IGNORED

Dean Holden - Press Conference

Lew-T

51 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Much preferred the extended Nagy interview.

Obviously not been media trained yet, refreshing to see such honest and straightforward replies.

Seems settled and happy at City and in Bristol now, perhaps after a difficult settling in period, and spoke very well

Came over as a decent bloke too.

Indeed, he's been the best* 'guest' on Robins TV match commentary as well.  His first comment after being welcomed was 'ok, I have never done this before so what do you want me to say'?  You would have thought they would have chatted about that for 5 minutes beforehand!

*Probably helped it was before the hilarious and not so private joke where the currently injured or not selected guest player inserts as many song titles during his co-commentating stint.  Don't give up the day job just yet fellas...

... and that concludes the case for the prosecution m’Lord.

There we have it, as clear as day follows night, no clue as to what identity means, let alone what it is. 

This is explains why there is no coherent transfer strategy, cohesion on the pitch. It’s all totally random, made up as we go along.

Just now, RedRock said:

There we have it, as clear as day follows night, no clue as to what identity means, let alone what it is. 

This is explains why there is no coherent transfer strategy, cohesion on the pitch. It’s all totally random, made up as we go along.

Sounds like the basis for a Python sketch.

10 hours ago, lenred said:

So nothing has moved on in the transfer situation in the last 48 hrs? And I must’ve missed where he talked about Saturday and our opponents Barnsley in depth on Tuesday night as well I guess?  
Nothing major as I said in my original reply but these are the times LJ should be taking responsibility and facing the media imho regardless of any rotas. 

Win or lose a 5min presser, not a lot to ask; stop chucking others under the bus.

57 minutes ago, RedRock said:

I would expect a grass roots youth team coach to able to answer that question in regards to their own teams.

It is basically how do you play the game and Dean Holden couldn't provide a simple explanation.

They are making it up.

59 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Sounds like the basis for a Python sketch.

Well we did play ‘All ways look on the bright side of life’ following our last relegation, much to SoDs annoyance.

Maybe our entry to the pitch could be accompanied by the Flying Circus’s theme tune.

Very apt, as we currently have no idea what is going to be served up, who will take the lead role, who’ll be the clown or who will put on an Oscar winning performance. Would give us a larf anyhow, and probably create a better starting atmosphere than the one we have currently!

This from Holden on the main site

We are at our best when we do come out on the front foot and we’re aggressive in every part of our play, with and without the ball,” he said. “Barnsley are a decent team and they’ve had a good recent run of results but we’re at home at Ashton Gate, this is our stadium and we want to make sure no teams come here and enjoy the experience.”

So why do we always seem to start on the defensive at the gate,saying all the right things but in reality it’s not happening very often.

43 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I would expect a grass roots youth team coach to able to answer that question in regards to their own teams.

It is basically how do you play the game and Dean Holden couldn't provide a simple explanation.

They are making it up.

The honest answer would have been “we do have a very basic counter attacking style, home and away, but generally react to the opposition for the most part rather than having an identity of our own that we want them to worry about”......

Why did I watch/listen to it?

To reinforce my view that it's a complete waste of time with all the usual bullshit and clichés.

Nothing against Holden but it was almost word for word the same as the article on the City website by one of the City Women's team that had been hammered 1-6 by Chelsea.

Taking positives from massive defeats? Rubbish and do they really think that we believe that?

9 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Why did I watch/listen to it?

To reinforce my view that it's a complete waste of time with all the usual bullshit and clichés.

Nothing against Holden but it was almost word for word the same as the article on the City website by one of the City Women's team that had been hammered 1-6 by Chelsea.

Taking positives from massive defeats? Rubbish and do they really think that we believe that?

Agreed hoping for at least a boring draw tomorrow. The supporters will be as always behind the team. I think if we do get a win it will most likely be a lucky one 

5 hours ago, City oz said:

Agreed hoping for at least a boring draw tomorrow. The supporters will be as always behind the team. I think if we do get a win it will most likely be a lucky one 

Are you coming over on a day trip? At least no fires here, just incessant rain! Which is worse? Burning to death or drowning? My wife says the former because she might get to hold the fireman's hosepipe for a while before she goes!

7 hours ago, RedRock said:

Well we did play ‘All ways look on the bright side of life’ following our last relegation, much to SoDs annoyance.

Maybe our entry to the pitch could be accompanied by the Flying Circus’s theme tune.

Very apt, as we currently have no idea what is going to be served up, who will take the lead role, who’ll be the clown or who will put on an Oscar winning performance. Would give us a larf anyhow, and probably create a better starting atmosphere than the one we have currently!

Please let there be a massive foot too! :pray:

Monty-Python-foot-1024x803.jpg

Let's have it right, unless he said that he, LJ and Jamie Mac are all clueless chancers who are out of their depth and will resign immediately, whatever he said was always going to be the wrong thing for the whoppers on here who've suddenly decided that anyone and everyone connected with the club is shit because we're on a bad run.

9 hours ago, RedDave said:

Our identity is quite clear to me

- happy without the ball

- press from half way or 20 yards inside their half depending on opposition 

- create fewer chances but ensure the chances created are quality ones

The style of football is mixed and I think tends to be longer balls when confidence is low. 

We’ve played completely differently each season for the last three, so how is that a identity ? 

18 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Let's have it right, unless he said that he, LJ and Jamie Mac are all clueless chancers who are out of their depth and will resign immediately, whatever he said was always going to be the wrong thing for the whoppers on here who've suddenly decided that anyone and everyone connected with the club is shit because we're on a bad run.

That is exaggeration x embroidery of posts. A whopper.

This is neither. Mr Johnson has stated he wants to see an identity throughout the club. Mr Holden could not articulate what that identity is. Fans similarly cannot understand what this identity is despite Mr Johnson and coaches using the term consistently.

Its a fair observation beyond a bad run isn't it? 

Archived