSilva

We sold flint replaced him with webster

We sold Webster replaced him with Kalas

We did not replace Webster with Kalas.

We're yet to replace Webster. Taylor Moore has stepped up, but he's not the player Webster was. Webster was the catalyst for almost all of our attacks last season and it'll be impossible to replace that, but Kalas certainly did not replace Webster

49 minutes ago, Super said:

They’re one point off the play offs in one of the toughest leagues in the world.

what do they expect, exactly?

Well at one stage we were threatening the top two , then We where in fourth , then sixth and now what is it 9th ? 

The expectation is just a bit of consistency.

No City fan ever ‘ expects ‘ us to be in the Prem but we do hope and we are largely disappointed to be dropping off the pace when every thing should be in place for a proper go at the play offs. 

50 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Some very sensible comments there particularly ‘they’re 1 point off the play offs, what do they expect?’

For our not-inconsiderable outlay, we expect to watch entertaining football played by players who can do the basics right and look like they give a toss. I don't think that's too much to ask

44 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

any fan base who's spent upward to 25 million in the transfer window has a right to expect a high position in the league

Agreed!! The club's brought the expectations on themselves ..High value sales and turn over of players also the ground and training ground.. It's premiership ambition.  So yes we do expect especially signing a centre half for 8 million.. We expect higher and more consistent performances!! That's the ground they've set this season. 

Archived