IGNORED

Dean Holden - Press Conference

Lew-T

7 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Well, that was insightful 

To be fair, he's on a hiding to nothing when we are on a run like this.

There are some people waiting for a chance to pounce upon anything that may be construed as negative and others who have no concept of comprehension and take whatever is said totally literally and others who say its full of cliches and not worth watching/listening (but they do anyway).

At a time when we are in a rut, I would think the management and players are putting up a wall and creating a seige mentality. Sorry if that sounds a bit dramatic but its exactly what I would expect. 

Big game saturday, players and club need a positive performance and result and hopefully we'll get one - and, this will upset a few, I fully expect the supporters to get behind them.

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

He seemed a bit dumbfounded and out of touch when it was put to him that the fans cant see and recognise what our identity is.

He sure dodged that, the reporter was quite crafty how he phrased the question. It's true.  What are we now ?  long ball team, pressing team, even Gary Owers did not know anymore on radio Brizzle and he has played at the highest level, seems to be that DH also dodged it quite well, and he nows nothing about anything when it comes to incomings and outgoings.  I would have expected the usual re spinning plates, not talking about other clubs players, thats fair enough. 

31 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I don’t watch Holden or McAllister pressers now. Boring cliche nonsense 

I find it far more informative to watch the match myself and draw my own conclusions from what actually happens on the field of play.

Yes, i've been good! I resisted the temptation to say that i don't want to listen to the 3 'wise' dross spewing ****s that are 'in charge of things'.

Well done me

6 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Only do them when we are on a bad run and that doesn't reflect too well on the boss IMO.

It’s another example of that lack of responsibility from him again. Just face the questions when things are a little tricky.  Not a big deal in isolation granted but it adds up. 

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

It’s another example of that lack of responsibility from him again. Just face the questions when things are a little tricky.  Not a big deal in isolation granted but it adds up. 

So who does the post match interviews regardless of result or performance ?

The pre-match interviews have ALWAYS been split on a rota - as per Gregors explanation.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

So who does the post match interviews regardless of result or performance ?

The pre-match interviews have ALWAYS been split on a rota - as per Gregors explanation.

After the result on Tuesday and the Nketiah situation I’d personally like to see our man at the helm fronting up to the media and giving us an update on where we currently are - both in terms of going into Saturday and in terms of signings.  Not a ‘nothing’ interview from the third man in charge.  

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

After the result on Tuesday and the Nketiah situation I’d personally like to see our man at the helm fronting up to the media and giving us an update on where we currently are - both in terms of going into Saturday and in terms of signings.  Not a ‘nothing’ interview from the third man in charge.  

He put himself up for interview before and after the game and gave answers to what you are asking.

I really don't see the importance of a pre-match interview where there is nothing more to add.

But each to their own.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He put himself up for interview before and after the game and gave answers to what you are asking.

I really don't see the importance of a pre-match interview where there is nothing more to add.

But each to their own.

So nothing has moved on in the transfer situation in the last 48 hrs? And I must’ve missed where he talked about Saturday and our opponents Barnsley in depth on Tuesday night as well I guess?  
Nothing major as I said in my original reply but these are the times LJ should be taking responsibility and facing the media imho regardless of any rotas. 

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

So nothing has moved on in the transfer situation in the last 48 hrs? And I must’ve missed where he talked about Saturday and our opponents Barnsley in depth on Tuesday night as well I guess?  
Nothing major as I said in my original reply but these are the times LJ should be taking responsibility and facing the media imho regardless of any rotas. 

He did face the media as I indicated.

He didn't do it as you wanted.

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He did face the media as I indicated.

He didn't do it as you wanted.

But in your last post you said that he did?  

13 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

But each to their own.

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

He seemed a bit dumbfounded and out of touch when it was put to him that the fans cant see and recognise what our identity is.

Any idea on what minute roughly it was asked? I know it’s only 10 minutes long but pre match pressers are so ******* boring.

Much preferred the extended Nagy interview.

Obviously not been media trained yet, refreshing to see such honest and straightforward replies.

Seems settled and happy at City and in Bristol now, perhaps after a difficult settling in period, and spoke very well

Came over as a decent bloke too.

Archived