Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

JonDolman

Eros Pisano

Is he still without a club?

He's still only 32.

I always loved his commitment. Aggressive and clearly loved playing for us.

As a right back I wasn't that keen. He didn't have the legs to get up and down the line.

I thought his best performance was at centre back vs QPR. And the Plymouth game at centre back he was superb too.

Made me think maybe we could have kept him on in that position. But obviously LJ didn't feel the same.

• Like 3

He did have a brief period of good form which declined quickly. He was... okay. 

I don't think there was much wrong with his play, I think LJ just thought we could get better player with his wage. 

Edited by Sturny

I rate Pisano higher than Jack Hunt. Hunt confuses me, going forward he is very good and his crossing is superb but I don’t think his positioning as a defender is anywhere near good enough. Periera, to me is a much better player. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Rovers 1

Gutted he's not found a club, unless of course he's deliberately enjoying his retirement but hasn't publicly announced it.

Think we were probably right to let him go, but I really liked the fella and he always gave absolutely everything. Wish him all the best. 

• Like 7

He was pretty average but certainly a much better defender than Hunt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

I rate Pisano higher than Jack Hunt. Hunt confuses me, going forward he is very good and his crossing is superb but I don’t think his positioning as a defender is anywhere near good enough. Periera, to me is a much better player. 

I agree on Pereira.

Not sure why you got that emoji reaction btw !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmissionImpossible said:

You weren’t at Shrewsbury on Tuesday night then. 

Early season form he’s been decent recently he’s looked more like Nicky Hunt! 

32 minutes ago, Jasper Testimitanu said:

You weren’t at Shrewsbury on Tuesday night then. 

Early season form he’s been decent recently he’s looked more like Nicky Hunt! 

That was slightly like the point I was trying to make. I would play Pereira.

I may have drifted in hyperbole regarding his crossing.

Edited by EmissionImpossible

1 hour ago, EmissionImpossible said:

I think it's a bit harsh on hunt to say hes confusing. In my opinion hes very much a championship standard attacking full back. Great going forward but not great at defending.

Pereira is good but with him in the side rather than hunt we really lose that attacking edge. I agree hunt has been in poor form but I'd back it to be only temporary. If we want to get back to winning ways his crossing ability is going to be vital. 

Pereira is better defensively but if it was up to me I'd be having him as 2nd choice because hunt offers something from that right hand side that we cant really get from anywhere else. 

6 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Pereira is a better full back, Hunt a better wing back.

I agree with Kempson. On a long drive to the next away game try and list the really good RBs, defensively or attacking. 

Then have a much easier task of good, popular or brilliant Left Backs. We have been spoilt with LBs and there would be 10 different nominations for best/favourite if a new thread was started. 

How about JH away and Pereira away? But then this forum would be swamped with 'Tinkerers' whereas using your squad may be the way to go with our single most problematic position on the park 

Always find it weird when a half-decent player is without a club. He wasn’t special but he was a competent player at Championship level - there must be hundreds of clubs below that level that would surely want him.

And surely it would be better for him to be playing and earning, at whatever level, than not playing or earning at all.

18 hours ago, phantom said:

He is currently without a club

And why is that?  :dunno:

On 16/01/2020 at 15:11, JonDolman said:

Made me think maybe we could have kept him on in that position. But obviously LJ didn't feel the same.

Then he goes and secures a deal for Pereira, who has about as much ability to play RB as half the people on here.

• Confused 1
  • Aubergine 4
  • Rovers 2
  • Snake 1

4 minutes ago, FrozenRobin said:

Then he goes and secures a deal for Pereira, who has about as much ability to play RB as half the people on here.

Hmmm, keep an injury stricken guy in his 30s (as nice and popular as he may have been) or replace with an up and coming Portuguese U20 on a very sensible loan to buy option.

I think they got this one correct.

• Like 4

Just now, Gazred said:

Hmmm, keep an injury stricken guy in his 30s (as nice and popular as he may have been) or replace with an up and coming Portuguese U20 on a very sensible loan to buy option.

Are you telling me that you would pay £6m for Pereira (with his option to buy) based on this seasons' performances?

23 minutes ago, FrozenRobin said:

What a ridiculous comment.

Fair enough if you don't rate him..he's 21 and already very good imo.

But why say a stupid sarcastic comment that he has as much ability as half the people on here.

Grow up.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FrozenRobin said:

Are you telling me that you would pay £6m for Pereira (with his option to buy) based on this seasons' performances?

Where did £6m come from?

Probably be a couple at most i would of thought.

Performances have been mixed but he has shown enough for me to justify the signing so far. 

I'd be happy with it going perm as well but certainly not for £6m, again, no idea where that figure came from.

8 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Where did £6m come from?

Probably be a couple at most i would of thought.

Performances have been mixed but he has shown enough for me to justify the signing so far. 

I'd be happy with it going perm as well but certainly not for £6m, again, no idea where that figure came from.

In fairness @Olé came up with that, reckoned Genoa were asked for £4.5m back in the summer.

• Thanks 1

Recruitment of right backs hasn’t been great by LJ/MA.....

start with Ayling, replace with Wright, Pisano, then Hunt, then Pereira..... now back to Hunt again.  

I’d say only one, as a right back, was top end Championship standard... but he went to the races and had a few drinks so he’s a “very naughty boy” (rip Terry Jones) and “had” to be sold.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In fairness @Olé came up with that, reckoned Genoa were asked for £4.5m back in the summer.

It would be strange if we signed him for that  fee considering so little game time. Suspect it will not be a permanent signing as it stands. He will be the same or more than Jay 

1 hour ago, FrozenRobin said:

How dare you?

I’ll have you know I was a damn good stay at home right back. Ask any winger in the Cornwall Sportivate Youth League from five years ago 

Edited by Newquay-Red
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

But why say a stupid sarcastic comment that he has as much ability as half the people on here.

Ever heard of an exaggeration? Of course, I don't think we are better than a Championship professional. Either you are gullible, and take every word on here seriously, or very petty and defensive.

46 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Fair enough, but when the 30-year old can put in a solid shift, to release him, not so sure. Would have been a decent deputy at RB. 

32 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Fair enough if you don't rate him..he's 21 and already very good imo.

Yes, but for a player on loan, you're not looking for someone who is 'good for their age' rather a 'good player'.

34 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

What a ridiculous comment.

Don't really see how it is? Voicing my opinion. Explain please.😃😃

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, this is like a game of tennis Dave...

Or to cut to the chase - two stories both saying we have to pay €6m:

https://www.zerozero.pt/news.php?id=258832

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-nos/benfica/detalhe/bristol-fica-com-opcao-de-compra-por-pedro-pereira?ref=Pesquisa_Destaques

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FrozenRobin said:

Ever heard of an exaggeration? Of course, I don't think we are better than a Championship professional. Either you are gullible, and take every word on here seriously, or very petty and defensive.

Fair enough, but when the 30-year old can put in a solid shift, to release him, not so sure. Would have been a decent deputy at RB. 

Yes, but for a player on loan, you're not looking for someone who is 'good for their age' rather a 'good player'.

Don't really see how it is? Voicing my opinion. Explain please.😃😃

I'd rather be accused of being petty and defensive because of sticking up for our promising right back than be accused of being someone who makes up tranafer rumours for attention.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Cheers. In that case, i think it would have to be reviewed in the summer. I like him but he's not impressed as much as Dasilva did under a similar agreement. I guess not knowing how it's going to pan out, you need to add a certain amount on top should the players value effectively rise during the loan spell (Dasilva).

Dasilva we got cheap, was great value. Pedro's not quite shown enough yet for me to justify that price but if he can get himself a run in the team before the seasons over, there is still time to impress further. I think he showed real promise earlier in the season. He is certainly a talented player who can improve with us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Pisa pisa pisano pisano pisano, pisa pisa pisano, pisa pisano

We never realised how many ITKers were in the crowd chanting the future.

This has made me strangely happy today.

• Haha 1