IGNORED

On to Saturday

Eddie Notgetinya

5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

No he meant unstoppable,

i rate him highly and have defended him a fair few times but he could do with a rest

ans the shape Eddie suggested is what we should be playing 

Makes me laugh on here when someone can't bring themselves to criticise one of their favourites they instead say 'he could do with a rest' ?

Ta, so something like

Bentley 

Hunt | Williams | Moore | Dasilva

Eliasson | Brownhill | Nagy | Paterson

Weimann | Diedhiou

Bench (7 from):

Maenpaa or Wollacott

Pereira

Smith 

Massengo

Rowe

O’Dowda

Palmer

Semenyo

Morton

Hinds

(Wright assume will be at Sunderland)

Have I missed anyone?

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Makes me laugh on here when someone can't bring themselves to criticise one of their favourites they instead say 'he could do with a rest' ?

He (Weimann) probably needs a rest as he regularly puts in twice as much effort and work rate as the rest of the team combined - it’s difficult to appreciate that from a tv or iPad or iPhone or PC screen ...

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He (Weimann) probably needs a rest as he regularly puts in twice as much effort and work rate as the rest of the team combined - it’s difficult to appreciate that from a tv or iPad or iPhone or PC screen ...

I can see him running at the games or on TV. It's what he's good at.

He's runs a lot, but so do others.

25 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Literally just lit up a game playing on the left against Wigan. Looked to give us proper balance when he played on the left of a 4 as well.

On the left drifting in field. He can certainly do that role effectively and suits an attacking left back like Dasilva attacking the space.

We need enough "box entries" and "the stars to align" to win this and of course the correct studs for the grass length. Add in the rub of the green and being the right side of the fine line and the jobs a good un.

We had good enough squad of players to beat Shrewsbury they werent managed well enough so we didnt, our fate on Sat is down to one man although he will deny that until the day he dies.

2 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

massive game for Johnson. it is a must win. Defeat and he i.m.o will be gone. the fans will turn on him. so he has to pick a strong attack minded team and go for it. coyr

A defeat on Saturday won't be the end of LJ, not a chance he will be sacked while the top 6 is a possibility.

3 minutes ago, weepywall said:

A defeat on Saturday won't be the end of LJ, not a chance he will be sacked while the top 6 is a possibility.

Whoever finishes in 6th spot is in for a shallacking... Brentford over 2 legs, perish the thought..

13 hours ago, Super said:

I think he gets away with it from the fans because he does run a lot . I don't see the point in him

I rate the player however I think he needs a break.

He’s lost his sparkle a little bit but when on form he’s capable of scoring, assisting and wearing out the opposition defence with his movement.

He is yet another player who suffers under LJ , I am not sure he knows the lad’s best position or how to use him to the maximum of his ability despite his best goal scoring season last season and looking on course to breaking his record this one .

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh, but Bobby Reid ran around a lot and was revered - but he only had one good season for us 

I thought Bobby was good the season before most times he played. But for some reason LJ wouldn't play him much.

But his final season with us I thought he was superb. His ability to run at the players, take the ball in tight spaces and come away with it. His hold up play and his intricate passing and his finishing.

But he couldn't play as well the seasons before for 2 reasons.

He wasn't playing up front. And he didn't quite have the physical strength. He was a late developer.

I think fans just miss what he brought to the side, which was key to how we played our great football.

If we'd managed to sign him back this season then him and Weimann would have been the obvious partnership.

Archived