IGNORED

QPR away discussions

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

The bottom tier will surely sell well if we get a new signing or 2 and wouldn’t it be a nice gesture if club put on subsidised transport ie coaches £10 just a thought as I know coaches hired for London are about £600 ?

It would be a good gesture but I don't see the need from the clubs perspective. If they are going to do it pick a game that's really far away. 

2 hours ago, arrytheb said:

Is it allocated seating please? 

I ask because I see people commenting about restricted views etc so is there a risk my 'gold' tickets could be occupied and I end up watching the tv tower? 

From what I read, it said that there were restricted views in both the gold & silver banded seats, so there’s no knowing if you have a restricted view until you get there as they aren’t offering any price variation for a seat with a restricted view. And it’s normally just a free-for-all at away games, so I would envisage a struggle to get a seat with an unrestricted view there.

• Admin
6 hours ago, arrytheb said:

Is it allocated seating please? 

I ask because I see people commenting about restricted views etc so is there a risk my 'gold' tickets could be occupied and I end up watching the tv tower? 

3 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

From what I read, it said that there were restricted views in both the gold & silver banded seats, so there’s no knowing if you have a restricted view until you get there as they aren’t offering any price variation for a seat with a restricted view. And it’s normally just a free-for-all at away games, so I would envisage a struggle to get a seat with an unrestricted view there.

@arrytheb @Tipps69

If you've not been to Loftus Road this place is right up there with the worst away day experiences in our league. 

All the seats are cramped, the concourse is just wide enough for two people to stand side by side and unless you are in one of the first two rows you can't see the nearest goal line. 

The stewards have a habit of being heavy handed up here and as 8stand at the top of EVERY entrance to the seats THEY DO enforce that you sit in the seat you purchased 

20200122_162706.jpg

1 minute ago, phantom said:

@arrytheb @Tipps69

If you've not been to Loftus Road this place is right up there with the worst away day experiences in our league. 

All the seats are cramped, the concourse is just wide enough for two people to stand side by side

Being 6'4" and needing to keep one of my legs mobile I'll be looking forward to this ?

• Admin

A quick tip for anyone that has not been here before make sure you know where you're heading when you get to the stadium.

Lower tier blocks are accessed via South Africa Road, whilst fans on the upper tier will need to enter via Ellerslie Road.

There's no shortcut between the two!

Away coaches normally drop fans nearer the Main Stand, so you'll need to allow an extra five minutes or so to get round to the other end of the away end if you are on the upper tier.

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

@arrytheb @Tipps69

All the seats are cramped, the concourse is just wide enough for two people to stand side by side and unless you are in one of the first two rows you can't see the nearest goal line. 

The stewards have a habit of being heavy handed up here and as 8stand at the top of EVERY entrance to the seats THEY DO enforce that you sit in the seat you purchased 

20200122_162706.jpg

It was a game that 5 of us were looking at doing but £33 for the experience that you have explained above (we’ve heard similar from numerous other people) was enough to mean that we decided against this game!

It certainly sounds like it would cause me more damage to an already wrecked back & that’s something I could do without!

• Admin
46 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

It was a game that 5 of us were looking at doing but £33 for the experience that you have explained above (we’ve heard similar from numerous other people) was enough to mean that we decided against this game!

It certainly sounds like it would cause me more damage to an already wrecked back & that’s something I could do without!

But, if the lower tier goes on sale the bottom tier is a completely different experience. 

I was working in Colindale today and got chatting to a QPR season ticket holder, he said a few teams have had the lower section and as they hadn't sold out they could spread out as much as they wanted 

2 hours ago, arrytheb said:

Being 6'4" and needing to keep one of my legs mobile I'll be looking forward to this ?

Being a ST holder in the Dolman at 6ft 6, I feel

your pain, I’m constantly asked to sit back and lower my knees by the people infront ? So I’m sure I can cope with another 90mins of not feeling my legs 

8 minutes ago, ZiderheadTJ said:

Being a ST holder in the Dolman at 6ft 6, I feel

your pain, I’m constantly asked to sit back and lower my knees by the people infront ? So I’m sure I can cope with another 90mins of not feeling my legs 

Yeah whenever I sit in the dolman I apologise to the people in front of me before the game starts ?

Archived